VPF with another internal server error

Its down again,...
Now i seriously doubt that AJ really fixed it,...
I cant imagine that they have a server maintainance going on again.

However,...
I just hope that more and more peops will see the signs and come over here instead,...
It doesnt really matter where we meet,IMO,its mostly a question of "being used to it" anyway,IMO,so lets get where things are stable and reliable,and where folks do really care,...

My opinion,...

O.K.,...
Just in case anyone wonders,...

I could have said "Lets meet at shivas" as well,but let me be honest,...shivasite is somehow dark and "unfriendly" looking and structured in kind of an "complicated" way,IMO,...
Its sometimes very hard to get to the point,when you look for something specific.
I really liked the,(optical),layout at the beginning,but i noticed that it is somehow "nothing for the long term",..so to say,...

But dont get me wrong.
Im only talking about the site,..not shivas person.
I dont know many folks who are SO dedicated,friendly and helpful as shiva is.
Of course,he has his own opinions sometimes,but we all have them,and that makes shiva not less O.K. in my book,...
Its really only the site i have issues with,...

Hmmm,...
Now it is suddenly back up again,...

It comes and goes and comes and goes and comes and,.................
ANNOYING!!!

It's down! : <= Hey, let's all rock at out flipperless.com baby! VPF Sucks!!!!!

Whooops! It's back up! : <= Um, nevermind! Party at VPF!!!!

:evil:

Pacdude said:
It's down! : <= Hey, let's all rock at out flipperless.com baby! VPF Sucks!!!!!

Whooops! It's back up! : <= Um, nevermind! Party at VPF!!!!

:evil:

Now what was that reply good for?
I guess you know that im not like that,and your reply is by the way way out of context too.
You see,...im already here again,and i am,(or better john is),trying for hours to get my account straight,so what kind of reply is that?
I stick to my word,and i still say its better if we'd all come over here.
Of course that doesnt mean that i never enter VPF now until the show is really here,...i see not much sense in replying to my own posts all the time,or to talk to myself in case noone else is here,if you know what i mean,...

But like i said once before:
No more discussions about such stuff.
Lets figure how to get the flashers on Raven to work or something,but please lets not start with shit like that again,O.K.?
You know it leads to nothing and only ends with insulting each other,...

Thanks,...

LOL

Phoenixx, how can you translate PD's post as an attack on you? It might be, but I see it as just a silly little post that came after yours and followed the "they're down, they're up" rhythm of the thread.

I certainly agree with your...

"i see not much sense in replying to my own posts all the time,or to talk to myself in case noone else is here,if you know what i mean,..."

That's the biggest problem with all of the sites except VPF. IMO, It's a waste of time to post a WIP or Release Thread anywhere except VPF, because no one reads them.

bob said:
LOL

Phoenixx, how can you translate PD's post as an attack on you? It might be, but I see it as just a silly little post that came after yours and followed the "they're down, they're up" rhythm of the thread.

Hmmm,...
O.K.,...
Maybe i was a bit too sensitive in this case,...im not sure how he meant it,but you could of course be right,...

PD will certainly tell us,...:)

Anyway,...
I will definitely log off for today,(its 10 after midnight here,and im quite tired),so ill check back tomorrow,...

Night,folks,...

It was more a commentary on the trend I see in this idea of replacing VPF as the main forums. People are all for it while VPF is down, but soon as it comes back up, everyone is happy again. Things will never change that way. But the day I can't make sarcastic, humourous comments is the day I'm convinced I'm back in the OLD VPF world.

Frankly, I just want reliable forums run by reliable, non-biased people. I don't want the OLD VPF. I don't want VPFF either, really. A reliable version of the current VPF would be nice. I like the setup here also, but I'm not convinced that it would be perfectly reliable with that kind of traffic coming in either.

To be honest, and I'm talking only for myself and not PN or JPH, but I really don't want to be "the official VP site" because I don't want all the junk that goes along with that. I don't want half of our posts having absolutely nothing at all to do with pinball. I don't want to get accused of treason simply because I don't agree with someone else. I don't want to be like VPF, because then I guess I'd have to be like AJ, and never participate in any discussions, and I'd have to ignore everyone here.

I'd rather close PN before I'd let it turn into a giant Outlanes. We have forums for Opinions, Humor, and a Private Adult Funhouse. These should and do allow us to let off enough steam so that the rest of the forum can deal with the Subject Of The Day . . . PINBALL in all its glory. If you want to read or post about Wrestling, Stupid NeckTies, Game Boys and Boxes, and the latest Movies, go visit VPF, we'll still be here when you want to discuss and debate PINBALL.

So no, I not mind at all that we have the fewest members of the four VP forums, not counting VPHO, which has just begun, and which is a specialty site. I really like the idea that everyone who comes here does so because he or she wants to, and not simply out of habit. So while I think that Jon and I do try our level best to make PN as good as it can be, I'll be perfectly happy to remain in the background, so to speak.

John :oldman

Thing is John, it's not about what you would rather...

btw none of the posts in this thread has anything to do with pinball...so to speak.;)

You're right Steve that it doesn't really matter what I would prefer, which is probably a good thing. Everyone who visits helps shape the site, but I'm still thankful it has taken the direction it has, for it could have evolved a lot less favorably. But I don't agree that this thread isn't about pinball, because most of it discusses VPF and the problems in recent weeks and months. It might not be about the game of pinball, but it is about our obsession with Pinball.

John

Well, in spite of AJ bragging recently that VPF hadn't been down in two weeks right after it had been down the better part of a day, it seems as if VPF and shivaSite are indeed down again. Of course that's OK, because AJ claims to be on top of the problem, and his # 1 supporter Mr Wanker says we should be both understanding and grateful. Well now, I'm grateful Mr Wanker isn't twins, and I understand that AJ doesn't give a tinker's dang. I wonder why he hasn't given/sold VPF to the person who offered to buy it, since it's obvious to me he either doesn't have the time or interest to run it properly.

John :oldman

Down again.

Ha ha ha...

They can't get things right over both places.

I think I may have made the last post before it went down

You killed VPF!!!!! You bastard!!!!! :) :) :)

Kurt

I did not it was not a super long post

Mitchell said:
Down again.

Ha ha ha...

They can't get things right over both places.

Mitch, don't blame shiva, since the two sites share the same server when VPF messes up, shivaSite suffers along with the rest of us.

John

I wonder if AJ going to giveup his vpforum soon.

If that happen then I sure Randy will jump over here.

He doesn't want to loses his testers like us. Unless he willing to craw Black back into his tester again. But bet that won't happen anyway because Black is mad at him.

This place is much cooler than the vpforum anyway.

Even Shiva website and forum is cooler than the other one.

It is really scarey if the vpforum won't be around anymore.

It definitely is!
Current Time: 22.11.04 17:52h CET

Weird indeed. It's up and running for me at 12:12. But keep in mind that since it's not happening as often as it had been, we should do a little dance of joy. At least according to AJ and Mr Wanker.

John

That "thud" smilie PD posted should become VPFs mascot,...
It hits the nail right on its head,...

UPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPcrashUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPcrashUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPcrashUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPcrashUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPcrashUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdownUPdown

And just what will be AJ's excuse this time. If he isn't prepared to correct the problems, he should give/sell VPF to whoever it is who is willing to take it over/buy it. That is, if they are still willing after all this time. Sad times indeed.

John

Actually, it got back for a short while but it's been down again for the last 4-5 hours for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back