VPX, VPT, FPT

VPGamer75

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Terminator 2
I wonder about program (VPinMAME 8.1, 9.22, 9.5 pinX6 pin7) explain to for each extension and which use that I mention. Now VPM last night ran audit . I am missing one but detailed is long. So I remove details roms put miss folder all suddenly 30 missing so put it back VPM missing 1 . Thank you for reading my English ain’t great.

FPT= Future Pinball Table

VPT= Visual Pinball Table - (VPbeta, VP6, VP7, VP8, VP9, VP912, VP995 and so on)
Some tables will only play correctly with the VP version they were made for. With each progression in the Visual Pinball version number, new things were added to the program.
Rotated Cabinet POV versions did not start until VP9. Before VP9, they were all Desktop POV versions.
This extension has been used since the beginning of the Visual Pinball Program all the way up until VPX was released.

VPX= Visual Pinball 10 Table
These tables have both Desktop and Rotated Cabinet POV version all in one table.
With each new version number, new things are added to program.
You can look in your Doc folder and find a text file named Changelog.txt that will show you the changes made in each version.

VPinMAME = program that emulates the rom.
With each new version of VPinMAME, new things were added.
You can look in your VPinMAME folder and you will see a couple of text files named..whatsnew.txt and whatsnewVPM.txt
This will tell you of the changes made in each version.

Hope this helps you.

LOL you are all over place it good thing. My username VPGamer75, I hating nickname on here. I am organizing tables Folder reasoning I asked. Thank you 😊 for reading my post.

If you have VP10.7 installed, it will play all older version VPX tables. So no need to seperate any VPX tables.
I would keep VP8 and under tables in their own folder.
And VP9 tables in their own folder. There are Cabinet and Desktop versions, so you would want those seperated of course.
(There are PhysMod5 version tables or PM5, and these will only work with the VP9PhysMod5.exe)
There are some older version VP9 tables that will only work with the older VP9 exe's, but those old versions I am sure have new VP9.95 matching table versions. So you would only run these if you didnt want to use the newer VP9.95 version table.

If you have VP10.7 installed, it will play all older version VPX tables. So no need to seperate any VPX tables.
I would keep VP8 and under tables in their own folder.
And VP9 tables in their own folder. There are Cabinet and Desktop versions, so you would want those seperated of course.
(There are PhysMod5 version tables or PM5, and these will only work with the VP9PhysMod5.exe)
There are some older version VP9 tables that will only work with the older VP9 exe's, but those old versions I am sure have new VP9.95 matching table versions. So you would only run these if you didnt want to use the newer VP9.95 version table.
Well thanks 😊 I use POV rotation from cabinet convert desktop pin. What drive me crazy is VPM that it show missing 1 but details resumption or no dump especially colorized set so I went get gamecode and other site patches. Thank you for being helpful

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back