what are the best games for the wii

bha19

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Any suggestions on good wii games. I might be interested in sports and brain games, but other suggestions are fine as well. My wii has not come yet, but it also includes the wii fit, so what are the best games on the wii fit disk. Also does anybody like madden 09, tiger woods 09, and wii music. Thanks in advance for the advice.

bha19

personally I'm lazy as shit so will never buy something that makes me get up and do calisthenics (used to be catholic but gave it up due to all those knee bends that they make you do in church!) that's why i have a ps2 and xbox 360 and a computer! the most exercise I do is thumb-mashing (which gets pretty hectic at times). honestly I have irreversible nerve damage all along my spine so can't even play guitar hero (rotater cuff damage in both shoulders doesn't help, either) anyhow...
I hear that the tennis game and bowling games are great! it really depends on how old you are, do you play with others or by yourself, I tried the bowling in stores and it's fun, just something I can't do more than 10 minutes without pain but it DOES keep a healthy person limber, baseball comes to mind too...

actually faralos, I have found that with practice, you can play any of the wii games from the lounge, as it is all in the wrist... Some I find more fun standing, and some now offer more traditional control modes.

PANGYA - GOLF WITH STYLE does this - and I reccommend it. Its a verry anime golf game with some curious ellements such as "pimping" your characters, but it IS an excellent golf simulation - I think better than tiger's. If you can get past its funny ellements, like the additional club sets you can buy made from things like household objects, this is a really good game.

BLEACH - THE SHATTERED BLADE is good - the story mode seems short at first, till you realise it is replayed differently with each character. And I love a good bit of sword fighting. Hence this is one I prefer to play standing.

I still enjoy RED STEEL - a first person shooter where you play an american taking down the japanese yakuza to save your girlfriend. It has guns and sword fighting (with katanas) and a nice feel to the gameplay.

I have around thirty games, and will often play one for a while then stop, but the three above I allways come back to.

I bought FACEBREAKER (a kickboxing game) recently, and its not bad, but I haven't played it enough to accurately judge its longevity - it seems to end up just another fighting game.

Oddly enough, I just read this article on how most games for the Wii suck.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28921527/

The rule of thumb pretty much is stick with the games actually made by Nintendo (The Zelda game, the Mario game that got great ratings, Mario Kart), and avoid just about everything else.
I remember that the first Tiger Woods game for the Wii got dinged for having an incredibly touchy and difficult "swing" system using the Wiimote... don't know if they improved it for 09. I heard the Madden game for the Wii is more "arcade" than the hyper-realism of the Madden games for the other systems, so keep that in mind.

The twat that wrote that review is an idiot listening to other idiots who obviously haven't tried most of the games available.

Sorry, but it is patently obvious that those reviews (on a MS affiliate website) are simply dissing something they haven't really tried.

The sales figures speak for themselves, and so do the ratings - in japan Nintendo scores 26 of the top 30 spots for 2008! and the long standing problem with games makers cheating and porting old ps2 games is probably to blame for any false impressions about failure. That said, the wii is lightyears ahead in many respects. I wouldn't buy a PS3 OR an xbox 360, yet I bought a wii. why? because it actually does things my PC can't. that is all. And that is its victory over the other trash we have available.

The twat that wrote that review is an idiot listening to other idiots who obviously haven't tried most of the games available.

Sorry, but it is patently obvious that those reviews (on a MS affiliate website) are simply dissing something they haven't really tried.

The sales figures speak for themselves, and so do the ratings - in japan Nintendo scores 26 of the top 30 spots for 2008! and the long standing problem with games makers cheating and porting old ps2 games is probably to blame for any false impressions about failure. That said, the wii is lightyears ahead in many respects. I wouldn't buy a PS3 OR an xbox 360, yet I bought a wii. why? because it actually does things my PC can't. that is all. And that is its victory over the other trash we have available.

I'll admit, I don't usually go to MSNBC for my gaming news, but that's the third such article I've read in the last week about the pretty poor third-party support for the Wii.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752
Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan. When they do it right (mario Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes) the Wii is spot-on. The thing is, so many companies expected the Wii to fall flat on its face and spent little to no time developing games to take advantage of the Wii's unique abilities. So what did they do? Made cursory ports of games for other systems, or rushed out crap as fast as they could to make a buck. Considering the approximately three-year window of developing a video game, third-party companies are pretty much just now catching on to the system. It still has a long way to go. When some company manages to create a great FPS that really takes advantage of the Wii's controls, that's when it will have arrived.

I'll admit, I don't usually go to MSNBC for my gaming news, but that's the third such article I've read in the last week about the pretty poor third-party support for the Wii.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/is-the-wii-failing-to-meet-its-potential-/1281752
Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan. When they do it right (mario Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes) the Wii is spot-on. The thing is, so many companies expected the Wii to fall flat on its face and spent little to no time developing games to take advantage of the Wii's unique abilities. So what did they do? Made cursory ports of games for other systems, or rushed out crap as fast as they could to make a buck. Considering the approximately three-year window of developing a video game, third-party companies are pretty much just now catching on to the system. It still has a long way to go. When some company manages to create a great FPS that really takes advantage of the Wii's controls, that's when it will have arrived.

Agreed.

but you shouldn't trash the other systems

just 'cause you don't like 'em is no reason to trash Sony or microsoft! I don't have a wii and never will (it's VERY family-oriented) but I don't bad-mouth it either. like the wii will never have a resident evil type game but the ones they do good with will be all-time faves! they DO bring people together possibly more so because of the way you must use the controllers, especially at parties! (much like my N64 used to do with mario kart). I won't go as far as to say that ALL their games are g-rated, butthey play up to their kid base more so than the other systems which are more for the mature (adult) player. but who were video games originally created for in the first place? back in the 80's so many people poo-pooed the Atari 2600, saying "it is just a kiddie game it'll never catch on!" Now look at what happened! our entire culture has changed due to video games! Movies, commercials, toys, clothes (the tony hawk series runs rampant thru all of these genres) music, books, all because of "that kiddie system" if not for the Tony hawk game(s) skateboarding would never have become what it is today (X games rule!) and Shawn White would be a relative unknown (just another punk kid sliding down a mountain) so i say LIVE ON all video game systems you changed our world! and will continue to do so!! and a bigsalute to all you gamers out there:salut:

PS3 for me...my son has a 360...my kids are 13 and 16 and we had a Wii, but it just collected dust so we traded ours in....not enough hardcore games to keep us interested, just a bunch of kiddie games really.and I personally hated wagging that remote thing around...the other systems have so much more power and more to offer for older kids and adults. Just my opinion...if I had the money the PC would be my gaming rig, but I can't afford $2000.00 and then to upgrade it every 6months to a year to keep up with the games! :)

the wii allready has 2 resident evil titles.

really? I'm mildly shocked that they would sell mature games for the wii. well that's a good thing as it lets kids(and parents) see the darker side of video games. I always was for cross gaming, where one co. will have the game and let their rival(s) use the franchise also! I just wish Nintendo would let Sony use the Zelda series, imagine Zelda on a PS3! of course most of our games here (for the xbox) revolve around sporsts themes anyway (TW 09, nascar, grid, burnout revenge, Madden, etc) I am into those dark games (resident evil, tomb raider) but now that I have VP I haven't touched my PS2 in months! my buddy's all over his xbox, though esp. online!

I have a 360, myself, but a couple of friends have the Wii system. I DO find that a few too many of the games are just minigame collections, but there is some good stuff out for it. Boom Blox is a surprisingly fun little puzzle game...there's a Wii version of World of Goo which is quite well done, too. Star Wars : Force Unleashed wasn't a spectacular game, but I enjoyed the Wii version of it a lot more than the 360 one simply because of the interactivity. Super Mario Galaxy's a lot of fun. Elebits isn't bad, either.

If you're into bowling, I have found Brunswick Pro Bowling to be the best of the offerings of that genre out there.

As far as Madden Wii goes, I guess they had to "dumb down" the game a bit for their "all-play" theme.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back