What music are you listening to?

The "General chit-chat" chatroom says it allows unregistered users, and still lets people pose the chatbot questions which it can't (or refuses to) answer?

Well I finally got synced to this. Jon said the WRFZ 106.3 FM show was at 10 pm EDT. Since I live in CDT, I figured it would be an hour later but for some reason it started at 10 pm my time.

Some cool Pink Floyd playing right now that I have not heard before.

Wow, the sites db just went awol for awhile, think it's back!

Whew!
I was worried!
Tried contacting GeorgeH over at VPForums, but his messages are full!
Clear your messages @GeorgeH ! lol

Whew!
I was worried!
Tried contacting GeorgeH over at VPForums, but his messages are full!
Clear your messages @GeorgeH ! lol

Messages cleared. The site didn't give me any warning

Thanks, Cousin Nubbin!
Haven't heard the show for a few weeks, so I'm listening to the replay right now, this fine, rainy mornin'.

Man, I really dug that lead-in song by Mssr Charles Brown, who I think I've heard before on Jonny Meister's sweet, sweet blues show back in Philly (WXPN).

Funny, but it seems like there've been a lot of real-life Charles Browns in music through the years, but this cat was playing right up until he passed in 1999. What a boss.

Here he is a scant three years earlier at ~73yo, lookin' in the pink of health, happiness, and jammin' out, doing something he loved. <3

CharlesBrown1996.jpg

EDIT: Oh and man, what an awesome reinterpretation of Black Hole Sun. It reminds me of one of my favorite music projects, Postmodern Jukebox, in which they reimagine popular songs in completely different styles:

Well, I'm trying to learn some songs on the guitar by The Shadows and having lots of fun recreating some of those iconic echoes Hank came up with in Amplitube 5. OK, more time on setting up than playing because... it is fun... right? :D Also my right wrist can't take longer streaks of strumming anyway.

While doing that I finally started to listen to Shads discography starting with lesser known/forgotten/never heard before (by me) stuff and hey, look what I've found with Pinball on the name (the song is known by many I'm sure):

Nice live album from Yes. If you click on YouTube, the whole album is there:

I only have a few studio albums available from them :D
Last one I heard was the Mirror to the Sky which I highly recommend. Actually, hard to not recommend YES no matter what album, if you ask me.

1712340204162.png

I thought I had all the studio recordings but found I am missing a few:

(Re)Union - This is really a reissue of Union but reducing the tracks from 16 to 10. I don't think I need it.

Symphonic Music Of Yes - It is basically some of their old hits with The London Philharmonic Orchestra. I tend to prefer the original versions.

Fly From Here: Return Trip - It has a new track "Don't Take No for an Answer" but can live without it. I'll stick with the original.

For those of you that just want their best albums, I would recommend:

Fragile (which has Roundabout)
The Yes Album
Going for the One
90125 (Has a much different sound than their other albums but I like it.)

I consider "Talk" one of my favorites but it was not popular.

Last edited:
@GeorgeH
I blame OCD... I can't even think how much duplicates I have.
For some music I even have the mono versions as well :D

And now, for something completely different... The larch (tm).... (for theMonty fans out there :D )

Ghost in The Shell: Innocence O.S.T. - Kugutsuuta ura mite chiru

I thought I had all the studio recordings but found I am missing a few:

(Re)Union - This is really a reissue of Union but reducing the tracks from 16 to 10. I don't think I need it.

Symphonic Music Of Yes - It is basically some of their old hits with The London Philharmonic Orchestra. I tend to prefer the original versions.

Fly From Here: Return Trip - It has a new track "Don't Take No for an Answer" but can live without it. I'll stick with the original.

For those of you that just want their best albums, I would recommend:

Fragile (which has Roundabout)
The Yes Album
Going for the One
90125 (Has a much different sound than their other albums but I like it.)

I consider "Talk" one of my favorites but it was not popular.
For me, and only for me, Relayer is the best one, Fragile second, and after I don't care

Obviouly Television - Marquee Moon
The record is better...

Maybe posted but Al Jarreau Marcus Miller You Don't See Me Live 1994

There's something in the 80s music mixes that is different and better if I compare to any album today.
I'm pretty sure it's the stereo separation to give a listening stage whereas today's crap is like "everything, everywhere, all the time" kind of thing in the loudest way possible.
Marquee Moon above is a great example, if you ask me. I just listened to it in my monitors, home cinema and even my BT headphones... it just sounds good everywhere; well not the YT version, I meant the the vinyl rip I have here.

Ok, last one for today comes from The Artist Formerly Known as Prince when was actually called Prince :D

Marquee Moon above is a great example, if you ask me. I just listened to it in my monitors, home cinema and even my BT headphones... it just sounds good everywhere; well not the YT version, I meant the the vinyl rip I have here.
The record is just killer

I just happened across a playlist on youtube someone created called Gary Numan Greatest Hits. Of course, the list includes "Cars" but there are quite a few songs that are also worth giving a listen like this one:

This is one album I played alot as a teenager.
Quite possibly the best album ever made!
It also came out the same year I was born! (1971, damn I am getting old!)

On that - let's see what Rolling stone has to say and try to listen to them starting at #1

Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time (2003)

Attachments

• Rolling.Stone.500.Greatest.Albums.of.All.Time.pdf
    31.4 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to listen, Culture Bubbles at

wayofm.org

9-10 EDT... this week's playlist:

01-01 Gnarbot - Origin 09 - Origin (2021)
01-02 El Ten Eleven - Transitions 03 - Yellow Bridges (2012)
01-03 Caldera - Dreamer 02 - Rain Forest (1979)
01-04 Bomba Estereo - Elegencia Tropical 11 - Pa'Respirar (2013)
01-05 Jackie Leven - For Peace Comes Dropping Slow 01 - Jesus Bodybuilder Blues & Cocaine Blues & Cannot Keep From Crying (1998)
01-06 Hidria Spacefolk - Symetria 06 - Sine (2007)
01-07 Regina Spektor - Papa's Bootlegs 09 - Rejazz
01-08 Irish Coffee - Irish Coffee 02 - The Beginning Or The End (1971)

10PM-12AMEDT radio show from @Free Bally! at https://listen.rochesterfreeradio.com/live.mp3
Playlist

Ep 102 – should​

gts102 “should”​

All greats, shoulda been played earlier, but most aren’t a close fit to a category.
01-01 Margaret Whiting & Paul Weston Orchestra – Capitol 214 – It Might As Well Be Spring (1945)
01-02 Regina Spektor – Begin To Hope 09 – That Time (2006)
— great tune from her breakout album, never gets played on air because of one little word
01-03 Hot Chocolate – Hot Chocolate 105 – You Sexy Thing (1975)
— actually a 2-Hit Wonder band
01-04 The Babys – Broken Heart 103 – Isn’t It Time (1977)
— anthem rock!
01-05 Fugees – Ruffhouse Records 663066 03 – Fu-Gee-La (Refugee Camp Global Mix) (1995)
— snips of this often pop into my head
02-01 War – All Day Music 202 – Slippin’ Into Darkness (1971)
— would have been a good candidate for an eclipse show, if there had been any eclipse to talk about
02-02 Siena Root – Pioneers 08 – In My Kitchen (2014)
— cookin’ something hot
02-03 Sublime – Sublime 07 – Seed (1996)
— some day will do a show all Sublime. It will be epic.
03-01 Norma Tanega – Walkin’ My Cat Named Dog 02 – Treat Me Right (1966)
— title track of the album made the most waves on radio but whole thing is good. She got famous singing her songs to campers at a Poconos summer camp
03-02 The Beatles & Yoko Ono – jam
— this is why the Beatles broke up
03-03 Linda McCartney & Wings – Hey Jude
— but who’s throwing stones?
03-04 Catatonia – International Velvet 10 – Don’t Need The Sunshine (1998)
— one of those albums with no bad tunes
04-01 Glenn Miller – Victor 1529 – Rhapsody In Blue (1943)
— Miller used this as his “theme song” for years
04-02 Immortal Technique – The Silenced Revolution 03 – Caught In A Hustle (2004)
— state of the art of American poetry at the time. This guy shoved Lin Manuel Miranda in a garbage can in high school in Brooklyn. Then tried to apologize decades later, and Miranda refused to accept the apology. Composer of Hamilton holds a grudge!
04-03 ensemble – LEGO Movie 2 OST 07 – Everything’s Not Awesome (2019)
— as listed, here are the participants of the song: Stephanie Beatriz, Will Arnett, Ben Schwartz, Alison Brie, Noel Fielding, Charlie Day, Nick Offerman, Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pratt, Richard Ayoade
04-04 Nina Simone – ‘Nuff Said! 203 – Ain’t Got No, I Got Life (1968)
— blacklisted from the music industry, here a badge of honor
04-05 Motörhead – Motörhead (2014 reissue) 403 – Instro (1977)
— on the double-LP reissue full of oddities and rarities
04-06 New Vaudeville Band – Winchester Cathedral 101 – Winchester Cathedral (1966)
— so odd it works
05-01 Frank Zappa – One Size Fits All 104 – Po-Jama People (1975)
— warning about people who Go To Sleep mad
05-02 Buzz Clifford – Columbia 4-41876 – Baby Sittin’ Boogie (1960)
— have to play it now, don’t plan any future shows about babies
05-03 Atila – Reviure 02 – Somni ”Sueno” (1978)
— translates to “sleep”, but not a restful tune
06-01 April Smith & The Great Picture Show – Songs For A Sinking Ship 06 – Colors (2010)
— good enough to win a song competetion, but they had to give theh award back
06-02 Aztec Camera – Knife 07 – Birth Of The True (1992)
— can sing this one by heart
06-03 Cat Stevens – Teaser & The Firecat 205 – Peace Train (1971)
— missed the cut on a “train” show, can’t let it roll by without a listen
06-04 Anthony Phillips – The Geese And The Ghost 14 – Sleepfall, The Geese Fly West (1977)
— used for a 30-second promo on WRFZ, which still airs now and then
06-05 Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues 203 – Helplessness Blues (2011)
— superb 3rd-wave folkrock

Chatting with the DJ and asking the ChatGPT bot questions.:rasta:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: chricky68 has left the room.
      Back