No permission to download
Solid State Machines

destruk

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Screenshots here:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?attachments/16-9-wipe-out_m3c-jpg.8835/

Desktop version:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/wipe-out.3295/

Fullscreen version:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/wipe-out.2719/

It's in the downloads section now. Thanks to TAB for the graphics work, Cameron for the pictures of the real machine. The Slalom slope doesn't visibly move yet but it does impact the ball when moving. Also during specific modes the slalom is controlled by the flippers. If anyone can find a way to visibly animate it, let me know. Also, if you find better flipper settings please say so. :)

Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
IPDB says rom unavailable :awaken:

Thanks guys great job! :)

Thanks Destruk and Tab just got done playing it and it looks beautiful. Nice and sharp just like a real pinball machine should look. Dave P.

Awesome! I've been waiting for this one. :)

Thanks!

Oh wow, I actually missed this thread due to the massive activity of these forums.

Looks sweet, will try it out as soon as I can (which can be in about a week).

The McD

Running into a few glitches!

First off, I like to say that the table is running very smooth. Very nice!

I'm running into a few glitches though.

The biggest one is that the (pop) bumpers aren't working.

Small minor problems, not including the moving Slalom slope of course.
- The six lights on the Slalom slope are hard to see when light. For a while, I thought they weren't working.
- Ski lift is going a little too fast. It's livable though!
- It appears that the sensor near the Slalom gate isn't working. Read below!

When the ball reaches to the Slalom gate, the ski lift suppose to deactivate. It feels like the ski lift is running on a timer here and that can cause a nasty glitch. I already ran into the glitch three times.

The game sometimes will lose track of the ball, when you shot the second ball into the ski lift too soon after the first ball. As soon as the first ball hits the gate, the ski lift should deactivate and the second ball either remains at the bottom of the ski lift or on it. In the real machine, the Slalom gate can only handle one ball at a time.

First off, I like to say that the table is running very smooth. Very nice!

I'm running into a few glitches though.

The biggest one is that the (pop) bumpers aren't working.

Small minor problems, not including the moving Slalom slope of course.
- The six lights on the Slalom slope are hard to see when light. For a while, I thought they weren't working.
- Ski lift is going a little too fast. It's livable though!
- It appears that the sensor near the Slalom gate isn't working. Read below!

When the ball reaches to the Slalom gate, the ski lift suppose to deactivate. It feels like the ski lift is running on a timer here and that can cause a nasty glitch. I already ran into the glitch three times.

The game sometimes will lose track of the ball, when you shot the second ball into the ski lift too soon after the first ball. As soon as the first ball hits the gate, the ski lift should deactivate and the second ball either remains at the bottom of the ski lift or on it. In the real machine, the Slalom gate can only handle one ball at a time.
Also tilting the game can move the ball out place on the Slalom gate and mess the game up.

Thanks Shogun - I should have the ski lift sorted out now.

Thanks for the update destruk, I edited the screenshot and download links in this thread.

:salut:

Thanks for update.The table
looks great.D'loading it
right now. :thumleft:

Thank you for the update guys plays great! :)

No problem! I'm noticing a few other things, but I'll pay this version first before giving feedback.

It can be a double edged sword playing the real machine over a thousand times. I'm getting one heck of a thrill with the VPM table, but I can point out every little flaw. :pirat:

No problem! I'm noticing a few other things, but I'll pay this version first before giving feedback.

OK I'm back from playing the update. Much better! Again, I ran into a couple more glitches and a few minor ones.

Major glitches:
  • About 30% of the time the snow boarding ramp (under the slalom slope) isn't working properly. Some times the ball will shot off from the ramp, through the orbiter and get stuck underneath the ski lift. It appears that there is a gap somewhere in between the invisible walls on the ramp. I'm not sure where it's exactly at because the slalom slope is in the way.
  • At the "MUL" drop down targets. Once targets are down, there is a small gap next to the L target. It's big enough for the ball to get through. It'll get stuck in between the targets and "Rip the Crude" chute. The good news is that it will fall out on it's own, but still annoying.

Minor glitches: These are just some noticeable differences from the actual machine.
  • The dog target (the U target of MOGUL), should be a lane. In the real machine, there's no way to access the bumpers from there. Mainly, because that's where one of the metal supports for the chute (tunnel) is at.
  • The Panic Button sensor is a little off. It's a little to far over to the left. Hitting it dead center will not trigger it.
  • What's going on with the pit? The ball just disappears and reappears on the chute.
  • A small art glitch and it can be left like the way it is. On the left in lane, where it says "Light Bonus Hold". It should just say "Bonus Hold", since the little graphic right above it (in red and yellow) already says "Light".

Last edited:
Nice Job! I cant wait to boot it up and give it a go. Maybe Tonight.....

Mark

More data for the Table Info.

Here's some more data for the Table Info section. Feel free to modify this information anyway you please. :)

Key:
Rip The Crude = RTC
Snow Boarding Ramp = SBR
Ski Lift Lane = SLL

S.K.I.E.R.S Bonus: Hit the "B.O.W.L." targets near the SLL to spot a letter. Once spelled out, the SKIERS Bonus mode will activate. In this mode, there are five flashing lanes (RTC, SBR, SLL, the pit and U target) worth 20 million each (100 million in all).

Extra Balls: There are three ways to get an extra ball. The most easiest way is to just buy one at the end of the game. The other two ways is quickly hitting the Panic Button four times or hitting the "Never Ever Target" (NET) when lit. I can't remember how to get the NET target on to lit. I did it a couple of times on the real machine, but I can't replicate it in the emulation.

Bonus Multiplier: To increase you bonus, just collect the three diamonds by shooting the RTC ramp, the SLL and the SBR. The course bonus light will let you know how much you got. Green Circle = 5 mil, Blue Square = 15 mil, Single Diamond = 30 mil and Double Diamond = 60 mil.

Dog POPS Bonus: Hit the bumpers to build up your dog bonus. Light the "Collect Dog Bonus" by having the ball land in the right inlane and collect the actual bonus by shooting the "U" target.

Bonus Hold: Light it up by having the ball land in the left inlane and collect by shooting the RTC ramp.

Ball Rescue Outlanes: Lock a ball in the ski lift and one of the outlanes will light up (Slalom Release). The light will revert between the two outlanes if the bumpers near the flippers get hit.

By the pit, you mean the upkicker on the right? It registers the shot, holds down the switch, the game fires the solenoid to make it release the switch and the ball is released on the ramp. Making a true Z axis kick of the ball in a multiball table is difficult - I did that with my Ripleys and Lord of the Rings - and using a bunch of kickers to manually animate it looks stupid IMO, so I left it easy.

The panic button target is two parts - sw33 and sw23 - sw23 is in the dead center of the target, so perhaps it needs to be larger. I'm leaving it like it is in the table for now. I did modify wall136 so it blocks the gap when the target is down. I added higher walls for the snowboard ramp and reconnected all the ramps so they're as smooth as I can make them now. I added the rubber divider for the pop bumpers/U lane and added your extra rules text to the table info.

I'll ask TAB about fixing the graphic text for the left inlane insert. Thanks for the feedback. :) I'll upload 1.2 now.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: GotBrawndo is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back