Diner (Williams, 1990) VP8

VP8 Williams SS Recreation WMS 'Diner' 1990 cyBORG released v0.83L

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

cyBORG

KWIALF
Reaction score
Ok, I have released this table and it is in the downloads section of the site. Thanks pinballnirvana!

I forgot to do my announcement over here for the release. Woops!

-cyBORG

And you deserve a thanks over here for a wonderful version of Diner!

great version. In the arcades, back in the day, Diner never thrilled me. But I just popped on high score on your version, and it sure as hell wasn't on the first game. So, it took me alot of tries that's a good thing, and it's earned a place in my permanent table folder. Congrats on a great table!! Have a great whatever it is you celebrate!

Love the table. I had a LOT of fun with this arcade pinball machine and spent a lot of money on it (maybe I should have saved up and bought the freakin' machine :D) The flipper shots are consistent which is critical for playing this game. Well done! I need to offer some constructive criticism on this table, the plunger is (in my opinion only) a little too weak to accurately hit the skill shot (which timing is everything) and wanted to know if you can release a version where the flipper rubber elasticity is .25, I am probably the only one, as far as I know, that doesn't like the bouncy .45 setting as I lose a bit of control that Williams is famous for in their flippers.

Thanks for your comment. I will probably make the plunger stronger in future releases; but from my comparisons between the VP version and my real Diner machine I am guessing I will probably not change the flipper elasticity too much if at all. New red flipper rubber has a good amount of bounce to it in real life and I do not want to make the flippers feel too dead; in terms of bounce. I will consider it after comparing the two but I cannot guarantee a change. If anything I may extend the angle of swing that the flippers have to more accurately reflect the smaller coilstops for the system 11 games.

Cheers, and don't forget to thank Proginosokes for vptextractor.vpt :-)

No worries on the flipper part, as I said in a previous post, I may be alone in my opinion on the flipper elasticity (me being a "control freak") and can understand the appeal of the new flipper rubber feel. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back