ZBRRampHeight???

polygame

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
afm
Hello all,

I donwloaded a couple of table yesterday. Mostly from nitronimbus.
They all feature the same bug apparently on line 159 ZBRRampheight not defined.

There is a script folder in all of these table, should I put it somewhere???

Any Clue?

Hi Polygame,
Mate this info is posted with every table, cheers!
THIS TABLE MAY NOT WORK WITHOUT THE LATEST VERSION OF BAM
Scripts Folder needs to be placed in the Future Pinball Folder not the BAM folder.

...Scripts Folder needs to be placed in the Future Pinball Folder not the BAM folder.

This has always been a point of confusion. I have a copy of vbs files saved to this folder:

C:\Games\Future Pinball\Scripts

However when I post a table with the rolling balls sounds, I just copy and paste the content of the vbs into the right place in the script. That way no one can get confused.

This has always been a point of confusion

are we talking about the rolling balls sounds of smoke? but if the "vbs" file creates this confusion, but why doesn't it insert directly into the script, I ask and say !!!! how do i do it at my tables?

it would be a solution to avoid further confusion

Last edited:
are we talking about the rolling balls sounds of smoke? but if the "vbs" file creates this confusion, but why doesn't it insert directly into the script, I ask and say !!!! how do i do it at my tables?

it would be a solution to avoid further confusion

Yes I was talking about Smoke's rolling ball sounds.

End users always seem to save the vbs file in the wrong location. Even when you tell them where to save it, they still don'w seem to get it for some reason.

It is easy to add the vbs file to the script. In order to make FP read the vbs file, you have to add this line of code somewhere into the script:

ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs")

It is easy to insert the vbs file instead. Open the vbs file with "Notepad" which is included with all versions of Windows. Select all the text in the file and then select Copy. Instead of saving the above line of code to the script, paste the vbs code in the same location into the script where you would normally insert the code above.

That is all. If you want an example, I did this on "Tales of the Arabian Nights".

End users always seem to save the vbs file in the wrong location. Even when you tell them where to save it, they still don'w seem to get it for some reason.

yes of course I understand what you mean, but I said, to copy all the vbs file, in the script, as I do for my tables, so in this way, it is not necessary to have or use the vbs file.... so there is no problem for end users, I made this guide for this reason

Yes, you can add that smoke vbs code to a table directly and not need the vbs. Gimli has done it... I think George might have... and I did it for Star Wars DSA Epic Space Battles (as an example to look at)... and I also added it to my PinEvent vbs files, so you won't need it for my PinEvent updates.

That said.... even if the file was copied correctly... depending on the computer and how Windows is setup or restricted (latest update from Defender have caused some problems when its enabled).... the user may need to run FPLoadere.exe as admin to allow the vbs to work correctly.... otherwise they will get the error Steve is talking about. I know because I deal with this on my PinEvent tables as well with many users.

Also.. many people tend to put vbs files in "Script" folder instead on "Scripts" :)

Yes, you can add that smoke vbs code to a table directly and not need the vbs. Gimli has done it... I think George might have... and I did it for Star Wars DSA Epic Space Battles (as an example to look at)... and I also added it to my PinEvent vbs files, so you won't need it for my PinEvent updates.

That said.... even if the file was copied correctly... depending on the computer and how Windows is setup or restricted (latest update from Defender have caused some problems when its enabled).... the user may need to run FPLoadere.exe as admin to allow the vbs to work correctly.... otherwise they will get the error Steve is talking about. I know because I deal with this on my PinEvent tables as well with many users.

Also.. many people tend to put vbs files in "Script" folder instead on "Scripts" :)

I think you have to run FPLoadere.exe as admin to make anything work. (As far as I know anyway. It has been quite a few years since I haven't run it as admin)).

You "can" run FPLoader.exe not as admin... but your PC needs to be setup without any restrictions to avoid possible problems.

Cabinet players tend to do this anyway since their PC is not their daily PC so they don't care about the many extra layers of protection Windows 10 adds.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back