Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) Sound MOD

VPX Bally SS Recreation Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) Sound MOD v2.1 VPX7.2

No permission to download
Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) Sound Mod v2.1 VPX7.2 required
IPD No. 874

I first would like to thank Rothbauerw for giving me permission to make this sound mod. I would also like to thank him for making a great table!! I also would like to thank everyone who contributed to this table including, Cyberpez, WRD1972, Sinbad, Scapino, Flupper, and the Devs that make this all possible!!
They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!
Original Table...

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script.

I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
(They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)

I also would like to thank Scottacus for adding TILT sound effect script!!
(I have always had trouble trying to add sound effect to light. BIG THANKS!!)

I also would like to thank Steve "Slydog43" for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

Version 2.1
Converted all pics to WebP format to reduce overall size of table.(VPX7.2 Required)
Converted Wav files in sound manager to ogg format which reduces file size.
Found a double Timer Sub, so renamed my Timer Sub from dt01 to dta.
File size went from 92.1 MB's to 31.9 MB's!!!

Version 2.0
Added modified version of JPSalas LUT Script.
Toggle LUT's with the Buy-In Key. (2 Key)
Moved Plunger activated sounds to Plunger Lane Trigger.
Added Instruction Card.
Instruction Card Pic uploaded with permission of Inkochnito. (Huge thanks!!)
Find all your Pinball Card needs at Inkochnito's Pinball Cards site:

Version 1.3 (Released on 10-10-2017 at VPinball, VPUniverse and VPForums)
Changed sounds to be played through Backglass per Vogliadicanes info.
Removed sound effect "Rescue Friends and save Earth" from drain event.

Rothbauerw sent me updated table to use for this sound mod!! BIG THANKS!!
"Here’s the latest version, there were a couple of small mapping issues fixed in this version that are not in the most recent released version."

I added 43 sound effects including voice and background music.(Also changed original music Snippet.)

Hope you like it!!

Flash Gordon (Bally 1981) Sound Mod v2.0b.PNG
Flash Gordon (Bally 1981) Sound Mod v2.0a.PNG
ROM------------------>
Reactions: gregorio zourikian

Latest updates

1. Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981) Sound MOD

Version 2.1 Converted all pics to WebP format to reduce overall size of table.(VPX7.2 Required)...

Latest reviews

Thank you for the hard work! I always loved the Sound Mod on this table. However, I did notice that the table you are using is sort of "low-res" in comparison to Rothbauerw's 2022 version. The graphics are blurred and its missing that crispness from the earlier table. I compared the code and they are completely different tables. Is there any chance of adding the sound mod to that table instead? Thank you again, and its not a critique, its an observation. Appreciate all you guys!
Upvote 0
Flash...Aaa aaaa! Awesome sound mod. This sound mod was sorely needed. So much more fun with the sound bits and the music added. Excellent upgrade!
Upvote 0
appreciate this SOUND mod!!!
Upvote 1
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back