Monster Bash (Williams, 1998) MOD

Williams SS Recreation BAM FP Monster Bash (Williams, 1998) MOD v0.96

No permission to download
by flug, GeorgeH, Gimli, Gin, Glxb, krokofant, lettuce, moogster66, polygame, shvmr, Whitey Weismann, WiredWorm, wtiger
at 2019-11-25
Type Recreation (real pinball)
Manufacturer Williams Electronic Games, Incorporated, a subsidiary of WMS Ind., Incorporated (1985-1999)
Tradename Williams
Date 1998-07
IPD No. 4441

Description
NOTE: DJlunchbox created a video that shows the color DMD ina action. He used the default landscape version of the table loading texture. There is a portrait shaped texture that will not be squeezed. There are instructions on how to change it in the pdf file that is included in the download. (update 12/9/19)

NOTE: This table uses Dynamic Flippers, Lighting and Shadow Maps that require use of BAM v1.4-267 (or later) to be installed which was released on November 9, 2019. It is very easy to upgrade. You can download the most current version at the following link. This installation file installs Future Pinball and BAM at the same time. If you have either Future Pinball or BAM already installed, you can still run it and it will bring everything up to date.

This table presents the first ever Future Pinball table to have Dot Matrix Displays (DMDs) in full color. I must say it really enhances the game play. I just love the "It's Alive" sequence at the start of Frankenstein's multiball. You can see some of the DMD frames in the upper left corner of the screen shots on the "Images" tab. Gimli and I started with a beta version of the table that the master table builder, Steve Paradis (Polygame), initially created 11 years ago and we went from there. Gimli added a tremendous amount of script and added the color DMDs. I added custom physics with dynamic flippers, lighting (using some new features added to BAM) and reworked many of the textures among other things. The table has playfield shadows using one of BAM's new features. The shadows of the ball and flippers can be changed by the user also.

A huge feature was to add true multiplayer that Flug developed and it was debugged by Gimli. Most end users don't realize the tremendous amount of work required to implement this. Every game mode requires coding to keep the score separate and retain progress for each player.

The development of the table started 11 years ago. This is a list of the developers:

2008 Steve Paradis, GLXB, lettuce, moogster66

2010 WTiger, Shvmr

2013 WiredWorm

2015 Mark Koenig (krokofant)

2018 Gimli, GeorgeH, Gin, Whitey Weismann, Flug

There is a read me file included in the download that provides specific information about the table.

I added my version of the table for a single desktop widescreen monitor with the monitor rotated 90 degrees. Those of you that have pinball cabinets will probably prefer to use it because it displays the portrait texture on the loading screen and it starts with the HUD turned off. I didn't make any other changes to it from the desktop version.

There was so much added to this table I don't remember everything that was done or who did it. I thought that Creature from the Black Lagoon has a lot of code in the script at 10,000 lines but this table tops it at 14,000. The file we started with only had 3000 lines. With that much effort put into the table, it is understandable that Gimli got tired of working on it. You might notice that I posted the version number at 0.95 because it is not quite finished but it is very nearly done. It plays like it is finished. It does load rather slowly and may be problematic for those of you that have low end PCs. Maybe if you guys give Gimli some positive feedback, he might be encouraged enough to completely finish it.

I promise that this table is very special. A lot of work went into it. Maybe you will be able to add it to your system in time for your family to play at Thanksgiving. If not then, maybe Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving!

George

This table is a mod of :
Monster Bash 0.7beta
  • 177150.png
    177150.png
    4 MB · Views: 202
  • 177151.png
    177151.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 208
  • 177152.png
    177152.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 151
  • 177153.png
    177153.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 200
Author
GeorgeH
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from GeorgeH

Latest reviews

Excellent work., and gives an extra dimension with the allcolour display
GeorgeH
GeorgeH
Thank you! The color DMD is Gimli's creation. The method he used was very time consuming and complex. There is another method that LtJazz developed on CiRQuS VoLTaiRe. I used the same method on Doctor Who. You might want to check them out.
Upvote 0
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back