Player's Choice (Betco Products, Inc., 1945)

VPX Flipperless Recreation Player's Choice (Betco Products, Inc., 1945) v1.0

No permission to download
Player's Choice (Betco Products, Inc., 1945)
IPD No. 6997 (1966 version)

A tabletop trade simulator from 1945 which pretty much was a small pin machine. There is a 1966 version of this machine at IPDB but this is NOT that version; this is the original version. I know, I have a knack for finding quite rare tables and play field images for some reason! I guess that is a sort of "blessing" that has been given to me and I can pass this along to pre war pinball players who enjoy the older "flipperless" games as much as I do. :)

You'll realize that the 1966 version of this machine dispensed gumballs. The 1945 version of this machine was simply a basic pin machine. BIG DIFFERENCE. Also, both play fields have different layouts to the cards. Interesting.

Do your best to get the best 5 card poker hand. What looks to be a very simple game is NOT what you think. Using rubber bands for the sides to keep the balls in the proper area, you must use them to get the ball to enter the holes you desire along with plunging and nudging properly.

All holes are OPEN. All balls are live at ALL TIMES. BALLS DO GET STUCK AT THE BOTTOM but this does not effect game play; play all five balls then start a new game. Balls not in a hole do not count for a poker hand. If needed, nudge the ball with the Z, / or SPACE BAR to get the ball moving again and it will enter a hole to reset the game.

A unique feature of this machine is that when you lifted the balls to the plunger lane, all five balls were raised and lined up. Interesting to say the least.

Nudging and plunging are the key here. A TON of play testing went into this game. I wanted to get this one done for a LONG TIME. It turned out just about right. A TON of redrawing around each pip also had to be done to clean up the play field. NOT FUN.

INCLUDED IN THE ZIP FILE: The TXT rules, front label and the VPX6 file.

Have fun and HAPPY THANKSGIVING for 2023.

Enjoy.

PS: I have NO IDEA how this will look on a cab but for those who play on PC desktop you'll be quite satisfied.
  • Players Choice SCREENIE.jpg
    Players Choice SCREENIE.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 139
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: leestecher has left the room.
      Back