Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984)

Williams SS Recreation BAM FP Space Shuttle (Williams, 1984) 2022-01-17

No permission to download
Version 1.4

I made a few minor changes. The Bounce Control menu used the wrong screen on version 1.3 so I changed it. Popotte uses an AZERTY keyboard. When he pressed A to change the balls per game with the keyboard, he would open the BAM menu at the same time. BAM defaults to using Q to open the menu. On an AZERTY keyboard, the Q translates to A for some reason. So I changed the keyboard code to E to change the balls per game. I also made some minor changes on the rotated display version.

In case you forgot, the Special 2 key opens the menu.

George
Version 1.3

One of the guys noticed a problem on Version 1.2. The ball on this table was not visible though the windows on the plastics for the ball locks although the playfield was visible through them. I hadn't noticed it before and have to say it is one of the oddest things I have seen on FP. I found the problem was Tomasaco's custom models for the plastics. I fixed them by replacing Tomasaco's models of the two plastics with standard surfaces. I managed to make the standard surfaces look like Tomasaco's models so you won't miss them.

I decided to add some of the new features that are available now. I have always wanted to be able to open the menu system during a game. If you have played some of my previous table mods, you know that the menu fills the entire screen. Popotte was able to add some coding that pauses the ball movement when you open the menu and then resumes ball play when you close the menu. Thank you Popotte! The menu still opens using the Special 2 key but now you can press the same key to open it when a game is in play. It is really cool! Be aware that you need to be prepared to hit the flippers when you close the menu during a game. In order to avoid some possible fast flips when you close the menu, you may want to wait to open the menu when the ball is in the launch lane before you press the plunger key. That way the ball can't go anywhere when you close the menu. Be aware that it was necessary to remove the "Balls Per Game" option from the in-game menu. It would mess up your game if you try to change it during a game. You can only change "Balls Per Game" before you press the start game key.

On version 1.2, I was never really satisfied with the lighting of the model of the space shuttle. The version of BAM that added the spotlight feature came too late to add to this table. So I have added them now. I ended up adding spotlights to all the general illumination flashers because there was light spillage from them onto the space shuttle and messing up the shadows from the two spots intended to illuminate it.

A new feature was added on BAM Update v341 that is called ball shadows with ray casting. It is a dynamic type of ball shadow that changes as the ball travels past lights. I think it is a feature completely unique to Future Pinball. At the time of this writing, BAM Update v341 is the most current version of BAM. I added what is called fail safe coding that will turn the feature off if you have not upgraded to BAM 341. The feature is a little resource heavy. If you are having trouble with resources, there are directions in the script on how to disable it.

I added a mod from another BAM version to improve the performance of the spinner. I used Tomasaco's model for the spinner. It didn't seem too perform badly before the change but I do like it better with the change.

I developed a new flipper rotation speed chart for this table. It improves the characteristics of the flippers and you should be able to do tricks a little more easily.

Table Developers: Sepeteus, Tomasaco, Popotte, GeorgeH

List of Changes
  1. Changed plastics over the ball locks so the ball is visible through the window.
  2. Added 2 spotlight flashers that shine on the shuttle.
  3. Revised the rest of the general illumination flashers to use spotlights so they don't shine on the shuttle.
  4. Added a new flipper rotation speed chart to the XML.
  5. Added ball shadows using ray casting available on new BAM Update v340.
  6. Made the degree of bounce off flippers adjustable in-game.
  7. Added Paolo's sound for ball bouncing off flippers.
  8. Updated menu system to add items for adjusting degree of bounce off flippers and On/Off for sound of ball bouncing off flippers.
  9. Added spinner physics mod available on BAM Update v334
  10. Added in-game menu which pauses motion of ball when menu is open while game is in play.
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back