About my recent comments at VPF

The only reason the other sites don't get the traffic is because there's a lot of people who resist change. It's part of human nature. I'm actually surprised with all the downtimes that people aren't seeking out the other VP sites.

Hundreds of posts do not equal high quality information. Most threads/sections at VPF I don't even bother to look at any more because it's irrelevant. (Yes, I do read there as a guest.)

Hundreds of posts are relevant if you are trying to survive by donations.

VPO and Pinball Nirvanna are both private sites that specialize in the site owners area of choice for their own pleasure and fun and as far as I know don't accept donations. I consider this to be a huge contribution to the scene.

But seriously... 150 bucks a month to run shivasite is a waste of pinballer's money, IMO. At the present time, I think it would be nice if shiva could acquire VPF from AJ, but it seems they don't communicate, so that's probably out of the question. This all goes back to my original proposition of having a board of directors, who make decisions for the community with the communitys input, instead of a couple of site owners who don't pay for their sites and sometimes are absent for weeks or even months at a time.

This is really a strange community anyway, Randy's back working on the editor, but comes across as a robot with no human compassion or personal past history.

There's a lot of new blood at VPF and Visual Pinball is new and exciting to them, they know nothing about the communities past and that's a good thing.

Maybe that's because it's not really Randy. :evil: If he showed personality, it might give away his true identity. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

New blood at VPF, wonder if the removal of the approval had anything to do with that? :whistle:

Randy has been awfully chummy with Mitchell, anyone notice? So just maybe Mitchell is really PacDude who is really Black, who may just be Wrench, who I'm pretty sure is really tii. And DNA testing has proven that AJ is one of StevOz's cartoon characters, probably Betty Boop. Now, I'm just me, I don't have the energy to be anyone else, especially after dreaming up this stuff.

John

Bob, it's 150 bucks to run VPF, not shivaSite. BTW, VPF is a private site as well, as it generates revenue other than from the community.

If there was anyone who would be on AJ's list to buy the site, it wouldn't be me. I would be the last person on AJ's list, considering what he has done, or at least tried to do, and I prevented it from happening.

I was told someone else has offered to take over the server, but that was 5 weeks ago., So as much as I am glad for the community about that, it appears that it is not gonna go through. I have no idea why, maybe AJ feels there's some sort of value for VPF, personally, I feel it's worthless.

As to Randy showing up, who the hell cares. He's here now, that's all that matters. You guys were complaining when he wasn't around, now your complaining now that he is? geez guys, enjoy it while it lasts. He's never asked for anything in return for all of his work, and it's ungrateful to be demanding any kind of answer from someone that has done nothing but give, and never taken anything or asked for anything in return. Far as I am concerned, he is back, and I don't care what he did the last 2 years, he doesn't need to tell anyone if he doesn't want to.

shiva said:
Bob, it's 150 bucks to run VPF, not shivaSite. BTW, VPF is a private site as well, as it generates revenue other than from the community.

So VPF is a money making business?

If there was anyone who would be on AJ's list to buy the site, it wouldn't be me. I would be the last person on AJ's list, considering what he has done, or at least tried to do, and I prevented it from happening.

What has he done, what did he try to do and what did you do?

I was told someone else has offered to take over the server, but that was 5 weeks ago., So as much as I am glad for the community about that, it appears that it is not gonna go through. I have no idea why, maybe AJ feels there's some sort of value for VPF, personally, I feel it's worthless.

I don't think the community should be for sale, I also don't think VPF is worthless...

As to Randy showing up, who the hell cares. He's here now, that's all that matters. You guys were complaining when he wasn't around, now your complaining now that he is? geez guys, enjoy it while it lasts. He's never asked for anything in return for all of his work, and it's ungrateful to be demanding any kind of answer from someone that has done nothing but give, and never taken anything or asked for anything in return. Far as I am concerned, he is back, and I don't care what he did the last 2 years, he doesn't need to tell anyone if he doesn't want to.

I think everyone was complaining, not just "us" guys. I don't think we are complaining now... We are just wondering "out loud" why is he so robotic? I also don't think we are ungrateful, it's certainly not ungrateful to constantly thank someone who consistently never says "you're welcome" in return. Many of us would even like to send him a token monetary "thank you" I think most of us are extremely "thankful" for this software and are also "thankful" Randy is back and not so he can work on VP, but just to know that he's alive and well.

I agree with you that Randy's disappearance was a bit strange, but then, he always has been like that. I admit that I am very curious about why he hasn't been heard from for 2 years, but if he doesn't want to mention it, then he doesn't. Maybe a poor choice of words on my part, I really never should post after 3 days with my rather hyperactive 6 year old. Personal feelings aside about all this, what it boils down to is I am happier that he is back and alive and well, which is better than nothing.

VPF isn't the community, it's a website, and yes, there were at least a year ago other sites on the server, with nothing to do with pinball. That makes it a private site, and a private server. If your that curious, why don't you ask him?

I doubt AJ would answer the question. :) I am exercising self-control about the other thing I want to say...

I know the feeling about self control. :)

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't answer the question as well, but then, since it's his server and site, he doesn't have to either. I think the biggest problem though is (and not relating to my site or me) that he has allowed certain things to be believed that isn't actually true. He's never lied, but he hasn't said anything to correct the impression either.

Well, for what it's worth, he used to host two of my sites on that server at one time. I took them off shortly after I walked off the "job"... and they weren't entirely reliable or configurable then, either.

You're right that he won't, or at least hasn't answered any of the questions yet. And since he accepts donations, I feel he should offer some information. Especially after he said to ask questions or shut up, although he didn't use those exact words.

What I wanted to know, and feel I have a right to know, as a supporting member, is what other sites he has on that server. And if he accepts or at least asks for donations through those other sites. In other words, are those of us who donate to VPF helping to finance any other sites of his. No answer, which is no surprise.

John

shiva said:

My point exactly.
People bitch and whine when he went missing and the do the same when he returns.

As for AJ and VPF:
Contributions are on a VOLUNTARY BASIS!!!
If you do contribute does that give you the right to complain???
If you contribute to a charity organization does this give you the right to complain if said charity organization uses the money for food for the needy instead of clothing??

Leo, I can't understand why you feel you have the right or duty to sing AJ's praises but those of us who don't share your high opinion of him aren't supposed to be able to voice our opinions.

And since I know that AJ has at least one other site, I feel I'm within my rights as a contributing member of VPF to ask if any of the donations intended for VPF are being used to support any other sites he may have.

John

Well your wrong.
Contributions are VOLUNTARY.
This means it is up to AJ how this money is used.
If you don't like it then DON"T contribute.
Simple

Ever see that old tv show Mr. Wanker Knows Best? Me neither. :evil:

How odd that charities always send me a booklet on where my money goes when I donate. Someone needs to tell them they don't have to do that because I can always just NOT contribute if I think they might be misusing it. I hear a lot of Islamic charities got into trouble for where some of their money was actually going (guess where and to whom?) but I'm sure we all should just say, WHO CARES since we don't need to donate to anybody!

Hey, I got a new charity here called the PacDaddy Needs a Fix Fund and the money will go to a good cause! Really it will! You don't have to contribute, but PacDaddy needs a fix bad so please donate soon! :twisted:

who was talking to you Pacboy????
I thought we had an understanding?? I stay out of your face and you stay out of mine.
If you would like to resume hostilities I am quite willing to accommodate you.
If you donate to something that you suspect is misusing that donation then it's you who are the fool.

Hey, stop saying annoying things and I'll stop responding. "You are wrong" said to people who are only citing their opinions about VPF is just a bit inflammatory. They have every right to know what their donations are going to be used for, especially before they give it.

Pacdude said:
Hey, stop saying annoying things and I'll stop responding. "You are wrong" said to people who are only citing their opinions about VPF is just a bit inflammatory. They have every right to know what their donations are going to be used for, especially before they give it.

So what your saying is that I shouldn't post my opinions if they are ones that annoy you? :roll: Yeah right :roll:

Too resume hostilities step across this line Pacboy

Leo Wanker said:
Pacdude said:

So what your saying is that I shouldn't post my opinions if they are ones that annoy you? :roll: Yeah right :roll:

Too resume hostilities step across this line Pacboy

Well, since you feel you have the right to post your opinions, Mr Wanker, why do you object to anyone with a different opinion posting theirs. And no, AJ doesn't have the right to use money donated to VPF for any purpose other than VPF. The only way you'll ever be right is to change your username.

John

It's funny how you regard discussion as "resuming hostilities" Mr. Wanker. Your biggest problem is like John points out, you seem to have a hard time accepting other people's opinions on matters you disagree with. You apparently feel the need to step in and tell people it's none of their business where their money went or to shut up when they complain about the message board being down. I ask YOU how is THAT constructive? I see it as no more constructive than the original complaints. It adds nothing and raises the "ire" levels (as you put it) of other people. So what have you accomplished other than amusing yourself?

I have never said you or others weren't allowed to voice opinions.
I HAVE said that certain opinions are BS though.
Leo said:
Hey AJ.
Don't let the "pissin 'n' moaning i don't got a life outside of VP" crew get to you.
I among lots of others are VERY thankful for the forum you provide and I will always be thankful come hell or high water.
Nothing is perfect and that includes internet forums.

For those who can't seem to live unless they are able to login here.
get a life for christs sake

IMO: AJ RULEZ

We now return you to regular programing

My original post that wasn't even directed at anyone in particular. Nothing about anyone not being able to voice opinions.

Leo said:
Agreed.

You've been text edited in AJ's face and now you're having a go at Randy, Phoenixx1771.

Both have provided you with something good for FREE!!!!

Yet you STILL want more.(damn near demanding)

There is a word that describes this behaviour.....

GREEDY.

sorry for the OT.

My second post this time directed at Pheonixx. edited text is "pissin and moanin" which you took a swipe at BUT, no mention by me that Pheonixx couldn't voice his opinion just saying that his opinion is BS.
Once more get it straight John.

Pacdude said:
It's funny how you regard discussion as "resuming hostilities" Mr. Wanker. Your biggest problem is like John points out, you seem to have a hard time accepting other people's opinions on matters you disagree with. You apparently feel the need to step in and tell people it's none of their business where their money went or to shut up when they complain about the message board being down. I ask YOU how is THAT constructive? I see it as no more constructive than the original complaints. It adds nothing and raises the "ire" levels (as you put it) of other people. So what have you accomplished other than amusing yourself?

I can't see anywhere in the above or any other posts where I've used the words "shut up".
Where do you get this stuff?

As for "hostilities" Your reputation precedes you:
you & Nicky
you & Jive
you & Catalyst
you & cowboy
you & apocalypse
you & cobracure
You & me
you & Kid c
you & pincode
you & AJ
you & Black
yes even you & kristian
etc. etc. etc.
The list is more than I can remember.

Leo Wanker said:
Pacdude said:

I can't see anywhere in the above or any other posts where I've used the words "shut up".
Where do you get this stuff?

As for "hostilities" Your reputation precedes you:
you & Nicky
you & Jive
you & Catalyst
you & cowboy
you & apocalypse
you & cobracure
You & me
you & Kid c
etc. etc. etc.
The list is more than I can remember.

In my opinion, at least five of those on your list are hostile in their own rights, and even to some degree they bait people, trying to stir things up. Other than you, none of them post here much at all, or not at all, because while they can dish it out they can't take it as well as they give it. At least I'll give you credit for being willing to stand and debate. Other than your fine tables, that's about all I can give you cedit for.

John

tiltjlp said:
In my opinion, at least five of those on your list are hostile in their own rights, and even to some degree they bait people, trying to stir things up. Other than you, none of them post here much at all, or not at all, because while they can dish it out they can't take it as well as they give it. At least I'll give you credit for being willing to stand and debate. Other than your fine tables, that's about all I can give you cedit for.

John

And of those 5, 3 of them were hostile as a direct result of Pacdudes constant moaning about the VPF at the time.
The 3 C's as they were known made it clear from the start that they were
sick of pacdudes bitching and were going to do something about it.
I didn't agree with most of what they said but, couldn't fault their reason behind it.
So in effect he brought it on himself. My opinion stands.
However this is all ancient history and none of this current "me & Pacdude" thing would have started if Paccy hadn't of broken our "agreement" to stay out of each others faces.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back