Future Pinball

Popotte

Flipper is good for you!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Good old EM
Abra Ca Dabra (Gottlieb - 1975) is now released at IRPinball main section. (also right here!)

Just a problem: I don't know what is the rules to lit (and unlit) these damn#%* bumpers... If you know the rule, tell me, please!!! \:D/ :rtm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks most excellent popette, as for those pop bumpers, it was just too long ago, I can't recall and I used to play this table a lot at the local bowling alley only 25 years ago.

I've got a vague feeling completing either target bank lights each bumper, though I'm really not sure.

Strange, they would at least mention it with the card. I think SteveOz is more than likely correct, as there are 2 banks and 2 bumpers. A lot of the early games, especially Bally's, tied them in to the top rollover lanes, but since this is a Gottlieb, I would suspect they tied the bumpers to the target banks

Thanks for the tip... But I'll wait untill I am sure it's the right rule...

Thanks for release.
Magnificent work,as always. :thumleft: :pint:

Since there's a release thread for this, I've uploaded the table to our resources. Not sure if the problem with the bumper lights was ever fixed, but perhaps so, as the final update seems to date from half a year later. (the 1.50 version)

Note that as a bonus, Jean-Pierre has very helpfully shared a stripped PF and a flat backbox image.

Also of interest-- this particular build seems to have been so popular with others, that three different authors (@ULTIMATE Pro Pinball, @monnezzas and @NitroNimbus) teamed up with Popotte to produce modified versions. For those interested in savoring the different blends, here are their D/L links In chronological order: (and some bonus screenies)

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-749-abra_ca_dabra_ultimate
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-9537-abra_ca_dabra
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/abra-ca-dabra-gottlieb-1971.5683/

Okay, cheers!

Attachments

• Abra - Slam.jpg
    Abra - Slam.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Abra - monnezzas.jpeg
    Abra - monnezzas.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 77
  • Abra - Nitro.png
    Abra - Nitro.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Looks most excellent popette, as for those pop bumpers, it was just too long ago, I can't recall and I used to play this table a lot at the local bowling alley only 25 years ago.

I've got a vague feeling completing either target bank lights each bumper, though I'm really not sure.
It's not related to the targets bank. The rules depend on the balls for game (3 or 5). I have to deeply investigate.
PS (as usual): Popotte not Popette

Since there's a release thread for this, I've uploaded the table to our resources. Not sure if the problem with the bumper lights was ever fixed, but perhaps so, as the final update seems to date from half a year later. (the 1.50 version)
Problem with the bumpers will (would?) be fixed soon(?).
I think a v2.00 would be available in the next weeks. The more simple: some PF redraw, some script changes, some lighting improvments, ...
More difficult: as it's a wedgehead and as the FP's wedgehead type is not really accurate (but really not), I have to struggle with that. I built a perfect model of wedgehead but I have to fit it with FP... But, it's my problem, not yours.
PS: when this problem will be solved (wedgehead); Jacks Open will be avalaible soon (and Sky Jump too)

Thanks for taking care of every detail, Popotte. Yours tables allways looks beautiful. We will be waiting for this new version of this wonderful table.

V2.00 is on the way...

Thank you very much. It is a very fun table to play. Maybe that is the reason that many people worked in making a MOD of your table.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back