No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

Ayelis

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Spy Hunter
This just in; A pinball table (by me) based on the game "Portal" (by the creators of HalfLife and Narbacular Drop).

Portal is available through http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/ (Portal on Steam) and I recommend everyone with a Windows operating system immediately go buy it online if you have not played it yet. It should be a pre-requisite, but the limitations of the system have prevented me from linking straight to Steam's audio files with FuturePinball. So it'll be the honor system. You buy Portal as soon as you can, and I'll let you play the pinball table in the meantime! Youtube will give you some idea of how awesome the game is and why you need it.

Anyhow, the pinball table is here;

Features:
Up to 4-player games
Up to 10x multiplier
16 game modes seperated into "levels"
2-ball Multiball sequences (available in certain "levels")
Graphics, Sound and Music from the game Portal (all sounds and graphics are copyright Valve Corporation circa 2007)
10 second Continue Game prompt which offers Extra ball awards
Extra ball awards also available by collecting "camera" drop targets
High Score credits
Free Game check (complete with DMD animation!)
Fish shaped crackers, fish shaped candies, fish shaped organic compounds and sediment shaped sediment.

Thanks to:
Futurepinball for the software, the default table setup, and certain graphics acquired from the alien table.
EVS (AKA RebootedLain) for the inspiration, the determination, and the passion of all things Pinball-y and Portal-y.
Simplyus for the Xenon tubes!
The FP Forums community(and the Pinball Nirvana community too!) for being so helpful!
Valve and Digipen for making excellent games!
You, for playing!

Screenshot: (click to enhance)

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crap! 40 mgs? bit much for a pinball table, but I'll bite i have high-speed cable let's see how long it takes for a d/load (man and I thought my table files were large)

well I can't download all three files there is a limit i must wait 15 minutes for the last one. Are all three the pin? seems odd to have three files unless they are for music.

well I can't download all three files there is a limit i must wait 15 minutes for the last one. Are all three the pin? seems odd to have three files unless they are for music.

Sometimes Future Pinball tables have really big filesize,
I think this is a "small one". Dead Hunters more than 80 megs.
VP tables work without music files, maybe FP tables too.
The music file 31 megs (portal mus.fpl)
Try without that file.

Aw, is that the problem? I saved it in three files instead of two? Rats!

Well, you certainly CAN play it without the music file, but it's not nearly as awesome! :p
If you do play it without the music file, I would recommend opening the script and setting;
GladosVar=0
(it's near the top of the script) So the game won't have you wait while she's talking.

Portal.fpt - The pinball table itself
Portal_Gfx.fpl - The graphics library (Needed for DMD animations and textures on just about everything)
Portal_Mus.fpl - The music library (Music files, speech, sound effects, everything else)

I could easily include the graphics in with the fpt. It's just so much faster to save when the file is only 1mb as compared with 10mb or 40mb (at one point, it was up to 80mb!)

silly me! halfway thru the download I realize it's a FP pin! my computer doesn''t even run FP at all. I have the dreaded intel graphics and it crashes every time I try to run FP, so I gave up on trying to get it to run months ago. No chance on it making it into VP, huh? Oh well...thanks anyways...

silly me! halfway thru the download I realize it's a FP pin! my computer doesn''t even run FP at all. I have the dreaded intel graphics and it crashes every time I try to run FP, so I gave up on trying to get it to run months ago. No chance on it making it into VP, huh? Oh well...thanks anyways...

That's sad. My computer crashes every time I run VP. Quitting any table causes an error that crashes the program.

And half the tables require rom files? What's up with that? Can't figure out how to script properly?

FP is all about scripting! I'm not sure you even CAN use a ROM file with FP. And since I don't know how to build a ROM, I guess I won't be able to remake my table on VP?

I'd have to redo the layout, redo all the scripting, redo the light sequencing, reprogram the DMD animations, recompress the sound files... I'm sure it'd be a ton of work for a table like mine, which has a whole lof of all of that stuff.

Sorry!

Read in voice of Portal Host

When I saw that a survi...guest of the Aperture Science Labs had honored our esteemed facility with a ball bearing hosted homage, my circuits overflowed with pride. My colleagues and I have found your creative effort a true reflection of the hospitality that makes Aperture such a joy to work for. Upon completion of all levels I realized you must be very adept with computers. Please forward a letter to our human relations department. I can ensure that you will be given an exclusive tour of our newset labs, to receive a demonstration of of our deeply felt appreciation.

Great game Ayelis! Being a fan of Portal, I was just pleased to see someone trying to pay tribute. After about 10 minutes I was smiling big time at how well you plugged into the humour and level personality. I'm sure both fans and non players will thoroughly enjoy all that you packed into this.

I did have my ball stick on the upper playfield under the tube entrance during level 16 and couldn't shake it loose. Will try soon and see if it happens again. Thanks for this awesome tribute.

There's a new update everyone! Go grab it! It's version 1.01, and now the boss fight is actually a boss fight! :D It plays JUST like the game Portal, so now you get the full experience!

Last edited:
The game won't have you wait while she's talking if you bump the table a time or two, or if you insert a coin. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back