As Simple as Four Chords.

Really, though, sleepy, what it comes down to is this... if you were fabulously wealthy, wouldn't you live anywhere else than Australia? Everyone would! Except Ray Davies. Who lives in the mother country.

The Kinks - Victoria - YouTube

Yeah, after England dropped their shitty 90% tax bracket.
I'm not sure now, but they were at 43% or so for the high earners, but that only covers Ray Davies.

I got a little snippy, but I mean, who wants to give away their money and their means, particularly to the companies and those in power?

Say, I do a pretty fair impersonation of Ray Davies myself. Do I need him?

Give The People What They Want...

Say, I do a pretty fair impersonation of Ray Davies myself.
I'd like to see/hear your Ray Davies. Can you inflict a video with that and pass it along? I do MeatLoaf (Rocky Horror brand Meatloaf) and Fat Elvis.

Attachments

• 02 - The Kinks - Give the People What They Want.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
life_in_australia_is_dangerous_map.jpg

Though to live here you really need to be able to out swim the sharks! ;)

Aus+Map,+funny+yet+serious.jpg

Aus+Map,+funny+yet+serious.jpg

LOL! I used to have a blue heeler, so that "Arizona" part of Australia with the baby-killing dingoes... I will be their alpha-male in the space of two weeks!

StevOz, that is one incredible map! Is there an upside map?
Is there really such a thing as a Maneating Koala?

StevOz, that is one incredible map! Is there an upside map?
Is there really such a thing as a Maneating Koala?

It's all a bit tongue in cheek, no there are not man eating koalas, that said they are only somewhat cute and cuddly if raised from near birth in a zoo type environment, otherwise there claws can and have gouged a few too stupid to know better, kangaroos are much more dangerous and have and can gut a human, though again it's just a matter of respecting their space.

There are a few killers missing from that map, our blue ringed octopus, tiny cute looking critters, seen one once in my youth though knew not to do more then look. Various snakes, we do have some of the deadliest most abundant in the world, encountered a few of those also, but hey I knew then and now just walk around them, that said accidents happen, just coming out of winter is the worst time to tread near any.

Also we do have killer jellyfish, though that's up north and yeah you should know not to swim there, if the jellyfish don't get you the Saltwater crocodiles surely might.

Though when all is said and done driving a car or crossing the road is a more likely cause of death.

Of all those the funnel web spider, the tiger snake and Saltwater crocodiles are the ones you don't want to go near as they are aggressive and will attack rather, then flight, all the rest will be injury or death by bad judgement or bad luck.

Oh almost forgot those giant spiders are harmless, though we do have some smaller much deadlier spiders. ;)

Which brings me to this blues song I heard the other day for the first time mind...it's been haunting me ever since!

Ray Charles & Jimmy lewis - If it wasn't for bad luck - YouTube

Same as anywhere. In The States we have Grizzly Bears and Bobcats up North,
and in my area we have The Diamondback Rattlesnake, really just a large reptilian worm that spends most of its life under the desert sands. Not too often seen on the surface, but for movie cliches. And Black Widow Spiders.

The local municipalities exercise Animal Control to eliminate the Prairie Dogs and rodents to curb the food chain to the rattlesnake, and the rattlesnake, by exercising Control Burns (setting fires under supervision) of the mountainous areas.

Not a great place to be when you are an animal.

You see what happened there I edited that post like 10 times and usually that shit just flows here without a reply...damn!

These are aggressive animals, not creatures defending their nests and homes like anyone else? The rattlesnakes are likely only defensive. They pop up out of the ground when a quarry mine or construction starts shaking up the ground.
But the municipalities don't want them around at all. It blows the image of the modern West.

I forgot to say that I love the song "Victoria" and I know that "Bad Luck" song.
The locals have me singing it to myself every day.

So I cut over to Facebook to try an impossible game, and this is the ad that they gave me prior to the game. But it's for New Zealand.

I wonder if this ad speaks of the common human experience?

<center>
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/SQDip9V49U0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/SQDip9V49U0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

</center>

You see?
Ruby's watching New Zealand.

I think I would like Australia. Not the Stinging Jellys. The jelly fish on Maryland coasts are just a nuisance. I saw a story about a fella stung by a Australian Box Jelly. His heart went wild , going faster every hour. In two days 240 beats /min . That was it for him. Hey Sleepy I just played your tracks from earlier in this thread. Thanks/enjoyed Your Syncopated and Waltzy Song2. It made me want to listen a couple more time and come up with some lyrics. Not yet sure what the song is saying to me . If I come up with something you will get the first look. Is this ok? You mention others "borrowing" from your work. Anything you would like to get of your chest? We wont tell. You got me curious where your influence has ended up.

Last edited:
Are you a songwriter, musician or lyricist, or just doing it for fun? I've always been a hobbyist.

Oh yeah. Family "borrowing". Their friends "borrowing". Warner Bros. "borrowing" or passing to other studios. Songs, movies and tv concepts and plots.
And all behind my back from the family home. It's a part of the mystery that I've been living. I started out in Pennsylvania as "a poor family with no ties to business or wealth", but only recently found out that the Warners started their studio in Pittsburgh around 1903. I didn't know that, even though somebody arranged to put me to work in the demo dept. at WB Records for a year before pushing to put me in the biz. Well, they've been very rude and against all reasonable human rights.

Yeah, if you want to play with lyrics, it's okay, but if you are selling the result, I might want a piece of that. It's like Frito-Lay. They had that contest asking people to suggest new flavors recipes for a chance to win $1 Million if the company used the recipe. I suggested a Pico De Gallo with Green Onions and Sour Creme chip. It didn't win.

Several months ago after the winners were chosen, "Cheesy Garlic Bread", "Chicken Waffles", and "Sriracha" (thin red pepper sauce), I went to the store, and there was a new Lays Pico De Gallo potato chip flavor. The bag has a picture of some dude "of Hispanic heritage" who works at the company and goes on to praise his wonderful suggestion, with great pride for the company.

And me, I'm thinking he used to work in the mailroom and was responsible for sorting through the Facebook recipe contest entries.

I saw the other day that Frito-Lay is once again conducting that contest. I would avoid it. It looks like they are sucking up all of the possible flavor suggestions that anyone could possibly come up with in order to
rip off the contestants and to monopolize the future of snack foods. Dirty pool.

So yeah. If you go commercial, I would appreciate a reasonable consideration.

Last edited:
About that "Potato Chip Contest"...rip off, they held the contest on their Facebook page. About the only good thing about Facebook is that it saves every post that I've ever made, including the contest entry. My entry is noted in the first image, below.

I named it "Pico De Fiesta" (translates to "Top Fiesta"). They didn't even use my recipe. They went with a tomato sauce emphasis. I wanted a sour cream and green onion chip with a reasonable presence of fresh beefsteak tomato and cilantro just under the sour cream and onion.

The introductory design of the bag is the second image as it originally appeared in the stores. Note the gold "Flavor Inspired by one of our employees" logo on the right side. Isn't that special???

And maybe he did come up with it first, but that is sooo much like what my folks have been pulling with the records and the movies and every fucking thing they do.

I have to wonder how much coincidence is A Coincidence???

Sorry for the rant. It happened just the other day when I saw they are trying to do the contest again. And that I already have "Coincidental Snack Products" on the market that are manufactured by them (family??? I don't know, but I don't know nothing) and I haven't been contacted yet in over 50 years. How old is "coincidence"??

Attachments

• PicoDeFiesta.JPG
    PicoDeFiesta.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Pico.JPG
    Pico.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Co-Inky-Dink...?

How old is coincidence... As old as you think it is? Plus I wanted you to rant a bit. Feel any better? I suggested "Cincinnati Chilli & Cheddar Chips"(Alliteration, Yes?)I had to use a friends FaceBook cause I don't Facebook. My mother's family name is Lay. Never went anywhere. The wife is from Cincinnati with their tradition of chilli served on pasta. Cincinnati chilli is an aromatic meat sauce. Lean ground beef, Tomato, The usual chilli powder plus allspice, clove, cinnamon and a trace of coccoa. The other flavors were to be from the cheese and onion toppings+Potato Chip as the starch. Go to a Cincinnati Chilli parlor and order a 4-Way. That is Spaghetti & chilli topped with diced onion and a big pile of mild shredded Cheddar. Not going to enter into that chip thing again.

I am neither songwriter(Few), musician(Little) or lyricist(Some). Add some drinks and I pose. You, a far more accomplished musician. But I play a mean stereo(3700W RMS If I turn everything on) When some lyrics suggest themselves I'll Let ya' know...C_S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

Try It At Home

A company calling it's self 'Sky Tyme Chilli" Makes a good mix. For some reason Skyline stopped making chilli mix. It is real easy. Use the leanest ground beef, turkey works great. The meat is not browned! 1 Small can tomato paste to chilli packet. I have served this to plenty folks. The concept of chilli on pasta sounds a bit off at first. I have yet to meet someone that doesn't love this dish.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...rmet&hvadid=3482459546&ref=pd_sl_3b8x66lm4b_e

If anyone is interested I will post my detailed instructions for making perfect Cincinnati Chilli .....C_S

I have to apologize for that. I suggested Fritos Chili Cheese Chips about ten years ago, several years after wishing to someone that I'd like chili cheese on french fries, and have been wondering when Frito-Lay would extend that flavor to potato chips.
They actually did so in 2011, or thereabouts. I haven't seen them in this area:

http://www.brandeating.com/2011/02/review-ruffles-loaded-chili-cheese.html

So that one goes to the waiting game with my very secretive family along with the rippled chip (1957, based on the corrugated layer in cardboard. I was 3 years old), the BBQ chip (1959. I was 5. I suggested using sweet hickory smoke BBQ sauce powder and adding yeast as a meat flavor substitute. How many others would think of yeast?), the onion chip. The garlic chip (5 again). When they failed, I thought to make it a dip flavor with sour cream powder.

The fried Crunchy Cheetos (1962. I was 8 ), The "cheesy Taco" Tortilla Chip (Nacho Doritos) and the tortilla chip (1966, though the company history states 1960 by an employee. They weren't sold until 1966, along with a no-cheese Taco Doritos chip),
Funyuns (loved onion rings), Bacon-Cheese Cheetos (short-lived; 1980's), Jumping Jack and Ranch Doritos, Sun Chips (multi-grain with Food Value), Limon Lays (Lime flavor), and Flaming Hots (a truth-or-dare line of snacks), and others that didn't make it.

That list is one of my 'coincidences'.

Currently I am wishing McDonalds would make a beef-onion gravied chili con carne and slap it on the Quarter Pounder. They tried a chiliburger before. It failed, but it wasn't classic beef-onion gravy-based chili.

I can say that because the folks know about that one, and because the Internet provides carbon dating, posts and dates...

Last edited:
My Mom used to make homemade chili with tomato sauce or paste, cayenne, sauteed onions, burger crumbles, kidney beans, and chopped celery stalk.

Is that anything like it?

But I have to have my caramel-savory beef-onion gravy y a slight amount of masa harina for a thickener, but mostly for taste. I might brown the masa harina slightly.

I have no affection for Frito Lay other than original Frito's Corn Chips themselves. My mother had a slightly privileged childhood. Her mom (Mae Lay)thought my mother's future husband unworthy as he came from humble backgrounds. My father gave her a great life and he had a amazing career. I had great parents and miss them both.
As for the chilli. Cincinnati Chilli is not a hearty chilli eaten by itself.. It is a meaty sauce made to serve on pasta. It is like spaghetti sauce but less tomato,more meat. At it's best smooth and not to thick. It is it's unique flavor profile that makes it so craveable. Low Scoville units with an exotic aroma of onion , clove, cinnamon and allspice. It is also a great topping for hot dogs. The classic "Coney" hot dog with chilli cheese onion optional mustard.

slide-food.png

Everything becomes "a little different" when "the poor family" later arranges to live in apartments. Across the breezeway lived the neighbors. Jerry the makeup man and struggling actor. He was lead makeup on "Animal House", but in the 60's I hung around as friends though he was older. I remember meeting Jeff Burton across the way in 1969. He played one of the astronauts in the original Planet of the Apes.

Jerry and me often discussed Hollywood matters, and I remember telling him that Brando should play The Godfather, this during the pre-production while the cast was yet to be determined. Nobody knew who would play Don Corleone at that time.
Remember, I had nothing to do with Hollywood myself. I was the poor boy with a cleft palate. I wasn't going to be any kind of public speaker.

In the early 70's, Jerry did makeup in the schlockfest, "Blackenstein" (yeah, that orange tomato soup blood), voted one of the 250 all time worst films ever made,
and in the same film he played a very short scene as the husband in bed with Liz Renay.. She was Mickey Cohen's girlfriend. Yeah. That Mickey Cohen.

Everything can be very different when the family makes arrangements that they do not talk about.

btw, you're bigger than i thought, steve.

daily_gifdump_575_15.gif

Yeah true that, I weighed myself the other day and I'm at 74 Kgs! Well not that big though I had been thinking I was getting a bit light weight, guess not.

Oh as for our continent yeah, it's big, though very sparse inland.

Most people concentrate in or near the major cities.
The U.S. holds 27.08% of the lands as protected areas.

Meanwhile, as large as California is, both as land area and as a population of, last time I checked, 37 Million people, take a flight over the California Mojave Desert and the Grand Canyon outside of California and the houses below are virtually non-existent.
Especially the Mojave where the sun can be deadly hot. Miles and miles of uninhabited deserts and canyons in the West. The times that we drove through the Mojave, it was 105 degrees Fahrenheit in the shade.
And you can't stay in the car to beat it because the cars bake like ovens.

Yeah true that, I weighed myself the other day and I'm at 74 Kgs! Well not that big though I had been thinking I was getting a bit light weight, guess not.

Oh as for our continent yeah, it's big, though very sparse inland.
steve, you bastard...

i go inland all the time to play didgeridoo with my abby mates!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back