As Simple as Four Chords.

It sure is sparse where my place is... Starting to get sick of the whole "sorry mate, no stroll to the supermarket for you today..." well, unless you count scrub and fields, it's no stroll to anything... When I moved out here, I left behind a great penthouse apartment with a pub, a pizza shop, supermarkets, literally everything I ever needed within about a 200 meter radius. Didn't need a car. Now I have to drive for a minimum 25kms to find any of those things. Except the pub, there is one of those near the house. Gotta have a pub. I think the missus is getting a bit sick of it too.

Oh, and BTW, Hi guys!

is that a teaching engagement that dragged you out to wherever it is, anthias? i think i still have you on my FB... or maybe not, since i haven't seen you for awhile.

It was for a while, till I quit, and then realised that mortgages are not very portable things. I hope to get the hell out of here one day though...

who needs a house, back in hackensack... is that all you gets for yer money?

Well, that explains mucho, though I already figured something out regarding all 'the borrowing of ideas'.

Name the owner of this voice. Bonus points if you can name the company that the voice is best known for. They probably own the chips too, though they aren't publicly known for it.

<center>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fOUilxJWm24?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</center>

bill dana?

fellow latino who mocked the apollo missions... but it sounds kind of like.

who needs a house, back in hackensack... is that all you gets for yer money?

One of my favorite MST3K jokes is when they're showing a bunch of islanders running into the ocean carrying their boats and Mike says "they traded in their Chevies for a kayak-ak-ak-ak-ak."

I'm sorry. Bill Dana is an incorrect answer, and he has no tail.
Try again?

Hey Ruby! You've been on holiday?

I'm sorry. Bill Dana is an incorrect answer, and he has no tail.
Try again?

Hey Ruby! You've been on holiday?

Hey, pal... I've been playing pinball! You remember pinball, don't you? Yeah, I've developed an unhealthy obsession with Zen Pinball's Return of the Jedi game. I'm not so much "playing a game" as I am "torturing myself with a Rubik's Cube that can't be solved." So, yeah... busy!

Whoops! Almost forgot. Mel Blanc. Warner Brothers. And I thought Fritos were owned by the Pepsi/KFC/Pizza Hut octopus, but I could be wrong.

That is correct, sir. The voice of Bette Davis.
Now, can you name the studio? Hint: I've been there myself.

Sounds a lot like "BaBa Looey"But that's Hanna Barbara Not Warner Bros.
<table class="infobox" style="border-spacing:3px;width:22em;border-spacing: 2px 5px;;" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" style="text-align:center;font-size:125%;font-weight:bold;background: blue; color: white;;">Baba Looey</th> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" style="text-align:center;">Quick Draw McGraw character</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" style="text-align:center;"> Baba Looey
</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">First appearance</th> <td>"Scary Prairie"</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">Voiced by</th> <td>Daws Butler
Neil Ross
<small>("Wake, Rattle, and Roll")</small></td> </tr> <tr> <th colspan="2" style="text-align:center;background: blue; color: white;;">Information</th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">Nickname(s)</th> <td>Baba Boy
Baba Lewis</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">Aliases</th> <td>The Whippersnapper</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">Species</th> <td>Burro</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">Gender</th> <td>Male</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row" style="text-align:left;">Occupation</th> <td>Deputy</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Baba Looey is a fictional anthropomorphic Mexican burro that appeared in The Quick Draw McGraw Show. He is deputy and best friend to Sheriff Quick Draw McGraw. He was voiced by Daws Butler.
Character

Baba Looey is Quick Draw McGraw's sidekick. He is brown, has long ears, wears a sombrero, and speaks with a thick Mexican accent. He is often seen hanging around with Quick Draw and helps him catch bad guys.
Baba Looey is often portrayed as the more thoughtful half of the duo. At times realizing some detail about a given situation, Baba Looey tries desperately to caution Quick Draw of a trap or other danger, before Quick Draw charges headlong into the fray without listening or giving consideration to his surroundings.

Last edited:
Awwww, you can't fool mee.
I know that's Bette Davis. :)

geez... you could probably show hundreds of regular cartoon characters from that era and mel blanc would have been the right answer almost every other time.

Hey, pal... I've been playing pinball! You remember pinball, don't you? Yeah, I've developed an unhealthy obsession with Zen Pinball's Return of the Jedi game. I'm not so much "playing a game" as I am "torturing myself with a Rubik's Cube that can't be solved." So, yeah... busy!
it looks fantastic like pretty much all their SW tables, but my question is... is it as hard as the first one (uh, episode V i guess)? my problem is that even tweaking the operators settings, a lot of those shots necessary to complete the special modes are just brutal to make on the tablet edition. i mean, the ball typically comes flying down the inlane and has to be flipped at a precise instant (usually the last possible one) in order to make the required shot. it's quite discouraging after doing more or less everything else correctly up to that point.

the lighsabre battle against the ball-drone is an example of a more balanced mode. it takes some work to trigger the mode, but nothing crazy, and it takes some practice to complete the mode... but again, nothing crazy. in fact, many shots, triggers and such seem either too hard or too easy. it's like they have the magical williams touch in almost every way except for reasonable playability.

i see there's an update to the engine and the table, tho. downloading now. maybe they address this...

Mel Blanc, else Daws Butler, Don Messick, or June Foray.
Bea Benaderet was the voice of Betty Rubble and Mel voiced Barney.

geez... you could probably show hundreds of regular cartoon characters from that era and mel blanc would have been the right answer almost every other time.

it looks fantastic like pretty much all their SW tables, but my question is... is it as hard as the first one (uh, episode V i guess)? my problem is that even tweaking the operators settings, a lot of those shots necessary to complete the special modes are just brutal to make on the tablet edition. i mean, the ball typically comes flying down the inlane and has to be flipped at a precise instant (usually the last possible one) in order to make the required shot. it's quite discouraging after doing more or less everything else correctly up to that point.

the lighsabre battle against the ball-drone is an example of a more balanced mode. it takes some work to trigger the mode, but nothing crazy, and it takes some practice to complete the mode... but again, nothing crazy. in fact, many shots, triggers and such seem either too hard or too easy. it's like they have the magical williams touch in almost every way except for reasonable playability.

i see there's an update to the engine and the table, tho. downloading now. maybe they address this...

I would say that Return is slightly more accessible than Empire was (it's the only Star Wars table I haven't adjusted the outlane pins on), but I still play it with tilt set high to even get a fair chance at it. I think their physics on where a moving ball goes may be a little wonkier than, say, VP... at least, it's a lot harder to get used to! I'd still say it's a great buy. I think it comes with the X-Wing/TIE fighter table... about the only "junior" table I've really enjoyed.

impossible to go wrong for a buck a table, that's fo sho.

The last batch kinda surprised me. Instead of 3 tables, there were 4. Not many worth a damn, but it was the thought (and the great deal) that counted!

don't patronise us, william. i'll kick your ass if you're looking for trouble. me and iggy pop and the last remaining ramon roadie.

LOL! You steppin' up to me, Nicolas?

haha, that reminded me of the wanderers... same year, i think (1979). any idea if the two were equally good?

Well... I would feel more comfortable saying that they were both good... but not really equal. Walter Hill's going for a whole urban-warfare Odyssey fantasy. The Wanderers was a more-serious-minded American Graffiti. I read the book a couple years before I saw the movie, not only because I was interested in the time period, but because I loved "The Wanderer" by Dion. I'd leave the arm off the record player so the needle would just start over at the beginning. The book was written by Richard Price, who went on to write Clockers, Freedomland, The Color of Money screenplay and other wonderful works of art.

hmm... thanks, mate!

it's odd. i had a post-college phase in which i loved the wanderers for its... audacity or something. pricks with ears... ducky's boys, etc. then a few years later i went through a 50's song phase, heavy on frankie valli, dion and the belmonts and such... never really connected the two 'wanderers' for some reason.

anyway, i upgrading my recording system recently. one of these days i'll have to karaoke a version of runaround sue or whatnot for you to cover your ears to. :)

Just make it a duet Ike, that's how runaround sue should have been. :)

Well... I would feel more comfortable saying that they were both good... but not really equal. Walter Hill's going for a whole urban-warfare Odyssey fantasy. The Wanderers was a more-serious-minded American Graffiti. I read the book a couple years before I saw the movie, not only because I was interested in the time period, but because I loved "The Wanderer" by Dion. I'd leave the arm off the record player so the needle would just start over at the beginning. The book was written by Richard Price, who went on to write Clockers, Freedomland, The Color of Money screenplay and other wonderful works of art.

This is an awesome bit of information here, because I love The Wanderers, and Clockers, and The Color of Money... I had no idea there was a connection. Now I have to start reading some Richard Price.

This is an awesome bit of information here, because I love The Wanderers, and Clockers, and The Color of Money... I had no idea there was a connection. Now I have to start reading some Richard Price.

One very important connection to make, Shooby... Richard Price also wrote some great scripts for the HBO series The Wire. If you're a fan of Clockers, you'll love The Wire!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back