JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
By Hung, Added to The Magic of Flipperless!

Thank's very much! :D
I've received many emails requesting Magic Screen Bingo's, here's one about Bingo1:

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for "Bingo 1". Almost like Laguna Beach (1960). You should include clear instructions in Table Info on how to play (eg use arrow keys to move Magic Screen when OK feature and/or letters are lit) so that those people unfamiliar with Bingo machines will be able to fully appreciate it. Wish List: new version with beautiful Visual Pinball Graphics (of County Fair or Laguna Beach) and user adjustable tilt sensitivity. A first for Visual Pinball! Great work.

edited:
Screenshot replaced with new version 0.9 on 4/22/04! :)
edited: 6/09/20 uploaded to Pinball Nirvana, added a new download location, replaced screenshot.

Attachments

• Bingo1_v0.9.02.jpg
    Bingo1_v0.9.02.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
To:Jon

i should say this at the very begining,because the english is not my native language(i am a taiwanese),i will try to do my best to read or to write it. but, if there are any words or sentences or anything are misused or not suitable here,i apologize for it.

thanks for playing this game.i had metioned that this is my first vp table,and i believe there should have lot of things to be impoved in this version, and i will do it.

to me,coding the script may be not the problem(thanks to authors of other tables at this site, i really learn a lots from their script),but image,sound etc. are not the easy parts for me.script of bingo1 spend me 1 week to make it work, but the image costs me more than 1 month,i really need help.for example,know why i create the bingo1 without any existing table?just because i don't have one suitable for use,and don't know how to get one.if someone can support me this,it should come out more early.

why i created this game?because i love the game so much.i play the bingo pinball game since i was teenage, but it all disappeared from here (taiwan) about 10 years ago,it was sad for me.but finally i find your great site, and have not doubt about make a bingo game to play by recall it from my memory.now,both creating and playing the game are my best pastime.

someone in france ask me to create a 6-card game,i will love to,maybe name it bingo2.but i can not define when to release ,since i am really busy here.maybe someone would supports me the table image,it definitely can save my time and speed up the schedule.

announced at other forums?sure,i also uploaded it to the shivasite,if there are any other forum that you sir think suitable for place this table, tell me or do me a favor-help me to upload it.i creat this game just for fun, and will very enjoy if there are some people also enjoy this game.

write a document?in english?oh no.in chinese,i do.any suggestion?

Hung
04/19

My hisory with Bingo Machines?....

I used to go to a pin and pool hall in the 70's that had Bingo Machines in a dark corner of the hall. One day (late 70's) a sherriff that was up for re-election showed up at the Hall with a bunch of people, including a tv news crew. They were filming the entire sad events and they proceeded to take the Bingo Machines into the parking lot and smashed them up with axes..

I have not played one since...:(

Thanks again, and hopefully someone can help you with the graphics for a recreation! A very impressive first VP Table. I've announced your release at vpforums.com and vpfreeforums.com, I want to make sure people don't miss it and thanks for uploading to shivaSite.

8)
Hung,
Thank you for a great and unique VPinball machine. I am especially surprised by the lack of interest in the forums in it, considering how good it is.

Some things you can do:
1) Label it as (or similar to) Bally's Laguna Beach, or add Pick-A-Play and do it as Circus Queen.
2) Include instructions in the INFO section of the VPinball editor. People unfamiliar with Bingo machines may have trouble with the game, and dismiss it without understanding it. Be sure to include the use of the arrow keys to move the Magic Screen when "Press Now" is lit.
3) Announce the game to the Bingo websites: http://bingo.cdyn.com/, http://danny.cdyn.com/Misc Bingo.htm, and http://members.aol.com/rusjensen/index.htm. There are folks there who will be...for an improved, visually beautiful revision.

:idea:
Bingo 1 Instructions

This machine is very similar to Bally's Laguna Beach (1960).
Some additional keys are used in this VPinball game as noted.

Object: To build up credits on the Replay meter, located on the upper right of the backglass. Before you get paid off, remember to subtract from this number the amount of coins you inserted (shown at bottom left of screen).

1) Push R(ed) key to start play. This will deliver a ball to the shooter and light the first 3 odds panels on the left of the backglass.

You will be trying to shoot five balls into numbered holes on the playfield. They will light corresponding numbers on the
backglass. Try to get 3, 4, or 5 numbers in a row.

The 3 odds panels have green, yellow, and red numbers showing the payoff for 3, 4, or 5 in a row (going from bottom to top) for the different colors. The lowest payoffs are on the left; you would like to move the lit panels to the right.

Above the odds panels are various features which you might lite. The more lit, the better for the player. To the left and right of the Bingo card are some panels with arrows next to them. The higher the arrow or lit panel, the better.

2) Push the R key again to insert another coin, which will be totaled on the bottom left of the screen. You may (or may not) lite higher odds and/or better features. Insert as many coins (or as few) as you wish.

3) Now begin the game by shooting the first ball. Use the 3 different "nudges" to affect ball travel; they will only do this when the ball contacts a playfield post, not when it's rolling. Try to lite 3, 4, or 5 in a row on the backglass.

IF EARLIER YOU LIT THE OK FEATURE and/or some MAGIC SCREEN LETTERS, at some point during the game the "PRESS NOW" panel will flash. Use the left and right arrow keys to move the Magic Panel to the most advantageous position for the numbers you have lit. You can now get 3, 4, or 5 in a colored section to win.

IF YOU LIT THE OK FEATURE, you can try to win an OK free game, which will begin with certain advanced odds and features. To win one, you must get 2 or more in the orange section.

The later you may move the MAGIC SCREEN, the better; the panels to the right of the Bingo card control this. A lit arrow indicates which panel may lite next; the higher, the better. If you lite the yellow or red star, try to hit it on the playfield. This will allow you to move the MAGIC SCREEN later.

4) Whenever you want to collect on a winning 3, 4, or 5 hit, press the
S(core) key. Credits will be added to the replay meter on the upper right backglass, according to the odds and features you have lit.

5) After you have shot 5 balls, you may try to improve your winnings with 1 to 3 extra balls. Below the Bingo card are panels that control this. Press the Y(ellow) key to insert a coin to try for an extra ball. You need to lite 3 panels for one extra ball. Each coin may (or may not) lite 1 or more panels.

When you have shot all your balls, IF YOU HAVE WON AN OK GAME, start it with the S(core) key.

IN GENERAL, the better your odds and features, the more difficult it is to improve them, and vice versa.

Bingo 1 Instructions (Ver 1.1)

This machine is very similar to Bally's Laguna Beach (1960).

Object: To build up credits on the Replay meter, located on the upper right of the backglass. Before you get paid off, remember to subtract from this number the amount of coins you inserted (shown at bottom left of screen).

1) Push R(ed) key to start play. This will deliver a ball to the shooter and
light the first 3 odds panels on the left of the backglass.

You will be trying to shoot five balls into numbered holes on the
playfield. They will light corresponding numbers on the backglass. Try to get 3, 4, or 5 numbers in a row.

The 3 odds panels have green, yellow, and red numbers showing the payoff for 3, 4, or 5 in a row (going from bottom to top) for the different colors. The lowest payoffs are on the left; you would like to move the lit panels to the right.

Above the odds panels are various features which you might lite. The more lit, the better for the player. To the left and right of the Bingo card are some panels with arrows next to them. The higher the arrow or lit panel, the better.

2) Push the R key again to insert another coin, which will be totaled on the bottom left of the screen. You may (or may not) lite higher odds and/or better features. Insert as many coins (or as few) as you wish.

To the left of the Bingo card are the Red and Yellow Super Sections. When lit, 2 numbers score as 3 (in that color), 3 score as 4, 4 score as 5. Above these panels are special blue section score panels. When lit, numbers in the blue (smallest) section score special high amounts as indicated. The higher the panel lit, the better.

3) Now begin the game by shooting the first ball. Use the 3 different "nudges" to affect ball travel; they will only do this
when the ball contacts a playfield post, not when it's rolling. Try to lite 3,
4, or 5 in a row on the backglass.

IF EARLIER YOU LITE THE OK FEATURE and/or some MAGIC SCREEN LETTERS, at some point during the game the "PRESS NOW" panel
will flash. Use the left and right arrow keys to move the Magic Panel to
the most advantageous position for the numbers you have lite. You can now get 3, 4, or 5 in a colored section to win.

IF YOU LIT THE OK FEATURE, you can try to win an OK free game, which will begin with certain advanced odds and features. To win one, you must get 2 or more in the orange section.

The later you may move the MAGIC SCREEN, the better; the panels to the right of the Bingo card control this. A lit arrow indicates which panel may lite next; the higher, the better. If you lite the yellow or red star, try to hit it on the playfield. This will allow you to move the MAGIC SCREEN later.

4) Whenever you want to collect on a winning 3, 4, or 5 hit, press the S(core) key. Credits will be added to the replay meter on the upper right backglass, according to the odds and features you have lit.

5) After you have shot 5 balls, you may try to improve your winnings with 1 to 3 extra balls. Below the odds panels are panels that control this. Press the Y(ellow) key to insert a coin to try for an extra ball. You need to lite 3 panels for one extra ball. Each coin may (or may not) lite 1 or more panels.

When you have shot all your balls, IF YOU HAVE WON AN OK GAME, start it with the S(core) key.

IN GENERAL, the better your odds and features, the more difficult it is to improve them, and vice versa.

Thanks to DocFlipr's suggestion,TILT feature with user controlled sensetivity will build in next release,Pick-A-Play maybe next next release,but "beautiful" image is still my headache!

Hung
04/21

hungfj, you might have a better chance of success of receiveing some graphics help by posting a request at vpforums, vpfreeforums and/or shivasite. I don't have the patience to work on graphics much... :(

Thank's for the instructions DocFlipr, they helped me play Bingo 1 tremendously! :)

I want to seek approval from DocFlipr and hungfj to include these instructions in the Table Zip file (as a text file) AND to place them in the Table Info section of Bingo 1, as suggested by DocFlipr. I would then replace the table from The Magic of Flipperless downloads with the updated one, the only changes would be including instructions.

I also want to post the instructions on the active forum threads for those people that have already downloaded Bingo1 here:

Kindly let me know if it's ok to do this,
I believe a lot of people don't know what a Bingo Machine is, much less how to play them.... :shock:

Last edited:
DocFlipr said:
8)
Jon,
Great ideas!

I guess it can only help others discover Bingo 1!

Attachments

• 41-lagunabeach-i_feb_60_711.jpg
    41-lagunabeach-i_feb_60_711.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 655
Bingo1 V0.9 is now ready.

Feature added:

(1)TILT with operator controlled sensetivity by Pageup/Pagedown key,level 1 is most sensetive and 9 is less,level 0 is NO TILT at all(i love this)

(2)Orange super section,where 3 or more in orange section score as green when lit.

(3)Pick-A-Play feature.the (B)lue key is for scores only, the (G)reen key for features only, the original (R)ed key for both scores and features.

(4)instruction updated.thanks to DocFlipr,now rule of the game was added at table info section.

enjoy it!

Thank's for the update hungfj!
:)

Bingo1 just got better and is a ton of fun.

I have replaced the screenshot above and replaced ver 0.8 and 0.9 with 0.9 (fix) at the uploads and downloads pages on the site. The new zip file also includes a text file of DocFliprs instructions, ThankYou for adding them into the Table Info section.

Let me know if you would like any changes to anything I have done.

Bingo 1 Instructions (Ver 0.9)

This machine is very similar to Bally's Circus Queen (1960).

Before beginning play, set the TILT sensitivity; use the Page Up and Page Down keys. 1 is most sensitive, 9 is least sensitive. 0 which comes before one, is no TILT at all.

1) Push R(ed) key to start machine. This will deliver a ball to the shooter and
light the first 3 odds panels on the left of the backglass.

playfield. They will light corresponding numbers on the backglass. Try to get 3, 4, or 5 numbers in a row.

Above the odds panels are various features which you might lite. The
more lit, the better for the player.

To the left and right of the Bingo card are some panels with arrows next to them. The higher the lit arrow or lit panel, the better.

To the left of the Bingo card are panels that when lit, give special scores
for hits in the orange, yellow, red and blue sections (as indicated). The
higher the panel lit, the better.

2)PICK-A-PLAY selection buttons
Before you shoot the first ball, you may deposit additional coins to try to
increase the odds and/or obtain better features.

Press the B(lue) key to try for advancing odds.
Press the G(reen) key to try for features.
Press the R(ed) key to try for combination odds and features.

Each button press inserts another coin, which will be totaled on the bottom left of the screen. You may (or may not) lite higher odds and/or better features. Insert as many coins (or as few) as you wish.

3) Now begin the game by shooting the first ball. Use the 3 different "nudges" (up, left & right) to affect ball travel; they will only do this
when the ball contacts a playfield post, not when it's rolling. Try to lite 3,
4, or 5 in a row on the backglass.

IF EARLIER YOU LIT THE OK FEATURE and/or some MAGIC SCREEN LETTERS, at some point during the game the "PRESS NOW" panel
will flash. Use the left and right arrow keys to move the Magic Panel to
the most advantageous position for the numbers you have lit. You can now get 3, 4, or 5 in a colored section to win.

The later you are permitted to move the MAGIC SCREEN, the better; the panels to the right of the Bingo card control this. A lit arrow indicates
which panel may lite next; the higher, the better. If you lite the yellow or
red star, try to hit it on the playfield. This will allow you to move the
MAGIC SCREEN later in the game.

S(core) key. Credits will be added to the replay meter on the upper right backglass, according to the odds and features you have lit.

5) After you have shot 5 balls, you may try to improve your winnings with 1 to 3 extra balls. Below the odds panels are panels that control this. Press the Y(ellow) key to insert a coin to try for an extra ball. You need to lite 3 panels for one extra ball. Each coin may (or may not) lite 1 or more panels.

IN GENERAL, the better your odds and features, the more difficult it is to improve them, and vice versa. In PICK-A-PLAY, the B(lue) key gives you a better chance of advancing the odds (and higher) than the R(ed) key. The G(reen) key gives you a better chance of improving the features than the R(ed) key.

Bingo 1 Instructions ver0.9.02

Bingo 1 Instructions (Ver 0.9.02)

This machine is very similar to Bally's Circus Queen (1960).

Before beginning play, set the TILT sensitivity; use the Page Up and Page Down keys. 1 is most sensitive, 9 is least sensitive. 0 which comes before one, is no TILT at all.

5 BALLS 1 COIN

SCORE VOID IF GAME IS TILTED

1) Push R(ed) key to start machine. This will deliver a ball to the shooter and light the first 3 odds panels on the left of the backglass.

Numbers must be ADJOINING each other connected by red, yellow or green line - OR - ANY numbers in a color section.

The 3 odds panels each have 3 numbers, showing the payoff for 3, 4, or 5 hits (going from bottom to top). Each panel is for a different color, green, yellow and red. The lowest payoffs are on the left; you would like to move the lit panels to the right.

Above the odds panels are various features which you might lite. The
more lit, the better for the player.

To the left and right of the Bingo card are some panels with arrows next to them. The higher the lit arrow or lit panel, the better.

To the left of the Bingo card are panels that when lit, give special scores for hits in the orange, yellow, red and blue sections (as indicated). The higher the panel lit, the better.

2) PICK-A-PLAY selection buttons
Before you shoot the first ball, you may deposit additional coins to try to
increase the odds and/or obtain better features.

Press the B(lue) key to try for advancing odds.
Press the G(reen) key to try for features.
Press the R(ed) key to try for combination odds and features.

Each button press inserts another coin, which will be totaled on the bottom left of the screen. You may (or may not) lite higher odds and/or better features. Insert as many coins (or as few) as you wish.

3) Now begin the game by shooting the first ball. Use the 3 different "nudges" (up, left & right) to affect ball travel; they will only do this when the ball contacts a playfield post, not when it's rolling. Try to lite 3, 4, or 5 in a row on the backglass.

IF EARLIER YOU LIT THE OK FEATURE and/or some MAGIC SCREEN LETTERS, at some point during the game the "PRESS NOW" panel will flash. Use the left and right arrow keys to move the Magic Panel to
the most advantageous position for the numbers you have lit. You can now get 3, 4, or 5 in a colored section to win.

The later you are permitted to move the MAGIC SCREEN, the better; the panels to the right of the Bingo card control this. A lit arrow indicates
which panel may lite next; the higher, the better. If you lite the yellow or
red star, try to hit it on the playfield. This will allow you to move the
MAGIC SCREEN later in the game.

S(core) key to register replays. Credits will be added to the replay meter on the upper right backglass, according to the odds and features you have lit. Only highest score and only one 3-in-line per color registers.
Red, yellow and green score separately.

5) After you have shot 5 balls, you may try to improve your game with 1 to 3 extra balls. Below the odds panels are panels that control this. Press the Y(ellow) key to insert a coin to try for an extra ball. You need to lite 3 panels for one extra ball. Each coin may (or may not) lite 1 or more panels.

IN GENERAL, the better your odds and features, the more difficult it is to improve them, and vice versa. In PICK-A-PLAY, the B(lue) key gives you a better chance of advancing the odds (and quicker) than the R(ed) key. The G(reen) key gives you a better chance of improving the features than the R(ed) key.

Thanks again Guys!

I've included DocFlipr's Instructions ver. 0.9.02 in the Table Info section and as a seperate text file inside the zip!

:grab:

Furio has uploaded a graphics tutorial for Bingo 1, just wanted to make sure Hung takes a look at it! :)

See the thread above this one....

thanks to Furio's graphics tutorial !

thanks to Furio's tutorial! it's really helpful to me(i know nothing about graphics)!

very thanks!

:crazyeyes:
Hey Hung

I just like to say how much I've enjoyed your Bingo simulations. Coming from a country where Bingo's have been totally outlawed since 1984 you have given me back the buzz I used to get playing them as a surly juvenile delinquent!

Although I absolutely love playing Bingo 1 (my all-time favourite now, more so than "Stars" - sorry Druadic - or any Leon Spalding or Bendigo pinball simulation) can you get "Hung" to fix this annoying bug of the ball falling off the plunger which thereby ends the game and the session.

This has happened to me after I've "pumped" a $15.00 game and was going for a vertical four-in-line for a three way payout on a all-letter-press-buttons-after-fifth-ball feature game. Or sometimes after I've been playing for a prolonged period of time. There's no real instigator of why this happens but it's damn annoying! But other than that it's brilliant.

What's the chances of next generation "Magic Screen" Bingo simulations using the artwork from original "Magic Screen" games? Like "Carnival Queen, Lido, Laguna Beach, Bikini or even Magic Line bingo's like Venice or Galaxy?

C'mon Hung you have the coding now - use it for the benefit of mankind (or just one punk kid in Australia who refuses to grow up!)!!

go-set

P.S. Your Continental is cool and I can't believe how you make it feel heavy when playing but I still prefer the old Magic Screens and Magic Number style bingo's - it's what I grew up on.

...hello Hung` Very nice work Brother - Thank you - I really like this one`

The download location in the first post in this thread for Bingo1 version 0.9.02, has been updated!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back