Flipperless Brio Labyrinths Simple and Advanced

Poor Indy always tripping over his balls. :) Cool stuff.

My name is Indiana ..... Indiana Jones, and I am the most famous archaeologist and the most loser of all ..... but how did I end up locked up in a labyrinth? where is the exit?

Dear player, help the unfortunate Indy, to find the exit ....... but what movie is it????

@Gimli

That is really nice.

Allow me to take the opportunity to say that I'm not lost but i do have been away. I'm back from vacation but my tendinite problems are not good. Especially from my right shoulder to right hand. As such, my previously availability for testing is off for the moment.

@Gimli

Allow me to take the opportunity to say that I'm not lost but i do have been away. I'm back from vacation but my tendinite problems are not good. Especially from my right shoulder to right hand. As such, my previously availability for testing is off for the moment.
Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, I think we all been kinda wondering where Tiago's been, lately.

Please get well, sir. :heart:

Yeah, I think we all been kinda wondering where Tiago's been, lately.

Please get well, sir. :heart:
I’ve had a little shoulder tendonitis too since my second covid shot 2 months ago
I hope you get well soon . If you can get some physio or home exercises so you don’t get “frozen shoulder””

Last edited:
I’ve had a little shoulder tendonitis too since my second covid shot 2 months ago
Whoa, really?

Weird thing (to me, anyway) about CV19 is that I caught it last summer, suffered hard for a few weeks, then come out the other side mainly 'whole.' LATER to get my staggered Pfizer vaccinations recently, in which case my arm hurt like a... maternal-copulating female canine... for a couple days, there.

Anyway, it remembered me upon a certain 'game' me and the lads used to play some years back, in which we punched each in the biceps hard as we could, then tried to play it off like nothing happened, lol.

But then THAT remembered me upon something that happened a only a few years ago. Here's the story--

My dear friend (Chinese pediatrician, she has her own clinic now in the States) had one of her childhood buddies over from the Mainland (a total cunt, if I may say so).

Near the end of an unexpectedly DELIGHTFUL evening at our local Korean-fusion place, of course he insisted upon arm-wrestling, against my friend's advice, and her growing embarrassment.

Now, even though I'm built like a twig (5'8" & skinny like a young sapling), I reluctantly agreed (ganbei! ganbei!) for some godamn, benighted reason or other. So it went, and if I may say so, I put up a fairly good losing fight I guess, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that after that fucker got my wrist to the table, for some reason he twisted it as some kinda Chinese 'victory lap,' I guess? (took me a month for my wrist to heal proper)

Needles to say, I was beyond pissed off at that point.
I asked Dr. Chen if he'd ever heard of the fun, Peruvian-American game of "punching each other in the biceps." He hadn't, but enthusiastically agreed to play!

Putting myself in the hands of fate, I told Chen to take his turn first, stood up, and presented my arm. Ah, one more detail-- Dr. Chen is a six-footer who loved to brag about being a health nut, lifting weights and doing aerobic exercise every day, without fail. And he looked it, frankly.

Anyway, here we go--

I stood up there, prepared to get absolutely demolished, eyes squinting, and it turned in to one of the weirdest experiences ever. As in, I felt a slight brush upon my arm, and was told "now it's your turn."

I argued with the 'ref' a bit, and we agreed to have Chen hit my arm again, this time while I watched the whole thing in real time. Honestly, I felt kinda sickened by how... utterly inept he seemed to be, for such a smaque-talker?

Anyway, my turn next (and for whatever reason I have an inordinately powerful blow for being a little bag of bones, essentially), Chen twisted his body as my punch was coming, deflecting it off his bicep, going straight to his jaw.

That's when I quickly paid the entire cheque (Chen and my friend still owe me, bastards & bitches), US$140, and we quickly hustled in various directions from there. Weirdly, it was my birthday, and it was supposed to be more of a celebration, or what have you.

Side note: Dr Chen was way too proud to go to an American clinic for the resultant hairline fracture in his jaw. So, point of pride, he chose to suffer it through his whole America trip, then have it attended to once he got back to China.

Yeah, that whole thing, just... OOF.

Last edited:
Whoa, really?

Weird thing (to me, anyway) about CV19 is that I caught it last summer, suffered hard for a few weeks, then come out the other side mainly 'whole.' LATER to get my staggered Pfizer vaccinations recently, in which case my arm hurt like a... maternal-copulating female canine... for a couple days, there.

Anyway, it remembered me upon a certain 'game' me and the lads used to play some years back, in which we punched each in the biceps hard as we could, then tried to play it off like nothing happened, lol.

But then THAT remembered me upon something that happened a only a few years ago. Here's the story--

My dear friend (Chinese pediatrician, she has her own clinic now in the States) had one of her childhood buddies over from the Mainland (a total cunt, if I may say so).

Near the end of an unexpectedly DELIGHTFUL evening at our local Korean-fusion place, of course he insisted upon arm-wrestling, against my friend's advice, and her growing embarrassment.

Now, even though I'm built like a twig (5'8" & skinny like a young sapling), I reluctantly agreed (ganbei! ganbei!) for some godamn, benighted reason or other. So it went, and if I may say so, I put up a fairly good losing fight I guess, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that after that fucker got my wrist to the table, for some reason he twisted it as some kinda Chinese 'victory lap,' I guess? (took me a month for my wrist to heal proper)

Needles to say, I was beyond pissed off at that point.
I asked Dr. Chen if he'd ever heard of the fun, Peruvian-American game of "punching each other in the biceps." He hadn't, but enthusiastically agreed to play!

Putting myself in the hands of fate, I told Chen to take his turn first, stood up, and presented my arm. Ah, one more detail-- Dr. Chen is a six-footer who loved to brag about being a health nut, lifting weights and doing aerobic exercise every day, without fail. And he looked it, frankly.

Anyway, here we go--

I stood up there, prepared to get absolutely demolished, eyes squinting, and it turned in to one of the weirdest experiences ever. As in, I felt a slight brush upon my arm, and was told "now it's your turn."

I argued with the 'ref' a bit, and we agreed to have Chen hit my arm again, this time while I watched the whole thing in real time. Honestly, I felt kinda sickened by how... utterly inept he seemed to be, for such a smaque-talker?

Anyway, my turn next (and for whatever reason I have a pretty strong punch for being a little bag of bones, essentially), Chen twisted his body as my punch was coming, deflecting it off his bicep, going straight to his jaw.

That's when I quickly paid the entire cheque (Chen and my friend still owe me, bastards & bitches), US$140, and we quickly hustled in various directions from there. Weirdly, it was my birthday, and it was supposed to be more of a celebration, or what have you.

Side note: Dr Chen was way too proud to go to an American clinic for the resultant hairline fracture in his jaw. So, point of pride, he chose to suffer it through his whole America trip, then have it attended to once he got back to China.

Bloody hell, mate?
wow you knocked him all the way to China !!
Rockem sockem Robots ! There's a BAM table game for you to create !

wow you knocked him all the way to China !!
Rockem sockem Robots ! There's a BAM table game for you to create !
Great, thanks.

As usual, you've been a major help, Bob.

Great, thanks.

As usual, you've been a major help, Bob.
he he , ya I'm a "giver"

@Isaac Sauvage
@Paolo
@GeorgeH
@TerryRed
@NitroNimbus
@AnonTet
@ravarcade
@polygame

Further to Isaac's suggestions I am working on a way to chase Indy with a boulder ball.
I have to figure a way to generate a hit event and have asked Rav for input.

It should be easy but sometimes all the miniplayfield stuff interferes a little.

Basically hit event happens in code when x and y coordinates of the boulder and Indy coincide.

View attachment Boulder.mp4

If you are using a miniplayfield to move Indy.... then just add surfaces or guide walls around him that create hit events. You can have the mp enable physics so that everything will collide while moving. This is what I use in Silent Hill and RetroFlair 2.

' Opponents

Dim Opponent_MP ' Xmin Xmax Ymin Ymax Zmin Zmax CenX CenY CenZ
Set Opponent_MP = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield( 680, 820, 799, 940, -50, 140, 750, 216, 45)

Opponent_MP.collidable = true
Opponent_MP.PhysicsMove = true

If you are using a miniplayfield to move Indy.... then just add surfaces or guide walls around him that create hit events. You can have the mp enable physics so that everything will collide while moving. This is what I use in Silent Hill and RetroFlair 2.

' Opponents

Dim Opponent_MP ' Xmin Xmax Ymin Ymax Zmin Zmax CenX CenY CenZ
Set Opponent_MP = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield( 680, 820, 799, 940, -50, 140, 750, 216, 45)

Opponent_MP.collidable = true
Opponent_MP.PhysicsMove = true
Thanks for the suggestions Terry ! I tried having Indy in an mp but the continuously tilting table throws off the tracking .

The only objects that I have found that I can attach stuff to properly are balls and bulbs /flashers.
I paired the Indy models x and y positions to a non rendered bulb position and then used BAMs setposition command for moving the bulb around the playfield .

You can use the FP Model Editor to create collidable models for various things. If you can attach Indy to a collidable object you can move, maybe that would work?

You can set the collision box, and set if the FP model creates a hit event as well (for those models that FP supports for a Hit event). Maybe a toy could be used?

1630582786430.png

You can use the FP Model Editor to create collidable models for various things. If you can attach Indy to a collidable object you can move, maybe that would work?

You can set the collision box, and set if the FP model creates a hit event as well (for those models that FP supports for a Hit event). Maybe a toy could be used?

View attachment 21642
I think the issue is that our typical tricks don’t completely work when attaching an mp to an mp especially when the mps rotations are changing constantly.

so attaching collidable mps containing hittable objects with physics enabled doesnt reliably seem to work in this instance

I am using 4 swapable playfields that in fp table editor are stacked over the default “table” so there may be limitations when these are grabbed as mps

in billiards I had good success creating events based on ball /object position monitoring

If you are interested I will send the wip

That's what I mean though... if you use a "toy", then you can move it using normal FP move commands... no need for a mp for "that" part. Than maybe Indy can be attached to that moving toy?

I think the only objects that can be moved with bam commands not using mp grabbing are balls , bulbs , flashers and custom 3d models

That's what I mean though... if you use a "toy", then you can move it using normal FP move commands... no need for a mp for "that" part. Than maybe Indy can be attached to that moving toy?
I thought of toys and tried configure a hit event in fp model editor and it didnt work .

although I think rav has created prehits for most table objects now ?

The toy model may not have collisions set or generate hit event enabled, which is why you need to use the FP Model Editor to create / enable that.

Toys do support _Hit events.

1630584447165.png

Also... define a prehit vs a _Hit?

...and how does that work with BAM?

Hmmmm.... yah I can get it to collide with a toy... but its not reporting a _Hit event like you said. There must be a very specific way it needs to be defined for a toy maybe. (or maybe it was a feature that wasn't added yet)

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... yah I can get it to collide with a toy... but its not reporting a _Hit event like you said. There must be a very specific way it needs to be defined for a toy maybe. (or maybe it was a feature that wasn't added yet)
Ya I have tried it without success over the years

Also... define a prehit vs a _Hit?

...and how does that work with BAM?
Bam may predict collisions based on location of objects even if they are not “hittable” and a hit can be predicted

I am away for a few days but Rav suggested this:

Code:
        Dim dX : dX = xBAM.Ball.Position.X - Bulb1Ext.X
        Dim dY : dY = xBAM.Ball.Position.Y - Bulb1Ext.Y
        Dim distToIndy : distToIndy = sqr(dX*dX + dY*dY)
        If distToIndy < 30 Then AddDebugText "Rock Wins!" : PlaySound "Yeah Ha"

It should work perfectly ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back