Cars - Lightning Edition

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Cars - Lightning Edition v1.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
@ludespeedny Any chance you could post a screenshot of your script settings? Also, are you running windowed mode or full screen mode?
Here are my settings, and I used "PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat" to send the "Backglass and fulldmd" to the dummy monitor. Then took the ini file and put it in the pup pack folder (since that config is different from my normal settings).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 9
Unfortunately no luck with 1.2
This is my script settings and here's a video of what the pup pack is doing with and without the dummy monitor.
I have no idea what could be causing the desert ramp model to be showing pitch black like that.

Where do you have pinup player BackGlass and FullDMD displays configured?

@MetaTed
The table is fine. For some reason OBS doesn't capture everything on certain games. As far as my pup display for this table goes, I have it set to monitor 2 which is my dummy monitor.

Thank you for continuing to work on this table, it does look great. I still get an error - line 6605 type mismatch "ballsremaining"

Nice Looking table, works great.
Thanks

So the only way I can get the pup pack to somewhat work is to run BAM in windowed mode with JLou's DMDext set to true in the script, but the speaker grill covers the dmd so I can't see the score.

So the only way I can get the pup pack to somewhat work is to run BAM in windowed mode with JLou's DMDext set to true in the script, but the speaker grill covers the dmd so I can't see the score.
Are you able to reposition the DMD using pixel coordinates in your DmdDevice.ini file so that it aligns with the 1:4 cutout window in the puppack backglass?

1714599062157.png

@MetaTed I tried your dmddevice.ini settings and still no luck. This is what I'm getting. The speaker grill is covering the hud display. I tried turning the hud off as well and no luck there either. I'd really like to get this figured out as it's a neat table and pup pack that my youngest son would love to play.

Attachments

• cars.jpg
    cars.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@MetaTed I tried your dmddevice.ini settings and still no luck. This is what I'm getting. The speaker grill is covering the hud display. I tried turning the hid off as well and no luck there either. I'd really like to get this figured out as it's a neat table and pup pack that my youngest on would love to play.
Try setting both:
Basic_HUD_enabled = true
FP_HUD_Stream_enabled = true

This will keep the "native" FP DMD and HUD frame & simply stream the PUP-pack movie clips into the HUD frame. The PUP-pack "Backglass" (with the speaker grills) should disappear.

Thanks for sticking with it, I hope this solution works for you!

@MetaTed I tried setting them both to true and no luck. The same thing happens as shown in my video that I posted the other day.

@MetaTed here's a screenshot of my script settings.

Attachments

• inbound7899642575829177092.jpg
    inbound7899642575829177092.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 4
Have you re-done your "PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat" to make sure they are set up correct?

@ludespeedny Yep I configured my displays. All of my VPX and my other FP pup packs work great.

You can try my files and see if it works for you, just put all 4 of these in the pup-pack folder. My screen res for both my main and dummy monitor are 2560x1440. Also attached are my FP settings and table settings.

Attachments

• FP_Cars_LE.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks @ludespeedny ! I'll give your setup a try. Although I'll have to change the resolution as my monitor only goes up to 1920x1080.

Attachments

• CarsV1.png
    CarsV1.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 4
  • CarsV2.png
    CarsV2.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 5
  • CarsV3.png
    CarsV3.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 4
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    (AI prompt) describe The Drifters
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, The Drifters are a popular American R&B and soul vocal group that was formed in the 1950s. They are known for their smooth harmonies and catchy melodies, and have produced numerous hit songs over the years. The group has gone through several lineup changes, but their music has remained popular and influential in the world of R&B and soul music. Some of their most famous songs include "Save the Last Dance for Me," "Under the Boardwalk," and "This Magic Moment." The Drifters continue to perform and record music to this day, and their music has had a lasting impact on the music industry.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    The Spinners were great also
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and Free Bally!
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    This tune is in the Blues Brothers movie by Stevie Wonder, here's the better one
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
    (AI prompt) can the The Five Du-Tones be cut to four to save money?
    • Haha
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, It is possible to cut the group from five members to four in order to save money, but it may affect the overall sound and dynamic of the group. It is important to consider the impact that reducing the number of members may have on the group's performance and audience reception before making any decisions.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    Ha, ha, it don't rule it out!
    • Haha
    Reactions: xenonph and Free Bally!
    (AI prompt) WHo is the weakest Du-Tone?
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, It is subjective to determine who the weakest Du-Tone is as strength can vary depending on the situation or context. It is important to remember that each Du-Tone has their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and it is not fair to label any one of them as the weakest.
    • Sad
    zydeco kind is best! Rosie Played!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    politically correct bot
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and Free Bally!
    fudging for what it don't know
    Love Zydeco!
    git it papi git it!
    (AI prompt) Is Toploader a Dutch band?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, No, Toploader is a British band. They are best known for their hit song "Dancing in the Moonlight."
    good to know, bicuit for 'bot
    • Haha
    (AI prompt) Dancing In The Moonlight bands
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, 1. Toploader
    2. King Harvest
    3. Baha Men
    4. Jubel
    5. Thin Lizzy
    6. Van Morrison
    7. Alt-J
    8. The Smashing Pumpkins
    9. Walk the Moon
    10. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
    Thin Lizzy? Would like to hear that
    I need to look, could have it..
    Van Morrison, Van da Man
    (AI prompt) lead singer for the band Belegianettes
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, I'm sorry, but there is no known band called Belegianettes. It seems like a fictional or obscure band. If you can provide more information or details about the band, I can try to help you further.
      ChatGPT @ ChatGPT: @JonPurpleHaze, I'm sorry, but there is no known band called Belegianettes. It seems like a...
      Back