Cars - Lightning Edition

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Cars - Lightning Edition v1.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Gave this a quick test (I'm endlessly busy with MOTU CE). Worked fine here including pup streaming the pup-pack (I ran FP in windowed mode). Well done.

Some great stuff for a first table / pup ... everything, :)

May I pass some recommendations for the pup related stuff?

It would be better to change the pupscreen (you use to play clips) to 5 (which is FullDMD) instead of 9. This is the most common practice, and what most people are now used to. Backglass = 2, FullDMD = 5 (what videos and score are displayed on). It's just a better habit to be in, and also allows the videos to play on a FullDMD 3rd monitor if the player removes the CustomPos entry for that.

1714200684548.png

1714200726868.png

It may be a good idea to use a timer to delay activating pupstream for up to 3 seconds (on table startup), as each PC speed is different, and you want to give the pup-pack a chance to fully start before enabling pupstream, to be sure it can "see" the correct pup displays in their position. It need the pup display to start playing something to work correctly.

You might want to consider adding an option to not start the pup-pack at all in TABLE OPTIONS (PUP_enabled = true), just in case there is a problem for some users (and trying to start the pup-pack may cause them errors). you would need PUP SSF disabled as well.

It may be good to have dof, pup ssf, and the pup-pack not enabled by default, so you can be sure everyone (who doesn't use those features) will be able to still run the table by default. Those who would use these features would want to enable what they want in the table script either way.

For PUPStream, don't restrict it to just desktop mode (xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0). Allow it in all modes. Then you can add an option to show it on the Translite (Backbox) if you want (same way you do for the HUD), and then people can play this in VR and see your pup videos on the backbox in vr too.

Ray Cast Shadows

There is a newer command that properly disables ray cast shadows completely on table startup, no matter the bam menu settings. I'd recommend using this sub in the picture, and then moving use_RayCast_Shadows = true to TABLE OPTIONS to make it easier to enable / disable.

1714201888115.png

Again. Real solid first attempt. Perfect for kids.

Last edited:
Terry, thanks for giving it a spin and for the PUPpack info! Next update I will definitely go with your recommended PUP settings, as I'd like my tables to be as easy to setup/use as possible. Wish I had taken the time earlier to understand the foundations you, Nailbuster and Rav have laid down creating PUP and the plug-in that allows for PUPstream, etc, but such is life!

If anyone has a positive experience playing Cars pinball with their kids, I'd love to hear about it. My initial incentive choosing this theme was to make something my 5-year old could grasp quickly. I'll admit, I got a little carried away in coding, and getting through all 6 "levels" of the game is now quite a challenge, so hopefully there's something for everyone to enjoy!

My kid loves it, but Icannot get the pup to work for desktop. All terry's work well. I'll mess around with it a bit more and see if I can fix it.
Love the concept. And the custom ball is awesome!

Just don't tell your 5-year old there are 6 levels and they will be happy.

Not sure if it helps, but this is my pup result

Attachments

• Cars - Lightning Edition.png
    Cars - Lightning Edition.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Cars - Lightning Edition2.png
    Cars - Lightning Edition2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
Unfortunately it still doesn't work on my single screen desktop. I set the script as per Terry's screenshots as well as the Clips playlist to screen 5 in the pup pack editor as per Terry and still no luck, All I get is a Stream Frame hud that quickly disappears.

same here, looks like it isn't finding the frames it is supposed to be grabbing.

@MetaTed "
I just updated the table with an option to stream the PUPpack from 2nd screen (or dummy monitor I hope) into the main FP screen where the HUD would be. Let me know if it works for you, thanks!"

Unfortunately it doesn't work. All I get is a Stream Frame hud that quickly disappears with no pup videos.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work on my single screen desktop. I set the script as per Terry's screenshots as well as the Clips playlist to screen 5 in the pup pack editor as per Terry and still no luck, All I get is a Stream Frame hud that quickly disappears.

You need to edit all triggers in the pup-pack to also use screen 5 as well. If both the screen and triggers don't match, then nothing will actually play, which also results in the pupstream not working as well, as it needs to "see" the pup display being active to work.

1714249287898.png

1714249301103.png

Not sure if this will show, but I just get a flickering white screen. Like it can't find the screen to send.

Attachments

• unknown_2024.04.27-16.38_1.gif
    unknown_2024.04.27-16.38_1.gif
    43 MB · Views: 6
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really do appreciate it. Next update *should* fix the PUP issues if I am correctly understanding Terry's explanations. Now I just need to find the time to hunker down and implement the changes.

If they only had their PuP FullDMD display (pupscreen5) setup on their second / dummy monitor (what most people use, as that's all that is needed for Pinevent tables with a single screen), then that may explain their problems, as this table was setup by default to look for PupScreen2, which was probably located on their main screen under the FP window.

If I run Fp in windowed mode, the pup works fine, but fails in FS mode. I'll try throwing my fulldmd on my 2nd dummy monitor.
Throwing full dmd to the 2nd monitor didn't do anything, but putting the backglass on the 2nd showed all the videos, just not the overlay frame etc...
Maybe this info can help?
Thanks again for the table!

Last edited:
If I run Fp in windowed mode, the pup works fine, but fails in FS mode. I'll try throwing my fulldmd on my 2nd dummy monitor

Understand, PUP Stream looks for whatever window is configured in the table. So if you never had the pup backglass (pupscreen2) setup on your second screen, then it never would have worked for you (as the pup-pack was setup for pupscreen2).

I would try setting your pup backglass as well as your pup fulldmd to your second / dummy monitor.

Gotcha, I'll try that a bit later!
Yeah, no luck, but as terry pointed out I only use one monitor. I'll use without the pup for now.

Last edited:
Buenas noches, muchas gracias por esta mesa.
Cuando la mesa está a punto de cargar, el futuro pinball se cierra. ¿Tienen alguna seguridad? Utilizo un gabinete.
Gracias y disculpen las molestias.

Last edited:
hi....im geting this layout...no stream.
stream is showing behind the hud.
on exit freezes the pc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-29-24 at 10.46 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-29-24 at 10.46 AM.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 04-29-24 at 10.52 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 04-29-24 at 10.52 AM.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
So that the single screen users understand... you MUST use a second screen, dummy monitor, or fake monitor driver to display the pup-pack on to allow it to be streamed into FP if you want to use that option with FP running in fullscreen. When FP runs in fullscreen it covers all other windows, so you can't have both on the same screen if running FP in fullscreen.

If you run FP in windowed, then you can display both on the same screen (without needing a dummy monitor / fake monitor driver). I have included tools to try to help you out to force FP into a borderless window in the FP and BAM Essrntials AIO, if you want to run FP in windowed with a single screen monitor and a pup-pack (and no dummy / fake monitor). Read the instructions included.

It's a given you also need Pinup Player (PuP) installed and setup for your particular use case, to use pup-packs with FP or VP.

1714381326524.png

Thanks for your work on this. I threw by backglass and full dmd on my dummy monitor and enabled the options in the script and all is good!

Attachments

• Cars - Lightning Edition.png
    Cars - Lightning Edition.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
Thanks for your work on this. I threw by backglass and full dmd on my dummy monitor and enabled the options in the script and all is good!
Awesome, thanks for the update!!

If you are getting an ERROR message when launching DMDext from the table script, open the BAM menu options 'Q' then go into Plugins > COM extensions > Security Level = Same as VPX (don't care)

Unfortunately no luck with 1.2
This is my script settings and here's a video of what the pup pack is doing with and without the dummy monitor.

Attachments

• script.png
    script.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 4
@ludespeedny Any chance you could post a screenshot of your script settings? Also, are you running windowed mode or full screen mode?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    This is from an Elvis movie
    Reactions: xenonph and JonPurpleHaze
    maybe "Fun In Acapulco"?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    (AI prompt) describe an after shave with Aqua in it's name.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Aqua Fresh After Shave is a revitalizing and refreshing post-shave product that leaves your skin feeling cool and hydrated. Infused with a crisp and clean aquatic scent, this after shave soothes any irritation or redness caused by shaving, while also moisturizing and nourishing the skin. The Aqua Fresh After Shave is the perfect finishing touch to your grooming routine, leaving you feeling invigorated and ready to take on the day.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    holy what? it's Shill Bot?
    (AI prompt) Give me a sales pitch for Aqua Bot Shaving Cream
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Introducing Aqua Bot Shaving Cream - the ultimate solution for a smooth and comfortable shave every time. Our unique formula is infused with hydrating ingredients like aloe vera and coconut oil to nourish and protect your skin while you shave. Say goodbye to nicks, cuts, and irritation with our rich and creamy lather that provides a close and clean shave with ease. Experience the refreshing and invigorating scent of Aqua Bot Shaving Cream that will leave you feeling revitalized and ready to take on the day. Upgrade your shaving routine with Aqua Bot and achieve the smoothest shave of your life. Try it now and see the difference for yourself!
    the bot is getting kickbacks! :yikes:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Free Bally! and xenonph
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    ... holy mooly... i feel dirty somehow. Maybe all I need is Velva Bot Loofah Pads
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    they mixed up coconut oil with bot oil
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and Free Bally!
    (AI prompt) the song The Pretzel by the Dellwoods lyrics
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, I'm sorry, but I can't provide the lyrics to the song "The Pretzel" by the Dellwoods as it is copyrighted material. Would you like a summary or analysis of the song instead?
    • Angry
    (AI prompt) top 20 twist songs
    Reactions: xenonph
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, 1. "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles
    2. "Let's Twist Again" by Chubby Checker
    3. "The Twist" by Hank Ballard and The Midnighters
    4. "Twistin' the Night Away" by Sam Cooke
    5. "Twist of Fate" by Olivia Newton-John
    6. "Twist My Hips" by Tim James
    7. "Twistin' USA" by Danny and the Juniors
    8. "Twist and Shout" by The Isley Brothers
    9. "Twist of the Magi" by She & Him
    10. "Twistin' the Blues" by Buddy Guy
    11. "Twistin' the Night Away" by Rod Stewart
    12. "Twist and Crawl" by The Beat
    13. "Twist and Shout" by The Mamas & The Papas
    14. "Twist and Crawl" by The Str
    oh hey, this one is from a collection of singles off the Swan label in the early 60s
    Reactions: xenonph and JonPurpleHaze
    they're a lot of fun, regional hits but never get played these days because they never hit national charts
    (AI prompt) what city was home to Swan Records label?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    this is a nutzo Japanese girl band
    • Wow
    • Haha
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze and xenonph
    (AI prompt) Can the band the B52's do the song Bomb The Twist?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, No, the song "Bomb The Twist" was actually performed by The 5.6.7.8's, a Japanese rock band, not by The B-52's.
    bad 'bot, "Bomb The Twist" was a cover of a 60's song
      Free Bally! @ Free Bally!: bad 'bot, "Bomb The Twist" was a cover of a 60's song
      Back