Bally Solved Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992) Where are the memory batteries located?

bmf2001

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
I need to replace the memory batteries in my CFTBL, all the setting get reset when I turn the machine off.

Where are the batteries located?

Thank you!

Batteries will be located inside the backbox, (scoreboard). Should be on the left hand side on the MPU board. Should be 3 or 4 AA Batteries.

Thanks Spalmer.

I did find the batteries and they were corroded on the bottom so I cleaned the connections and put fresh batteries in but that didn't work. I believe all the batteries (3) were + end up so I now I assume the battery holder needs to be replaced. Would you agree or do you think I put the batteries in wrong?

I would replace the battery holder. I recommend getting one from Radio Shack that you can mount to the backbox and not back on the board. Haveing the battery holders attached to the board is problematic at best. Corrosion is a common problem that could lead to permenent damage to the MPU board.

Spalmer -

Is installing a battery holder on the backbox something that someone with no experience with working on a pinball machine can do? Where could I find instructions?

Thanks again!

Here's what you do: locate the + and - where it goes into the board. Unsolder connections and pull off battery case, usually only held on by the soldered connection, but sometimes has a zip tie holding it on. Take the battery case to Radio Shack- if the old one has 3 batteries get a new one that holds 3. The reason being 3=4.5 volts 4 batteries=6volts. Resolder new connections to the board + to +,- to-. Attach the battery case any way you can zip tie,double stick tape to the side of the board or cabinet. If you want to extend the wires so you can mount it any where you can. Usually the soldering is not too delicate on these connections, but it's only 2 wires. I used to service games for my dad's buisness so I've done this before (since I was about 14).:wave:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: bud_666nir has left the room.
      Back