BAM Demonstrate how you are all using BAM on your tables

Sounds cool Shiva. I'd like to try it when you are done.

I think everyone might be stunned when they see it. Because of the nature of fp, it has very bad math attached to the flipper physics. As a happy little accident, I may have found a math code in my omega that apparently defeats that too extreme code, and makes fp shoot the ball at far more realistic angles, at the expense of omega, while using FP's built in (bad) weight when the ball is on the flipper. In other words. I no longer need walls or timers to modify the ball angle off the flippers, the new code is pretty close at doing that instead.

It's very hard to wrap my head over how this plays, so use to FP for 15 years and their faulty math and horrbile flash quality flipper physics, and how my new flipper code plays is so strange in comparison because everything is slower depending on contact point. Have to grab a video of a bally game playing to check the speeds and behaviors, if I do, I will make a video tonight, so you can all see the effect in comparison to shivaFlipper/dynamic flippers.

Will be very cool to see where this goes.

Being able to have more than just simple on/off flippers will be a big deal for FP.

The other big thing I notice for FP is that the very last 15% of the flipper tip tends to shoot very wide. Like you said, I'm so used to it now that I play the game's knowing that. When I goto a real pin or VPX I need to adjust again. :)

Ok,...this is another example of what Bam (thanks to Rav) is capable of doing...... It's a vertical Miniplayfield :cool:

This is the original game for "Nintendo 8 bit",

This is for FP, the next one that I will publish here in PN:)
View attachment 12374-1341d707cb3b89c38b5b66b9de70ceb6.mp4

Here is the direct link to the MP function explanation (by Gimli Tutorial) -------> https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?threads/bam-feature-how-to-guides.19601/#post-120548

Last edited:
Very cool wild.

The only downside is that the vertical playfield won't display on the backglass if it's displayed on a second screen (cabinets). :(

Very cool Paolo!

The only downside is that the vertical playfield won't display on the backglass if it's displayed on a second screen (cabinets). :(

Terry, I don't have a clear idea about a second monitor, but I'm sure some other solution could be found

I don't know, move the VMP, or shrink it and put it somehow inside the main playfield, to say something, but if I had clear ideas about the second monitor, I'm sure maybe a soluzpne could be found, we could ask to Bob, he also has a cabinet, maybe he could have some other solution

F-14 Tomcat (Ultimate Pro) - PinEvent: Awesome new Beacon and RGB Lighting Update.

After a bit of a break (for rearranging my house and visiting family)...

Here is a demo of the new Beacon and RGB Lighting I added to my PinEvent mod for F-14 Tomcat Ultimate Pro. This looks really slick with animated RGB effects combined with the realistic beacon lighting (using a BAM mini playfield)!

I first show the original table's lighting, then I show the updated table so you can see the big difference between them (as well as the PinEvent PuP and PuPDMD mod).

I also added a new 4K playfield image (thanks to ganjafarmer) and added new playfield insert gems to the image to allow for the RGB Lighting to work. Then I added decals on top of each insert in the FP Editor.

Lots of work for both the PinEvent mod and the new table updates...but the result looks great I think!

It looks nice! The Pin Event adds a lot although when the fighter first started, I thought a video game started. There are so many colors of lights that it is almost distracting. It is cool though.

I've got almost 1000 addressable leds surrounding my playfield screen in my cabinet, multiple video screens, a shaker motor and blower fan. Nothing is too distracting for me. :)

RetroFlair 2 - EPIC Gamez N Tunes

Preview Video featuring Table features and the entire Tron EPIC Gamez mode.

Finally...the first preview of my EPIC sequel to ROM's classic FP table. Be prepared to have your jaw drop as you have never seen virtual pinball like this! This features the most EPIC Tron pinball game ever made... with a surprise "BIG" ending!

Get yourself some popcorn, get comfy.... and watch the entire video from start to finish.

I don't want to say too much and spoil the MANY cool moments you will see. I show the entire Tron mode playthrough non-stop... and its one EPIC moment after another.

This was a real work of passion to try things I've always wanted to do, and also show what can be done in digital pinball with a little imagination and time. This table is using many of BAM's latest features, as well as using the new "TerryRed texture animation" method I came up with that is used throughout the table. Combined with FP-BAM's amazing dynamic lighting, this makes for stunning visuals.

I've always wanted to do my own table and also my own version of a Tron pinball game and here it is.. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks go out to those who contributed resources:

SLAMT1LT - (Tron sounds and music and inspiration from his excellent Tron tables)
Wild - (Tron disc conversion)
Schreibi34 - (for his gorgeous insert jewel images)
Rom - (for the original RetroFlair table, ghost / lightcycle / lightjet models)
Gimli, GeorgeH, Wild Steve Paradis, shiva and others at Pinball Nirvanna for support
ravarcade - for the amazing BAM that continues to evolve and allows imagination to drive pinball creation and unique experiences

Keep an eye out... there are more EPIC Gamez to come!

RetroFlair 2 - "Behind the Scenes". A visual showcase of how all the magic happens! (Future Pinball)

Wow! Thanks for all the praise I've been seeing for my first preview video for RetroFlair 2. As a result, I decided to do a unique video that "shows" you how it all works behind the scenes in "real-time". I demonstrate how I use BAM's many features to create and do all the cool things you see (without being too technical), and how I brought Tron to life in a pinball game like you've never seen before.

Note: the stutters seen in the video from about 24:00 to 40:00'ish are a result of the Youtube video conversion. :(

Normal gameplay is silky smooth with no stutters.

Everything is bookmarked for quick reference:

Introduction - 0:00
Inspiration and motives - 2:04
Lighting - 3:01
Texture Animations - 6:01
Inserts - 7:34
Table Misc Features - 9:54
BAM Custom Models, Animated Characters - 13:11
BAM Mini Playfields - 15:39
Magna-Portal 20:23
TRON Epic Gamez mode - 24:26
Disc Wars - 33:16
Animated Character Opponent Targets - 36:54
LightCycle Battle - 38:39
LightJet Battle - 46:00
Tron Classic - 50:58
Closing Thoughts - 57:26

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back