Gottlieb Solved Duotron (Gottlieb, 1974) - not starting up

ringram

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Duotron
I have a Gottlieb Duotron, EM pinabll. Recently, when powering on, the rest motor on the bottom of the machine does not stop turning.

This did it before. I shut it off and didn't touch it for over a month. I tried it again, and it worked fine. Now, it's starting to do it again.

This is when I turn on the machine. Not when I press the start button on the front. It doesn't get that far.

if it was me, first thing i'd try is manually triggering the various relays in the bottom of the cabinet. use a ruler or chopstick or something so you don't get a shock. if you're lucky, you'll jump the machine in to 'resting' mode.

but as an EM owner you should really read up on the various issues with switches, relays, etc.

on a machine with regular usage, usually you just need to find the switch that corroded or lost alignment. here's a popular internet guide:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

takes me back to the mid-90's when i used to own the 4-player version of your machine and a couple other EM's. got them all working again after years of non-use. fun times...

Got it to work. There was a dirty contact in the score motor.

Solution
Hi Ringram, I have the same machine doing the same problem. where is the score motor can you take a photo please
Rob

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back