Bally Solved Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition (Bally, 1982) Stumped - Switch Matrix, Targets, Etc..

nwkadm

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
EBD
Sorry for another post but I am stumped. I have the following issues that I cannot figure out or know where else to look.

The 2x, 3x & 4x (3x & 4x are intermittent) targets will drop when hit but will not reset each time they are supposed to. They will also not register the 2x, 3x, 4x lights near the flippers when they drop (3x & 4x sometimes will work). I have looked up the playfield and the solenoid expander light does not light (bulb is good). I have measured all diodes on switch matrix and what I can find under playfield and all appear good (.9 one direction and .5 the other).

I do not know where else to look or go. I have tried looking for broken wires and see none. I have looked over the schematic for the playfield and it seems greek to me.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Sorry for another post but I am stumped. I have the following issues that I cannot figure out or know where else to look.

The 2x, 3x & 4x (3x & 4x are intermittent) targets will drop when hit but will not reset each time they are supposed to. They will also not register the 2x, 3x, 4x lights near the flippers when they drop (3x & 4x sometimes will work). I have looked up the playfield and the solenoid expander light does not light (bulb is good). I have measured all diodes on switch matrix and what I can find under playfield and all appear good (.9 one direction and .5 the other).

I do not know where else to look or go. I have tried looking for broken wires and see none. I have looked over the schematic for the playfield and it...

I do not know where else to look or go. I have tried looking for broken wires and see none. I have looked over the schematic for the playfield and it seems greek to me.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Bad Connections, plugs or contacts...? Those targets won't reset if the machine can't read them down. Those are regular switches, not opto's, right? Does working those contacts by hand during switch edges testing or cleaning them help ?

Solution
SOLVED - Adjusting the switches has corrected the issue with the 2x,3x,4x,and 5x targets - Thanks so much for the pictures and responses - YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again
Joe S.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back