Future Pinball and BAM Essentials - All in One - COMPLETE

BAM FP Future Pinball and BAM Essentials - All in One - COMPLETE 2.4

No permission to download
Future Pinball
I download ver 2.3 of the All-In-One and tested it on Aliens Legacy. The DMD comes up but I cannot get the text to show up

I download ver 2.3 of the All-In-One and tested it on Aliens Legacy. The DMD comes up but I cannot get the text to show up

Make sure you are using the correct FP video settings for the mode you are playing. If you have arcade mode enabled, but not the Backbox, then the DMD won't show text. They both must be enabled or both must be disabled.

Use the "Start FP" bat files to launch FP with the correct settings needed for the mode / features you are using.

hello, I would like to better understand how to make the 'pup_ssf' sounds work on future pinball. For the moment I am using the FP_PUP_SSF file which works well. My problem is that I don't understand how to edit the file to have the correct sound position if I add elements like a kicker at the top left. I would normally use the trigger id and the position in Counter. But I see nothing of that in FP_PUP_SSF and yet its function??? I missed an episode.

hello, I would like to better understand how to make the 'pup_ssf' sounds work on future pinball. For the moment I am using the FP_PUP_SSF file which works well. My problem is that I don't understand how to edit the file to have the correct sound position if I add elements like a kicker at the top left. I would normally use the trigger id and the position in Counter. But I see nothing of that in FP_PUP_SSF and yet its function??? I missed an episode.

This would be better posted in the AIO Example Table topic.

PUP SSF only works with Pinup Player installed, and with FP you would use my pinmechsound command and code.

1708532979872.png

When using the AIO Example table's code with FP, the pinmechsound command in the table script does all the work for you in determining the sound position used for PUP SSF (based on fp_item position) and the sound to be played (for both PUP SSF or with FP's Playsound, whichever is enabled).

The FP_PUP_SSF does nothing except load all the sounds into Pinup Player to be used from the table script. So you do not edit FP_PUP_SSF at all.

thanks Terry OK, I understand now. I had a hard time but now I can do it with a cab version eventually.

Last edited:
Make sure you are using the correct FP video settings for the mode you are playing. If you have arcade mode enabled, but not the Backbox, then the DMD won't show text. They both must be enabled or both must be disabled.

Use the "Start FP" bat files to launch FP with the correct settings needed for the mode / features you are using.
Thanks Terry, that was it. Guess I wasn't using the correct Start FP. Now for the scripting in Pinup Popper

Is there anywhere an explanation what the performance metrics I get with F9 really mean?
FPS is obvious and the number in brackets is the average FPS since loading the game.
Tri's is something with rendered triangels and Physics something with the script execution but how to interpret the values.
f value, no clue.
dT is a large negative number that gets bigger (towards 0) with more demanding tables. I assume it is the time between the end of rendering and start of displaying a frame. Aka the free time left. But that is only speculation.

Is there anywhere an explanation what the performance metrics I get with F9 really mean?
FPS is obvious and the number in brackets is the average FPS since loading the game.
Tri's is something with rendered triangels and Physics something with the script execution but how to interpret the values.
f value, no clue.
dT is a large negative number that gets bigger (towards 0) with more demanding tables. I assume it is the time between the end of rendering and start of displaying a frame. Aka the free time left. But that is only speculation.

Not that I know of. Would be best to post that in it's own topic and ask ravaracde.

You are welcome to add the registry updates I describe in the following link to your essentials files if desired. I use the BAM right click context and double click ability every day. You can make changes if you wish. In fact, I don't use the "Open OrigFP" option so it should probably be deleted. I don't know if there would be any adverse effects on a cabinet install so you might want to test it first.

I got some feedback on your written guide from someone. The written guide does not say to completely remove the Future Pinball section from the Windows Registry before step 6 if you have FP installed. Apparently it is in the video.

The guide and video are specific to using "this" AIO package.

The guide and video does not tell anyone to remove anything from the registry as part of an update or a "new" install (when using the AIO package). There is no reason to.

If someone is updating their current FP install, they have no reason to remove the registry settings at all.

If someone never used an installer ever (and only installed this AIO package), then there is no reason to remove registry settings.

If someone only installed this AIO package, then they can move FP where they want. No need to remove registry settings (if they added file associations manually, then its on them to change whatever they did).

If someone wants to move FP to a new location, and they used an installer previously from rav or the FP installer, then they should know that they need to "uninstall" the previous install in windows like normal if they wish to do that properly (the same as you need to do with any other Windows app or game that used an installer).

The only mention I make for removing the FP main settings in the registry (in any guide or video), is if someone for whatever reason wanted to start fresh with FP video / editor / gamepad, etc settings, then they could remove those settings. It's not a requirement for installing this AIO package, or using any REG files, etc.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back