Future Pinball Information

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Black posted some interesting details about FP, and it might be bad news for those of us on dial-up connections. The initial download, as it stands now, will be approximately 40 MB, which will include a library of objects for making FP tables. FP tables might not be as bloated in size as some of us have speculated, since FP will have built in compression for most if not all the graphics, such as jpg files.

The 40 MB file size won't keep me from trying to download FP, but I have had problems in the past with huge file sizes, and on dial-up 40MB is huge. I posted a suggestion that the library be split into smaller size files, but unless there would be a lot of requests for that, I don't know it it would happen, and of course don't know if it could happen. I didn't post this to start another "FP bash or praise" go round, but simply to provide the latest information.

John

John

Look into using a download manager. I use Fresh Download. It works well for me.

Tom

40 MB is still a huge file on download
I think the biggest I have done is 25

It would be quicker for me to go and visit a Future Pinball partner and pick up the disc :s

ValamirCleaver said:
John

Look into using a download manager. I use Fresh Download. It works well for me.

Tom

I already use a download manager. There's one built into Opera, but still, 40 MB on dial-up can be a rough chore. But I'll give it a try. I like TMFP's idea, if they have any in the beginning.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back