Support File Future Pinball Vital Links

Scraping the content of GoPinball i think it would take a lot of time because there is many years that have been into the website. Many peoples has posted into Gopinball, there are things that are still good into the website; there are things that are not as junk/spam. I think it would need a lot of experimented peoples also.

Me what i wanted to do at Gopinball, (putting my hands into when i have time). Is simply check all the postings, and when i say all i mean start from the section "Welcome", after "General Discussion", after "Side Project", after "Faq and Help" and so on. That when i see some spam (if i have the authorizations, mostly i lack some knowledges but can learn), simply take out the post by clicking some (example: "posting delete button"). Brief to make Gopinball more clean.

What would be needed is that the admins, make not possible to subscribe; this "i think" could slow spams (but i'm no expert). Brief no account could be added, because there could be some robots that auto-subscribe, then post many junks into. Still i wonder if those suggestions could help clean Gopinball?

When all clean, that some peoples could then do a background copy of Gopinball. There is many things i think that is needed to help Gopinball. But do peoples want to take some time to do, and have the experiences/knowledges to do? Do peoples have time, beside there ways of life (groceries, work, pay bills, etc.)? If i'm correct as i think you have said, it's like being into some librarie into a haunted house; peoples not touching the books.

Don't disagree Nic. As I am part of this site, I have to be diplomatic, especially since we have such a wide range of communities and people here. You have to tip toe through a minefield, especially with the vp community.

If I wasn't part of this site, then I could say what I feel, like some people run around like little disney princesses and make dramatic statements without contributing, among other things like over reacting when a very calm talk will fix any issues far better. Alas, I am part of the site so I can't do that, no matter how much I really, really want to. :)

Scraping the content of GoPinball i think it would take a lot of time because there is many years that have been into the website. Many peoples has posted into Gopinball, there are things that are still good into the website; there are things that are not as junk/spam. I think it would need a lot of experimented peoples also.

Me what i wanted to do at Gopinball, (putting my hands into when i have time). Is simply check all the postings, and when i say all i mean start from the section "Welcome", after "General Discussion", after "Side Project", after "Faq and Help" and so on. That when i see some spam (if i have the authorizations, mostly i lack some knowledges but can learn), simply take out the post by clicking some (example: "posting delete button"). Brief to make Gopinball more clean.

What would be needed is that the admins, make not possible to subscribe; this "i think" could slow spams (but i'm no expert). Brief no account could be added, because there could be some robots that auto-subscribe, then post many junks into. Still i wonder if those suggestions could help clean Gopinball?

When all clean, that some peoples could then do a background copy of Gopinball. There is many things i think that is needed to help Gopinball. But do peoples want to take some time to do, and have the experiences/knowledges to do? Do peoples have time, beside there ways of life (groceries, work, pay bills, etc.)? If i'm correct as i think you have said, it's like being into some librarie into a haunted house; peoples not touching the books.
Obviously GoPinball needs a deep-cleaning, but that's almost certainly never going to happen. AFAIK it's a waste of time to even talk about at this point.

I doubt that scraping GoPinball would take a lot of time. The issues far as I know would be bandwidth and storage space. It would probably help if someone wanted to do some preliminary tests on that, getting a sense of how big the GoPinball forums (plus attachments) actually is.

Scraping is just one approach, though. My point is that some kind of effort is worth making. Any long-time GoPinball user with a bit of FP knowledge and experience could help out on such a project, I reckon.

Personally, if I was a long time GoPinball user / author, I'd do a couple searches right now and spend a few minutes grabbing whatever I thought might have value. Another day I'd do a little more work when I had the time. Later, after I'd built up some decent FP resources, I'd begin reaching out to authors, asking permission about hosting the stuff here. If no author response, I'd think about uploading to Archive.Org or a torrent. In these ways, others could contribute as well without duplicating efforts.

Seems to me like all it would take is a small handful of people working on the project for GoPinball's resources to be a lot less precarious.

Anyway, I think I've just about said my piece on this stuff. Me, I'm working on several of my own archival projects, and don't expect to get involved in this one.

Archiving things that are good from Gopinball is a good thing, just in case if one day Gopinball stop existing. That's why my free pdf guides, i have hosted it on my google drive; and give the links to who ever want to see it, and download it free. It's been many years i am a member of Gopinball, i think maybe 12 years ago. There was not much categories in Gopinball at the time, BAM section at the time even did not exist. There was no Unity 3D pinball, no Zedpinball mod, no Pinball FX2 and others on Gopinball. I can say that i have seen, to some point Gopinball grow trough the years.

I can say that Pinballnirvana is on the correct path's, as long as the peoples maintain it great. So it dont have some junk/spams like Gopinball had fiew years ago. I can also say that the world of pinball's is not deaad. At the time of the 60s-80s many bar (not talking about salad-bar) had at leass 1 or 2 pinball machines. In the 90s peoples lost interrest of pinball's, some of them had think that the pinball's was lost for ever. But time has proven that pinball's is still there and gonna survive for many years. So i can say that i think that Pinballnirvana can be "as the title subjecct here" a (vital link) into the pinball world also. So i do hope that nothing bad happen here, as bad things had happen on Gopinball

Me i accept as an author that peoples link to my free pdf guides, what ever Futurepinball website it is; as long as that the website dont have offending contents and dont offend or do bad things. Archiving things on Gopinball is quite a very big task. Because there is near 15 years of content into, if i'm correct Gopinball has started in 2008. I have archived fiew things trough the years of FP and Gopinball for my self. There is some demo files, some librarie files, some templates files, some utility files. I have forgotten who have givin me theses, i think maybe Gimli, Sebek, BetaTester, Oliver, and others trough the years; that i have archived. Like: (Librarie - Arcade cab texture pack), (Librarie - DMD interface for FP), (Demo - True Dot Matrix Demo v1), (Template - PowerBumper), (Utility - FP tools), (Utility - FPM Editor), (Utility - Futurepinball FrontEnd), (Utility FutureDMD), etc. Maybe things that are not good anymore, because of the operating system and system related things. Still i have fiew things, trough the years. When i think of it, as some peoples had told me; trough the years i'm getting older lolll.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back