GeytKeyCode(NudgeUpKey)

For Pinscape or other controllers in cabinets... the "analogue nudge" functions in FP are typically mapped to gamepad x and y axis. The accelerometer of the pinscape board acts like a floating gamepad analogue thumbstick. The harder you push the cabinet in a specific direction, the more the ball is moved in that direction in FP. This function has no effect on any tilt warnings (VP acts in a similar way).

The TILT BOB is a separate floating device that has a ring around it. So if you nudge too hard in any direction, then the tilt bob touches the metal ring and acts as a button. That button function is what I added to PinEvent V2 settings, and also the new code I add to each table. When that Tilt Bob key is activated, then it registers a tilt warning in FP.

So the nudging is dynamically controlled by the force of the player which determines how far the ball will move. The Tilt Bob is what restricts how hard you can do it without getting a tilt warning.

The Pinball Arcade wasn't designed for cabinets... so its controls are more designed for console players / gamepads with thumbsticks. Same goes with Pinball FX. They both work fine for gamepads... but not so great for proper cabinet setups when it comes to nudge / tilt.

For Pinscape or other controllers in cabinets... the "analogue nudge" functions in FP are typically mapped to gamepad x and y axis. The accelerometer of the pinscape board acts like a floating gamepad analogue thumbstick. The harder you push the cabinet in a specific direction, the more the ball is moved in that direction in FP. This function has no effect on any tilt warnings (VP acts in a similar way).
Interesting ok
I didn't know fp had any dynamic nudging
That’s what I was missing
The TILT BOB is a separate floating device that has a ring around it. So if you nudge too hard in any direction, then the tilt bob touches the metal ring and acts as a button. That button function is what I added to PinEvent V2 settings, and also the new code I add to each table. When that Tilt Bob key is activated, then it registers a tilt warning in FP.

So the nudging is dynamically controlled by the force of the player which determines how far the ball will move. The Tilt Bob is what restricts how hard you can do it without getting a tilt warning.

The Pinball Arcade wasn't designed for cabinets... so its controls are more designed for console players / gamepads with thumbsticks. Same goes with Pinball FX. They both work fine for gamepads... but not so great for proper cabinet setups when it comes to nudge / tilt.
Nice thanks

I suppose VR users could create a mincab with pinscape and a tilt bob if they wanted this functionality

Yes, many VR players create what's called a PinStubby.

1685053679035.png

It's just a big controller in a box, with whatever they add. Can be SSF, tilt bob, pinscape, leaf switches, etc

Some use this standing in front of a TV as its on pinball legs (the TV can also be used for desktop mode)... some only use it with VR.

It's just a big controller in a box, with whatever they add. Can be SSF, tilt bob, pinscape, leaf switches, etc

Some use this standing in front of a TV as its on pinball legs (the TV can also be used for desktop mode)... some only use it with VR.
I imagine some cab users haven’t installed pinscape and tilt bobs and just use keypresses

I imagine some cab users haven’t installed pinscape and tilt bobs and just use keypresses

Many just use buttons for nudging the same as a desktop user with a keyboard / gamepad. My fullsize cabinet is so big and heavy, I tend to use buttons more often for nudging now.

Many just use buttons for nudging the same as a desktop user with a keyboard / gamepad. My fullsize cabinet is so big and heavy, I tend to use buttons more often for nudging now.
If I keep testing the Miniplayfield Nudge would one “easing” mode be preferred ?

I honestly wouldnt use it. I actually like how FP's digital nudge works... and I don't use thumbsticks for analogue nudge.... and I wouldn't use the mp approach on my releases as I know it will have issues with some of them (and its more work for something i dont want to use).

I honestly wouldnt use it. I actually like how FP's digital nudge works... and I don't use thumbsticks for analogue nudge.... and I wouldn't use the mp approach on my releases as I know it will have issues with some of them (and its more work for something i dont want to use).
I expected that, I was just wondering about easing

I think Shiva built a model of the same free-swinging pendulum surrounded by a metal ring that can be used on FP. I don't know if it would help you or not:

I've been toying with a similar idea to make a generator for nudge sounds.

I would need to use a timer as it makes too many nudge sounds, like a chorus effect.

You are a cab user. How do you use digital nudge? With buttons?

You are a cab user. How do you use digital nudge? With buttons?

Yes, with buttons. My controller is a hacked up xbox 360 gamepad, and I have the dpad wired directly to my nudge buttons. The plunger is wired directly to one of the thumbstick's potentiometer, for analogue plunger control.

If I want to do more than that for nudge, I use my Pinscape setup and tilt bob. That said.... since my stroke and heart surgery, I haven't used the cabinet much in the last 1.5 years.

Last edited:
I use shiva's solution in Cosmic Princess Like I mentioned before. Just copy/paste the whole thing from the left of the table if I recall correctly :)

I think you'll also need a timer... again, need to look at that as I don't remember and you have to import invisible textures (one of them at least) and I have some Terry's code to make the captive ball transparent too because you don't want to see any of that system while playing :)

I use shiva's solution in Cosmic Princess Like I mentioned before. Just copy/paste the whole thing from the left of the table if I recall correctly :)

I think you'll also need a timer... again, need to look at that as I don't remember and you have to import invisible textures (one of them at least) and I have some Terry's code to make the captive ball transparent too because you don't want to see any of that system while playing :)

You could also just hide it under the apron.

Tried that. Somehow I failed at the time. Plus I recall it not working so well for some reason, althoutg that could've been due to calibration. I can't remember.

I see this is about nudge and keycodes,
Is there a way in fp script to send a keycode to the program. For instance when left flipper ois pressed it send the F2 keycode to the program and executes whatever is assigned to that keycode

Like if I wanted to make bam menu open (q key) every time
the ball hit a certain trigger, is that possible?
Maybe SendKeycode = keycode for Q

Never heard of it. And why you'd want that if I may ask. I'm really curious!

that was anexample
Lets say I want scrolling 2 OR F4 mode and when Its multiball it changes to full view 2 or f2, YES I KNOW how to do this with xbam.Camera from way backwhen I was asking about camera views. I hadnt thought of this approach when I first asked and was curious if it could be done. No biggie, I checked the extracted fp.dll and I didnt see anthing about Send keycode option in the procedure classes and measures, nor in bam.dll

Yes, with buttons. My controller is a hacked up xbox 360 gamepad, and I have the dpad wired directly to my nudge buttons. The plunger is wired directly to one of the thumbstick's potentiometer, for analogue plunger control.

If I want to do more than that for nudge, I use my Pinscape setup and tilt bob. That said.... since my stroke and heart surgery, I haven't used the cabinet much in the last 1.5 years.
I used tiny mercury switches on some strong wire for adjustment, works pretty well to send a keypress anyways.

tilt bob and mercury switch

Attachments

• tiltbob.jpg
    tiltbob.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
  • mercuryswitch.jpg
    mercuryswitch.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 2
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back