BAM GI inconsistency

fastdraw

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
afm mm cv
why does light pass through the mini-PF?
how to cure it

Attachments

• uu.jpg
    uu.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hi fastdraw,
Right click on the bulb and choose "send to back" can fix the problem, cheers!

Done
but the problem persists
yet above the bulb, there is a first plastic and above the plastic, there is the mini pf....
Never mind

That's odd!! Maybe try turning off render bulb and see what happens.
I have had similar issues and it is an easy fix, I just can't remember exactly how to do it, cheers!

I had a problem like that on the slingshots of "Road Girls". Each slingshot has 2 plastics stacked at different heights on top of each other. I set the transparency of the upper plastic to 2 steps lower than the max. Try setting the tansnparency of your miniplayfield 2 steps lower. It doesn't seem like it would work but it did on "Road Girls".

...Or try changing it so there is only one surface above the light and then NitroNimbus's suggestion of sending the bulb to back will probably work.

Last edited:
@georges
I tried but the problem persists
I will go through shadows map bam should be able to solve the problem.
by reducing the values of the bulbs.

by default , the values are :
xBAM.ShadowMap "bulb1", 1000 , 1 , 2.5, 1, 1.5, 0.15, 0.15

Did you try changing it so only one surface is above the light and sending the bulb to back? I have done that many times and it works.

yes I have respected the hierarchy, I still do.
bulb back, surface front and minipf front (the minipf is declared playfield and not surface, so no possibility of transparency)

Hi fastdraw,
You might have sorted this out by now, but if not.
Try clicking the bulb and ticking Ordered Hallow Glow, I replicated your problem and this fixed it for me, cheers!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back