FP GoPinball & PinSimDB: the end is coming

Future Pinball
It's teh same i've found... but it's for pinmame 3.5 that it is still beta. I'll let you know if I can use them... when this finishes... this decade :D

If you check the "whatsnewVPM.txt" that is in your VPinMAME folder, it will show what is new for 3.5 version.

Version 3.5 (XX XXth, 2022) - ""
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The double size DMD setting was replaced by a more general scaling factor (for legacy reasons the value '1' also means 2x though, so use '0' to disable the scale)

- Add 'ROMName' to COM-API to get the internal game name if an alias is used

**********************************************************************************

And if you check the "whatsnew.txt" that is in your VPinMAME folder, you will see this...

Version 3.5 (XX XXth, 2022) - ""
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More gracefully handle parsing errors in invalid altsound CSV files to avoid crashes

Updated LISY support to 5.28-41 (Linux for Gottlieb System1 & System80, Bally, Atari, Williams and 'HOme' Pinballs)

Updated to zlib 1.2.12

VS2022 build support

*** CORE/CPU ***
Better handle flickering lamps on Sega/Stern Whitestar machines
Fix sound command parsing for more (all?) Sega/Stern Whitestar machines, so altsound mode 1 should work much better now for these, incl. global volume control parsing
Add global volume control parsing for altsound mode 1 on the older WPCs (i.e. non-DCS)
Fix sound commander issues (missing 2nd part of command) for the WPC89 sound board
New WPC95 machine type: Phantom Haus with a special 128x64 DMD! (see https://www.flipprojets.fr/PhantomHaus_EN.php)

*** ROM SUPPORT *** Thanks to inkochnito, Guru, Victor Fernandez (City Game), Flipprojets.fr (François & Thierry Davroux)
New:
Stern: S.A.M. IV Board Tester
Williams: Phantom Haus 0.4 (Prototype)

Correct Dumps:

Clones:
Airborne 1.5
MAC's Galaxy (blue version)
World Cup Soccer LX-1
Wipe Out rev. 2 (alternate set)

This 3.5 collection will work on 3.4 VPinMAME. Minus what is shown above.

Lets see. Only thing i've ever updated was teh vp version... today i've found pinmame 3.5 so downloaded 3 or 4 files from github. backed up current folder and extracted everything and ran the setup.exe.

old roms work fine but i've found this 3.5 set so i decided it was worth a shot. Also don't know jack colour dmd's or alt_sound but i'll get there.

1st the rom set has to download... sometime this decade :cuss:

3.5 ... It's maybe time for me to update my 2.1 version... :whistle:

Well... Just took ~10h to dload. I needed some sleep anyway :D

Called the new pinmame version and audited teh roms... So I think it is ok... right?

Some are because coloured roms and I think 3 are missing. There are a quite a few "NO good dump found" or "Needs redump" in the audit details but nothing new.

I'll keep my old stuff for a while but all tables I tried to load had no problems what so ever (PS I only play VPX tables so anything below that... I have no idea if it works or not)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-26 095234.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-26 095234.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 29
I do have a nice collection but i don't know if it is a near complete one so i'll take that.

I've found one for pinmame 3.5 at AO but... who knows if it'll work on pinmame 3.4 (trying to update to 3.5)

I'm using that one with the latest VP table set (fixed) and haven't encountered any errors or non working ones so I think yes it works

Hola Alex lamento todo lo sucedido, en tu vida privada. Espero puedas salir adelante, con salud y esfuerzo. Ya perdí la cuenta de cuando los conocí y comencé a jugar al Pinball , despues de joven. pero es el que más me divierte y el realismo. Menos mal, que aun me quedaron mesas en mi respaldo. Me enteré del cierre, es decir , que no estaba más el servidor porque quería entrar y me decía no se puede acceder a este sitio Web y llegue hasta aca en busca de una respuesta, ya que si me enviaron un Email nunca me entere. Espero que de alguna forma pueda encontrar mas mesas de Pinball, del sitio. tu dime si es posible? Pondré como favorito este lin para cuando me envíes una respuesta. Gracias y mucha suerte!! Saludos :wave:

colorization for virtual pinball is quite a mess in VPU, can someone have something to share which makes more sense ?

colorization for virtual pinball is quite a mess in VPU, can someone have something to share which makes more sense ?

Try Dr. Who. There are only 4 colors but I think it looks good and not very difficult to set up:

I think he means a set of .pov files for VP tables instead of adjusting each table accordingly.

Problem is everyone has different tastes regarding POV and that starts with one's height as it influences how we look to our screen on a cab. But even playing in desktop taste the ratio of the screen and its orientation makes it impossible to have a "preset" let alone a pack/collection of pov files.

Of course, I was wrong before so feel anyone free to correct me

Dr. Who is a FP table. If you don't like the standard views on FP, you can use the Static Cam menu in BAM to set up the view the way you want.

VPX has something similiar.
You can open table in the editor, and hit F6 or click Table tab and then click Camera/Light/Material Edit Mode, and table will start in edit mode.
Now you can edit POV using Left and Right Flippers, and use Magna-Save keys to go to previous or next Option.
Remember to save table afterwards to keep the new settings.

even if you find a good backup in the arcave.org, you "need to logon" in order to download a table which is not possible

But theres a torrent listed here to a much updated version and it should be a lot faster than downloading from archive.org but are there .pov files in there?!
Mind you you don't have to download everything, either from AO or the torrents listed here at PN

importance of renaming files correctly
table name - manufacturer - year - theme
thus it is easier to group thematic research.
like pinball arcade for example (by years, by manufacturer...)

Thought I would let everyone here know that all the roms here on this site have recently been updated from my personal collection.
Also all the numbers and the dash at beginning of rom file name has been removed, so it is just the regular rom file name.
There were alot of roms that had missing files. So I suggest you check your collection, to see if your rom needs updated.
The rom collection at Archive.org has many missing files in the roms.
Compare them to the roms here on this site, and you will see 100's of roms are missing files in the Archive.org rom set.
Have a great weekend!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back