Happy to see this site start to pick up!!

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
for the past year or so until last month, I'd log on once a week to see maybe 5 new posts. These past four weeks or so this place has come alive! now every day there are new posts! Finally! people are starting to either start to post after being a lurker, or are just finding the place! Whichever, I am thrilled as I always liked here but was always wary of the numerous tumbleweeds that were here whenever I logged on! Now that the dust has been cleared off once again maybe we'll start to see some new pins coming out on here too! Hmmm? so welcome new people and welcome back old ones! hi everyone! oh and this is the REAL faralos. He was my first multi-part model. he was made about 20 years ago. i have since gotten much better but I keep him 'as is' to remind me of my progress and development in my painting skills! oh he stands about 4" high and is made of over 20 pieces!

Attachments

• faralos.jpg
    faralos.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
Nice work. Do you make those from scratch, or are there kits that you put together and paint? Either way I'm really impressed, because I once had tried doing some free-hand drawing, and never did get any good at it. Could you show us some more or your work, and maybe consider adding it to our Gallery? And yes, it's nice to see this place waking from its slumber again.

for the past year or so until last month, I'd log on once a week to see maybe 5 new posts. These past four weeks or so this place has come alive! now every day there are new posts! Finally! people are starting to either start to post after being a lurker, or are just finding the place! Whichever, I am thrilled as I always liked here but was always wary of the numerous tumbleweeds that were here whenever I logged on! Now that the dust has been cleared off once again maybe we'll start to see some new pins coming out on here too! Hmmm? so welcome new people and welcome back old ones! hi everyone! oh and this is the REAL faralos. He was my first multi-part model. he was made about 20 years ago. i have since gotten much better but I keep him 'as is' to remind me of my progress and development in my painting skills! oh he stands about 4" high and is made of over 20 pieces!

Faralos;

I did put a link to Pinball Nirvana in Facebook! Maybe that did it? Whatever did it is nice to see folks over here :)

My Facebook page has a link to here and I plan on doing more with VP on my Facebook page :) I'll have a few VP table releases only there as well. It will be neat to see what happens :) Of course you have to have a Facebook page and be a "friend" to get some of the VP items I have in store there to get them.

I also added pics of my family, friends, my cat and even a tribute to Ronnie James Dio :) I also have to get pictures of my friends in a town near here where I live.

I'm trying to help as much as possible with the link to here, the uploads and etc. Just doing my "community" duty.

d

Last edited:
I sent a friend request at Facebook.
I'm trying to find out if Facebook allows Keywords, used by html to find websites or people, businesses, etc.

Have no idea. All I know is if you allow your post to be viewed by the public it will show it. I've had a few emails about it :)

d

models and such

I have about 100 miniatures that i used in my old gaming sessions ! they and faralos there are all white metal kits. most stores that used to sell d&d stuff sold the figurines in blister packs for about 3-6$ US back in the late 80 thru the 90's here in the US. I got a few donated from my gaming group and acquired many over the years from various friends! I will take some shots of the figurines tomorrow
this !966 ford galaxie I had built, ok a long story...I used to own (my first car) a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500! I went to a hobby store looking for said car. I was told no one made it but a 66 was made and he had it! So, I bought it and the next day upon googling it I found out Revell made a 65 galaxie 500 the exact same car i had! So in pissed off frustration I built this as a 'project' car. we all had one or knew a friend who had this car he was gonna' restore 'once he got enough cash together , somehow that never comes about so this car represents all those beaters that never quite get built. I also was out of work during the entire build of it so used all I had in my spare parts boxes! the base is a plastic 'In" box for a desk, everything else I already had so in essence it cost me 'nothing' and took me about 1 months from design to completion! (not including the actual car which took another month!) I love to build, i can also copy anything i just can't draw from memory OR draw people but i can copy them perfectly!

Attachments

• 66 galaxie Oct 08.JPG
    66 galaxie Oct 08.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 347
I have about 100 miniatures that i used in my old gaming sessions ! they and faralos there are all white metal kits. most stores that used to sell d&d stuff sold the figurines in blister packs for about 3-6$ US back in the late 80 thru the 90's here in the US. I got a few donated from my gaming group and acquired many over the years from various friends! I will take some shots of the figurines tomorrow
this !966 ford galaxie I had built, ok a long story...I used to own (my first car) a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500! I went to a hobby store looking for said car. I was told no one made it but a 66 was made and he had it! So, I bought it and the next day upon googling it I found out Revell made a 65 galaxie 500 the exact same car i had! So in pissed off frustration I built this as a 'project' car. we all had one or knew a friend who had this car he was gonna' restore 'once he got enough cash together , somehow that never comes about so this car represents all those beaters that never quite get built. I also was out of work during the entire build of it so used all I had in my spare parts boxes! the base is a plastic 'In" box for a desk, everything else I already had so in essence it cost me 'nothing' and took me about 1 months from design to completion! (not including the actual car which took another month!) I love to build, i can also copy anything i just can't draw from memory OR draw people but i can copy them perfectly!

That's interesting. About 35 years ago, a group of us used to race miniature slot cars. We'd buy the cars from a fellow we callled The Hobby Crook, and give them custom paint jobs, and tweak their motors. We built both a drag race track and a layout similar to La Mans, and had a lot of fun racing them in my friend's basement.

Faralos;

I did put a link to Pinball Nirvana in Facebook! Maybe that did it? Whatever did it is nice to see folks over here :)

My Facebook page has a link to here and I plan on doing more with VP on my Facebook page :) I'll have a few VP table releases only there as well. It will be neat to see what happens :) Of course you have to have a Facebook page and be a "friend" to get some of the VP items I have in store there to get them.

I also added pics of my family, friends, my cat and even a tribute to Ronnie James Dio :) I also have to get pictures of my friends in a town near here where I live.

I'm trying to help as much as possible with the link to here, the uploads and etc. Just doing my "community" duty.

d

I don't do Facebook, but having a page sure can't hurt. I wonder if any of the increase in activity is folks hoping to see me make a fool of myself "spouting off" like I used to do. I like to think I have a bit more sense, so I plan to avoid any of my rants I was famous for.

I don't do Facebook, but having a page sure can't hurt. I wonder if any of the increase in activity is folks hoping to see me make a fool of myself "spouting off" like I used to do. I like to think I have a bit more sense, so I plan to avoid any of my rants I was famous for.

John;

I only have the Facebook page for a few reasons. One, I keep in contact with family and friends and ONLY people I know can access my area. Amazingly, it's nice to keep in touch with my buddy Mat who has returned to Iraq and has posted to me on Facebook from Iraq! We keep in touch. I also have photos of my Mother. My Father as well whom we lost this year at the age of 66. :( My brother in law as well is there and he's now divorcing my sister for some reason...don't know the full story but I know he is one of the BEST guys my sister could ever marry so I figure it's my sister who isn't making it work. My Mother has told me some stuff that is going on and the guy is really a GOOD father to his kids so I keep in contact with him :) He's been a friend for a long while. Even people I know at work that are still there or have been laid off I keep in contact with ;)

It's the only real reason I have Facebook; to keep in touch :)

Also, YOU are more than welcome to visit my page John if you get a Facebook page up. Let me know when you do and I'll tell you where I am. I look forward to having you as a friend via Facebook! :) We've been friends since the beginning of VP practically and you'll actually be able to see a pic of ME with my cat. Yes, the pic is two years old and I now have long hair but it's me!

d

Last edited:
Is the Facebook page for PN or is it a personal page?

Is the Facebook page for PN or is it a personal page?

Just about everything. It's a personal page really, but when I add a post it's public. I keep ranting and raving about this place and put a direct link up to here so that might get some folks over here.

Of course I have to allow a person to be able to enter my "area" anyway if they ask to be a friend. If I know them personally then I let them in :)

d

Uh, noo...
If you are not a friend, then *I think* this is all you get to see.
Try logging out and check the page for yourself.
Maybe something's not working on my end, but this is all I'm getting when I go there.
EDIT: And I am logged in there. See the message about friends in the PN2.jpg.

Attachments

• PNWall.jpg
    PNWall.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 366
  • PN2.jpg
    PN2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 331
John;

I only have the Facebook page for a few reasons. One, I keep in contact with family and friends and ONLY people I know can access my area. Amazingly, it's nice to keep in touch with my buddy Mat who has returned to Iraq and has posted to me on Facebook from Iraq! We keep in touch. I also have photos of my Mother. My Father as well whom we lost this year at the age of 66. :( My brother in law as well is there and he's now divorcing my sister for some reason...don't know the full story but I know he is one of the BEST guys my sister could ever marry so I figure it's my sister who isn't making it work. My Mother has told me some stuff that is going on and the guy is really a GOOD father to his kids so I keep in contact with him :) He's been a friend for a long while. Even people I know at work that are still there or have been laid off I keep in contact with ;)

It's the only real reason I have Facebook; to keep in touch :)

Also, YOU are more than welcome to visit my page John if you get a Facebook page up. Let me know when you do and I'll tell you where I am. I look forward to having you as a friend via Facebook! :) We've been friends since the beginning of VP practically and you'll actually be able to see a pic of ME with my cat. Yes, the pic is two years old and I now have long hair but it's me!

d

No, I don't and won't do Facebook. And get a haircut!!!!

Uh, noo...
Maybe something's not working on my end, but this is all I'm getting when I go there.

Sleepy,

That's not me. Wrong page.

d

No, I don't and won't do Facebook. And get a haircut!!!!

John;

You don't need Facebook to stay in touch with me. I do it mostly for family and friends that's all.

As for a haircut; NFW - I lost my long hair to a woman the last time and it won't happen again. NEVER.

d

wELL WHO THE HELL IS pINBALL nIRVANA?

I have no idea. It's just there I guess. Maybe JPH put it there? Who knows.

d

So...where is your page located?

So...where is your page located?

Sleepy;

Sorry, I can't help you there. I sure as heck won't post it here either. Wish I could help you pal.

d

Don't worry about it.
At least two of my ex-girlfriends have pages at Facebook with pictures of their advancing age, their third husbands and their grandchildren from various marriages.
So I wouldn't list mine either, and I didn't even lay them!

Don't worry about it.
At least two of my ex-girlfriends have pages at Facebook with pictures of their advancing age, their third husbands and their grandchildren from various marriages.
So I wouldn't list mine either, and I didn't even lay them!

Sleepy;

I am sorry - most of my page is for family. I would, but not for now. Maybe later?

As for that last line you typed; you made me laugh ::p\'n\'l:

d

Yeah...it made them laugh at the time too.
Some chicks are evil.

Yeah...it made them laugh at the time too.
Some chicks are evil.

Heh; don't get me going. The last woman I was with wanted a quick "bang" and dumped me after two months! HE HE HE! Still to this day I laugh about it hysterically!!!
:p\'n\'l:

d

Think I'll stay single. Love every minute of it.

Uh, noo...

I have no idea. It's just there I guess. Maybe JPH put it there? Who knows.

d
That is ME!
Somebody requested that I join facebook for Pinball purposes, it's been there for well over a year but I've received a lot of friend requests in the last 3 months.

I've probably spent a total of 15 minutes on facebook and don't really have time for it or know what the hell I'm doing with the settings. Hopefully a little more is visible now...
:cheerleader1:

I am also pleased to see this site pick up.

I have been missing for 3-4 years but maybe I'll come back.

Some old hands like Bob, PacDude, nic, Shocky, tilt and various others will remember me.

Anyway, I hope all my friends and foes are well.

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back