WIP Recreation BAM FP Hustler (LTD do Brasil 1980)

Future Pinball

Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Thanks to JPsalas and Carlos Guizzo for the VPX version, I recreated this table gem for FP, with some variations,including:

*Real Multiplayer for this 2-player table,watch carefully how the conditions (drop-targets and lights) left by the previous player are restored.
*Music from a favorite game of mine for Sega Mega Drive,but that can be deactivated.
*Optimal Physics, and Dynamic Light with Shadow Maps worked very well for this table.
*A condition(made by me),that you also receive the bonus(from kicker) behind the target black eight, and not just in losing a ball, this table has a unique feature (as far as I know, I don't know if any other tables have it) as soon as you hit all "drop-targets" "you have to lose the ball or you have nothing more to do.

Here the video

Last edited:
Thanks to JPsalas and Carlos Guizzo for the VPX version, I recreated this table gem for FP, with some variations,including:

*Real Multiplayer for this 2-player table,watch carefully how the conditions (drop-targets and lights) left by the previous player are restored.
*Music from a favorite game of mine for Sega Mega Drive,but that can be deactivated.
*Optimal Physics, and Dynamic Light with Shadow Maps worked very well for this table.
*A condition(made by me),that you also receive the bonus(from kicker) behind the target black eight, and not just in losing a ball, this table has a unique feature (as far as I know, I don't know if any other tables have it) as soon as you hit all "drop-targets" "you have to lose the ball or you have nothing more to do.

Here the video

Great work Paolo !
Why do have to lose the ball when all the targets are hit ?
Why not just reset them ?

Code:
If (MyDropTarget1.Dropped = TRUE) And (MyDropTarget2.Dropped = TRUE) And bla bla bla Then
ResetTargets()
End If

It's like El Dorado (or Target Alpha, Canada Dry, ...). Drop targets are only reset with a new ball.

Looks cool! It appears that you got the multiplayer working well which I think is quite an accomplishment on FP.

Great work Paolo !
Why do have to lose the ball when all the targets are hit ?
Why not just reset them ?
Thanks Bob!
Because (it's the rules that say it) as in almost all "EM" the bonus is awarded to a lose ball, or as JP says to a new ball.
The problem is not so much to restore them, but because the rules of the game say so, in fact, in order to continue playing and not to lose the ball(obligatorily ), I created that kicker both to receive the bonus and to restore the drops, in practice you continue to play and do something.

Looks cool! It appears that you got the multiplayer working well which I think is quite an accomplishment on FP.
Thanks George!
it was not easy I created a particular system, with many lights and "subroutine", it was also possible because the table has few elements in terms of rules, it is always an "EM", it is not like saving the current state of a player at tables such as Indiana Jones or other complicated tables.
I didn't use nvR1-nvR16 or nvS1-nvS16 variables to store a player's current state.....I have not yet understood how they work

It's like El Dorado (or Target Alpha, Canada Dry, ...). Drop targets are only reset with a new ball.
interesting JP , it must have been a way to end the game sooner ,so coin operators could make more money.

It is pretty boring batting a pinball around the table with no targets to hit.

I didn't use nvR1-nvR16 or nvS1-nvS16 variables to store a player's current state.....I have not yet understood how they work

Just like any other variable in the game. But these are persistent, meaning if you close FP and come back the values are still there.

nvR for numbers, nvS for strings (usually text): nvR1 = 1 ; nvS1="this is 1 string"

Just like any other variable in the game. But these are persistent, meaning if you close FP and come back the values are still there.

nvR for numbers, nvS for strings (usually text): nvR1 = 1 ; nvS1="this is 1 string"
I think Paolo is referring the Save State code that we used in the past for Multiplayer Games where each players progress could be saved and restored to be played at a later date .
We used this in the “Cadash” table that we made together…he did the build and I coded .

I used this in numerous mods but it gained little interest and was very intensive .

I used nvS 1-16 to save strings of numbers that each represented a current game state item that could be saved and then decoded when you restored a saved game

So for instance nvS1 = 1,3,3,2
Might mean light1 off ,light 2 blinking, light3 blinking , light4 on
or whatever.

I recall there was a limit to 32 numbers per string but rav gave me a code to double that

Me and another user later came up with a way to play online in the same game. It actually worked !

It involved a combo of some onine gaming HUB whose name escapes me where you can invite others to watch you play in real time .

Then when you finish your turn you send the updated nvRam file to your opponent who loads the table using that and so on.

All the “nv” parameters are stored in nvRam file for each table .
nvS 1-16
nvR 1 -16
nvTotalGamesPlayed
nvHighScores
etc…

You of course could play you oponent through email…
And take turns daily or whatever.

Just keep sending each other the updated nvRam file in an attachment with appropriate taunt

Lol

Last edited:
Me and another user later came up with a way to play online in the same game. It actually worked !

It involved a combo of some onine gaming HUB whose name escapes me where you can invite others to watch you play in real time .

Then when you finish your turn you send the updated nvRam file to your opponent who loads the table using that and so on.

All the “nv” parameters are stored in nvRam file for each table .
nvS 1-16
nvR 1 -16
nvTotalGamesPlayed
nvHighScores
etc…

You of course could play you oponent through email…
And take turns daily or whatever.

Just keep sending each other the updated nvRam file in an attachment with appropriate taunt

Lol
I remember doing that. It was rather tedious but it worked. Too bad we can't create real time gaming.

@Gimli

I actually seen a couple of tables using nv vars to store more than one thing, one of them is the "Billion Dollar Gameshow".
I'm not sure the machine: bride of pinbot is the other at the moment (very cool coding on this one)

Pretty cool stuff anyway.

@GeorgeH,
You mean like adding Kaillera (or better) to FP? that would be something and I agree.

I think Paolo is referring the Save State code
Yes of course,you think well.... I also point it out in the video, and it is also written above.
I haven't used that term "Save State code", but it's really very clear that I'm talking about this....I'm sorry if someone else apart you Bob, didn't understand it.When "we" talk about multiplayer, it should be clear that if I play in 2 player mode, there are two things to do, either reset everything, or save the current game conditions of player,but during the current game, not when "we" exit FP, and then reopen it ...... that's another story.

We used this in the “Cadash” table that we made together
I remember well the immense effort you made, the elements to save were too many, despite being an original, that's why I said that I never understood how to save a game condition using those variables.
it takes years to do something like that and then see that hardly anyone has not noticed,that in Cadash there is a huge work behind that "Save State code"up to 4 players.

@GeorgeH,
You mean like adding Kaillera (or better) to FP? that would be something and I agree.

I don't know what Kaillera is but it seems like we should be able to use some sort of emulator to have more than one player that can play a game with someone on the internet. You couldn't watch the other players game the way that Bob and I did it. It tracked game progress and the score by the players sending a file back and forth. Neither of us could see what the other was doing.

I remember well the immense effort you made, the elements to save were too many, despite being an original, that's why I said that I never understood how to save a game condition using those variables.
it takes years to do something like that and then see that hardly anyone has not noticed,that in Cadash there is a huge work behind that "Save State code"up to 4 players.

Bob put a huge effort on adding save state code to "Creature From the Black Lagoon". It also saves your game so you can close FP and restart it where you left off. If I had know how much work it would be, I don't think I would have asked him to to it.

I don't know what Kaillera is but it seems like we should be able to use some sort of emulator to have more than one player that can play a game with someone on the internet. You couldn't watch the other players game the way that Bob and I did it. It tracked game progress and the score by the players sending a file back and forth. Neither of us could see what the other was doing.

Bob put a huge effort on adding save state code to "Creature From the Black Lagoon". It also saves your game so you can close FP and restart it where you left off. If I had know how much work it would be, I don't think I would have asked him to to it.
You couldn't have stopped me George I was a glutton for punishment back then and thought it was a desirable feature that I was refining.

GeorgeH Slam used and gutted our Indiana Jones Mod for his Ultimate Pro version recently. In his video he stated he removed all the save state code as he didn't find that feature necessary...he would have had to update this for any of his new features and admittedly that would have been a nightmare, so I get it.....
In his videos I was pleased he used my Path Of Adventure function and Miniplayfield captures of the Airplane models as well as Gins added DMD captures.

I am glad he used our Modded version as his starting point as it had significant improvements

It looks great and I hope to play it at some point.

without decals and using "cookie cut from global texture"

Attachments

• Fathom 1.12.png
    Fathom 1.12.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 38
Beautiful table Paolo! Love the look. Great job on the scripting as well!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back