JAWS (Original) BIGGER BOAT EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP JAWS (Original) BIGGER BOAT EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.7

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

JAWS - BIGGER BOAT EDITION (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

JAWS – BIGGER BOAT EDITION

Original Table created by: ROM

Ultimate Pro Update by: SLAMT1LT

BIGGER BOAT EDITION by TerryRed

Table version: 1.0 – Oct 2022

======================================

What began as ROM’s classic Jaws table for Future Pinball, has evolved over the years from SLAMT1LT’s massive Ultimate Pro update, to my new BIGGER BOAT EDITON.

This table has been completely updated to use the newest modern BAM features to create an amazing real-time visual treat that...

Read more about this resource...

Great table looks Awesome :clap: but getting line error 2267 any help would be great8-)

Aie... J ai la même erreur

Just to make sure, you guys do have latest BAM, right?

J'adore votre humour !
Je suis confus, avec la BAM 153 c'est parfait (j'étais à 151)
Mes excuses et grand merci
Bravo bravo pour cette magnifique table que je vais explorer avec grand plaisir !

Followed all your instruction, downloaded and installed latest BAM, visual c, and the 4 gig patcher all good but when i run i get

Screenshot_20221023_124658.png

That's a new one. I have NEVER seen that error.
As far as I know that "command" (not a variable) is used when you run in debug mode so all logs go to a txt file and as far as I know, it shouldn't even work under normal play.
What happens if you comment that line?
Also, run that in debug mode (F7)

Great table looks Awesome :clap: but getting line error 2267 any help would be great

Are you getting this at random, or the table won't run at all?

Make sure you followed all the install instructions included with the table. (updating BAM, 4GB patch, correct settings, etc)

Followed all your instruction, downloaded and installed latest BAM, visual c, and the 4 gig patcher all good but when i run i get

View attachment 34680

I don't get the error on my PC but that line is not essential to play the table so you can search the script for:

LogDebugTextToDisk()

When you find it, place a single quote in front of the line and the line will turn green. Then save and play.

If you get an error on something else, then you have probably run out of resources on your PC. Make sure you close everything possible before you try again. I think Terry's pdf has ideas on how to save resources.

I ran this on my other PC and it works fine, so not too sure what ive done different, but i can play now so happy.

Everyone download the new 1.1 hotfix update.

Some people who play on cabinets reported Overflow errors :(

The error was rare when it happened (for me at least). It seemed to always come from the bumpers area which had many FizX rubber related items jammed into one small area (combined with FP's own rubbers and the bumpers, etc). So I removed those items, as they don't really effect gameplay in that area at all.

Never had those but i'm downloading anyway.

The Jaws BBE 1.1 update had some FizX typos in the FizX code (my fault) regarding any extra flippers. This had no effect on Jaws BBE since it only has the main 2 flippers, but I already fixed the typo and re-uploaded it tonight. It's still the same 1.1 table otherwise.

Works flawlessly. Amazing work again TerryRed! Thanks for all the hard effort you put in these tables!:clap:

On the left/right slings with the boat wheels, I'm seeing little white dots around the edges of the wheels (see screenshot). Could that be a FP settings issue or a video driver issue? I'm on win10, Nvidia gtx 1060.

The rest of the table looks fine. The table plays great.

Thanks for your great work.
Jaws - Bigger Boat Edition (1.0 - PinEvent V2 - FizX)3.png

beautiful beautiful beautiful, congratulations.
I had to update my BAM to run...here's a tip.
Bring on Silent Hill!!!!

On the left/right slings with the boat wheels, I'm seeing little white dots around the edges of the wheels (see screenshot). Could that be a FP settings issue or a video driver issue? I'm on win10, Nvidia gtx 1060.

The rest of the table looks fine. The table plays great.

Thanks for your great work.
View attachment 34691

This is normal, i have this also with my Card AMD RX VEGA 64. If you zoom in (Press F11 use your Mouse with WASD you can zoom in/out), you will see that these are light reflections.

Specular effect if i'm not mistaken.

Correct, those are light reflections from the normal (bump) maps.

Thanks for the clarification. Can light reflections be turned off for only these two brown objects?

I agree that the effect you see are reflections. On my PC, there is a twinkling effect that looks a bit like glitter. I think the effect is caused by the application of bump maps on the wheel and the up and down motion of the wheel. The motion causes the light to reflect in different directions off the bump maps. You can control it by changing the specular light and shininess of the wheel. It does reduce the effectiveness of the bump maps a bit. If you want to try it, copy the following code and paste it below the line that says "Option Explicit".

'[BAM] !texture = boat_wheel-ColorMap
'[BAM] !shininess = 3.0
'[BAM] !specularLevel = 0.2
'[BAM] !specularBalance = 0.001
'[BAM] !normalMapScale = 1.0

Turning on Trilinear Filtering, Anistrophic Filtering, may help. Running at a lower resolution like HD will makes those reflections more noticeable.

Make sure you use the same Video Settings I show (included with the zip file for the table and install instructions).

If you look at my screenshots or video demos, you'll see that with those settings and running in 4K they are smaller.

I agree that the effect you see are reflections. On my PC, there is a twinkling effect that looks a bit like glitter. I think the effect is caused by the application of bump maps on the wheel and the up and down motion of the wheel. The motion causes the light to reflect in different directions off the bump maps. You can control it by changing the specular light and shininess of the wheel. It does reduce the effectiveness of the bump maps a bit. If you want to try it, copy the following code and paste it below the line that says "Option Explicit".

'[BAM] !texture = boat_wheel-ColorMap
'[BAM] !shininess = 3.0
'[BAM] !specularLevel = 0.2
'[BAM] !specularBalance = 0.001
'[BAM] !normalMapScale = 1.0
Thanks for your help...looks better to me now!

"Quick fix for error when disabling the PUP Stream Billboard"

If you disabled the PUP Stream Billboard in TABLE OPTIONS, you would get this error. I have fixed the error and uploaded the fixed table. It's still version 1.1, just now with this fix.

Just redownload and install this fixed 1.1 table to replace the one you are using.

1666664235023.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back