Help JAWS (Ultimate Pro 1.08) how can we fix this graphic bug with the flipper finger ?

@NitroNimbus
Welcome! Glad to see you joined PN.

Rav told me about the issue back in January. I tried changing the XML like he said and the bounce went crazy. I basically decided I didn't need to fix it because it took 5 to 10 minutes for a single ball to sink through the flippers. Cradling 3 balls makes them pass through the flippers faster. I didn't think about cradling 3 balls until Jens.L posted his video. It took a lot of testing to make the new numbers perform like the old ones. I created a test table where I changed the flipper angles so they were set so they were straight across (looking something like zipper flippers) and added a texture to the playfield that had equally spaced horizontal lines on it. Then I used the manual ball roller to drop the ball on the flipper and measured the height and number of times the ball bounced many times.

Personally, I probably won't fix all my tables. Although, I will probably fix Apollo 13 which has 13 ball play.

George

I have found that some folks are having trouble understanding the problem discussed on this thread. If so, go back to the first posting on this thread and play the video. The video shows three balls sinking through the right flipper but you need to manually advance the video 17 minutes and 40 seconds to get to the point where it occurs.

Hi George,
Thanks for the welcome.
Mate I have been testing and applied your new Bounce Control Settings too about 10 tables.
Did an array of tables from 1970 to now to get a broad idea of what works and what dosen't.
It works perfectly for all table types I have tested, I did add some ball mass to the older tables (I like the extra bounce).
I previously had to make a sacrifice, balls melting through flippers is not an option for me.
But my flippers were too bouncy and a little bit out of control.
Now I get the best of both worlds!!!
Thank you, Thank you.....
You have made my day...:bigdance:

Thank you for posting this. You are the first person to say that you have tried it on several tables. I spent a lot of time making the new values match the bounce of the old values. Your response makes me feel like it was worth the effort. I don't plan on performing a special update to my other tables for this change so everyone feel free to update the tables yourselves following the directions in the script of the 3 tables I have posted here. Plus, just about everyone that adds dynamic flippers to a table uses my bounce control numbers, so you can make the same change to their tables as well.

Even though the new bounce matches the old, there does seem to be a rather subtle difference between the old and new. It seems like it is a little better to me. It is difficult for me to describe the difference but then maybe I am imagining things since I am so close to it. I am interested if you guys notice any differences between the new and the old.

Hi George,
Mate I thought I was imagining things, but NO!!
Yep!! it is awesome!!! :laugh13:

I guess I wasn't imagining things. I don't know how to describe the difference. It is subtle.

Modest George!!
I hope everyone gets on board with these changes. It is the Future of Pinball after all...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back