VPX WIP Jeepers Creepers

spookyMoulder

Pinball Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
gi joe
Started working on a Jeepers Creepers pinball hopefully I can get it finished by Halloween time. I am making the playfield art now I have a good layout for the game. You guys can watch this post and see the progress or post any ideas or suggestions for the game. This is just early view of the apron it may change, so yeah post ideas if you want.

new pinball 2024 jeepers creepers.jpg

I worked on more of the artwork and changed the flippers around made them look stitched I think I like the orange flippers better since it's for Halloween I guess we go with the orange ones. Let me know what color flippers you like better in the comments or just any other ideas. The other plastics are plain because I need to work on those next.

jeepers pinball flippers.jpg

orange flipper.jpg

Did not work too much on the table I did get some plastics made and trying some 3d models for ramps and rubber bands to make the game look much better. 3d rubber parts look better than the Visual Pinball rubber parts I just wonder if it changes any physics of bounciness. I need to re draw the playfield at least a few more times with better art and lane areas but here is what I have so far.

jeepers pinball ramp.jpg

Off topic I have been using Ai for restoration of some old stuff like some TMNT episodes here you can see a picture of before and after. Ai is great lots of forums reading about Ai also ran across this video and thought it was something funny to share. Any comments on the game or ai post them.
Video Ai Ninja Turtles.jpg

I finally had some free time and did some more stuff on this table. Did a few scripts and added a rusty pipe and some upper plastics also did an AI 3d jeepers monster that took almost 5 hours because I had problems with the uv map. Now when the ball hits the bottom jaw drops and opens the right ramp. I will also be adding eyes in the 3d model when I get more time. The game has a lot left to work on the art still has a lot left, if anyone is trying to make 3d models for your game I found a good way to get a model from any picture. Below is video how to make model from picture using AI ZoeDepth. https://huggingface.co/spaces/shariqfarooq/ZoeDepth Just remember to lower the verticles on your models so that game loads fast. I used about 3,500 verticles lowered from 500,000. For example if your model is bigger than 5mb it is not a good model for loading times.

jeepers pinball 2024 v4.jpg

Took a break from the Jeepers Creepers game and trying to compile some other pinball stuff also just buisy with other things like Ai, 3d and software. Here are a few pictures of something I am throwing together I just hope the physics can get roughed out and the gravity and bounce. If it gets done I will upload it even with bad physics. Its rough for now but at least I got the ball to look good. Its only a 5mb file I just have to look into animated glb lights and keep adding to this.

Pinball 3d rendering.jpg

new pinball engine.jpg

If anyone is trying to figure out how to texture bake I found this video helpful you can use Blender new version 4.2 is on github and just follow the video instructions.

I really had to start over on 3d pinball for a few reasons first understanding that you can't use Upbge as a game engine well you can but it won't be a good experience because each published game will have to use the old blender engine and every time you load the game it is a long loading time because the entire engine needs to start. I can see now why Blender abandoned the project. Also creating a pinball is more difficult than it seems because the playfield needs to be at an incline but then all the 3d objects need to be inclined.

So its just lots of testing and trying again and again I think this time should work ok I have set the incline at 1% and camera incline between 35 or 38 degree this means that all 3d models are working on a flat surface then I adjusted the gravity to about 40 so the ball is rolling at a normal speed.

Next will be the "lights" instead of using cutout spaces for the lights I will try to use reflective 3d materials and just spotlights.
Blender shading.jpg
For shading remember to remove the Scene Collection camera and light source and just keep your model cube or whatever model you are rendering :( if you don't remove the light then you will have 2 light sources on your 3d model and it won't look right. Then open the shading tab. Then at the bottom panel click Shift A and search for "image texture" this will create your UV on the left panel. Remember to have 3d object selected. To UV unwrap (must be in Edit mode and not Object mode) press F3 and unwrap your texture.

I added some buttons to the game layout they can be toggled on or off these buttons will help with playing the Visual Pinball table on Android. They are just temporary until I get better buttons and I messed up the placement of one of the buttons. The coin button works and plunger and flippers now just to move the start button.

If anyone has time to design better looking buttons you can help and make a link so I can download them. I might just keep the blue colored button and add text to it.
move buttons.jpg

In Android if you click top right where the Logo is that says Jeepers it opens a menu like this one.
click Dmd next to Jeepers for menu.jpg

If you need help moving your game to the right folder I have 2 images that can help. Set your default folder when opening the app to any folder on your Android I set mine to pictures just for now.

Copy game file to Pictures.jpg
but you can make a new folder that will be default folder and if you connect your Android to pc copy over whatever game you want then hold down your game so it selects the file. Then click the three dots at the upper right corner and move file into (Tables) folder. Then when you open the app the game should show up if it doesn't click refresh.drop down menu.jpg

Now all my games need fixing and adding these buttons had some time and found a nice looking game button. Also if any of you want you can use this button inside the scripts you can make the button animated I will include the button for you below.

If Coin inserted start timer
then play frame 1-5 and add special effect on your button. I am just keeping it simple I really like the way the buttons turned out here is picture. I think the game needed buttons if you are planning on playing on portable Android because I was clicking around trying to find where to click, plus they look cool 👍
nice new game buttons.jpg
Button.png

So I was messing with pinball lights in 3d modeling and here is what I got but afterwards I found this good tutorial on Point Lights in blender to bake in the textures and try them both.

3d pinball light emmision test 1.jpg
Sunlight Off
Dark Mode Lights.jpg
Now I haven't imported the baked lights yet but watch the tutorial because these lights look nice in the tutorial. Skip to the good part at 20 minutes in its impressive he's got blender skills.

Awesome work.
Much appreciated RabidUrko.

I am working on some physics and collision triggers in a game engine it's tough to figure out but I got a second ball to launch. I still have to change gravity so that the ball doesn't take so long to fall down. I am using the old version of Manu 1.1 not 1.2 if anyone wants the game file I can send it or upload a link here but you will have to download the game engine yourself. It's much easier to use than other game engines but each object needs its own collider, its own settings either Static, Dynamic, or Kinematic. Kinematic used for moving walls or animated objects. The physics is probably achievable and the game engine is free to download online also doesn't have any annoying splash screens or bloated. The engine is 300 mb and the game build is 28mb in total, so small file size and fast loading. Again I can upload the game folder if anyone wants to try it out here is a small video of the project.

View attachment Plunger and Ball Working.mp4

This program is real good it took me a while to figure it all out the colliders can be shapes so it can be a straight platform or round sphere also any lights can be copied and moved easily or change intensity also easy to add sound effects. I will program in a basic table and you guys can make games using it if you want to. The physics is not that good but it can be adjusted. I did a quick bumper and fast script on game start blink spot light over bumper. The green boxes are colliders I will add 4 balls and scoring system and it should be ready for beta testing anyone who wants to improve on this can modify however you want. There is also an option for multiple cameras if you want to add that, I will try to see if Xbox x-imput works if it does I will set that up for you.

View attachment Blinking Bumpler Light.mp4
Easy to move lights.jpg

Here is the basic game table Prebuild 0.01 https://mega.nz/file/Tj4DhR4Q#PQOPAROnlSAMhl_GAtGdWcVTVnwUfoCiqMsJ0THsqIA
It contains two folders copy the folders on your desktop the Pinball folder contains the game and the Game objects folder contains the models.
You can then download Manu Game engine 1.1.3 alpha from here https://www.mutaz.pro/free-programs/en/download/?2324

When you open the Manu Game engine you will see an opening screen then you will want to click on Open existing and open folder Pinball. This will get you started if you don't want to wait.
Manu Opening screen.jpg

I plan to add a scoring system before release here is a tutorial on how to add a scoring system.

This game engine can easily build your game for windows and eventually they are working on android build. It has a nice fast rendering system and can also have animated models for your projects. You should have 3d modeling experience and basic game editing skill to use this program because all the assets need to be made in Blender. Any help in this project is welcome please post links to any updates.

Latest Build.jpg

I started over use the latest version go to website and get version 1.2 it has more features. https://manu.co/downloadmanu
PBR textures and better shadows and even better physics also has metal emission so I was able to make the ball more metalic using this feature.
Unfortunately if you import game from version 1.13 it does not import correctly so I just started over.

I don't have to use spotlights I found Shader Glow renderer I will try using clear lights with color on shader glow to see if it makes a difference. The physics bounce and ball roll is getting good.
Shader Glow.jpg

This Halloween I will upload 2 games oO yes two games for you to play first game is Jeepers Creepers. Created some new lights and better ramps and scripts.
Jeepers complete.jpg
One day I was just trying out some scripts and tables and it became a whole new game so I present to you another Halloween table Nuke Em High.
Nuke Em High.jpg
This game has multiball with ramps and nuke bumpers. It is the first game that I used Ai for fixing textures and I will be using Ai from now on for cleaning up my game art and textures.

Another interesting thing I started trying is Ai generated art. It's a great idea to use Ai generated art in some of these games just using parts of these art or typing in your theme that you are creating. So take a look at some of these Ai Generated art that was made. If you like this idea I will leave the link below and you can try it out yourself. https://magicstudio.com/ai-art-generator/

Hellraiser Ai Generated Pinball
Hellraiser Ai Generated Pinball.png
Night of the Living Dead Ai Generated pinball
Night of the Living Dead Ai Generated pinball.png
Creature from the Black Lagoon Ai Generated Pinball
Creature from the Black Lagoon Ai Generated Pinball.png
Alice in Wonderland Ai Generated Pinball
Alice in Wonderland Ai Generated Pinball.png

I have a few more Ai Generated art you can use for any ideas, or just look through them because I think they are cool looking.
Halloween Ai Generated Pinball
Halloween Ai Generated Pinball.png
Nightmare on elm Street Ai Generated pinball
Nightmare on elm Street Ai Generated pinball.png

Friday the 13h Ai Generated Pinball
Friday the 13h Ai Generated Pinball.png
Chucky Ai generated Pinball
Chucky Ai generated Pinball.png
Happy Halloween Ai Generated Pinball
Happy Halloween Ai Generated Pinball.png
Wolf Man Pinball Ai Generated art
Wolf Man Pinball Ai Generated art.png
Haunted house Halloween Ai Generated Art
Haunted house Halloween Ai Generated Art.png

Some of the Ai art you will get strange results some of the pictures are not as good and some of them are just funny and will make you laugh. I had fun typing in different Halloween monsters and just seeing what the Ai system would create. The images don't take to long to process. Here are a few more that I thought were funny or strange. Using Ai you could get a few good results on whatever you are looking for.
funny chucky
funny chucky.png
funny creature black lagoon
funny creature black lagoon.png
space aliens pinball
space aliens pinball.png
strange freddy Nightmare elm street
strange freddy Nightmare elm street.png
Jason Friday the 13th backglass rapper
Jason Friday the 13th backglass rapper.png
Strange Skeleton playing pinball
Strange Skeleton playing pinball.png

A preview of Nuke Em High game will upload in late October. You will really like this game it uses a lot of new scripts and physics from JP. I am adding lights right now so it should be done by next month I was able to add a radioactive glow in the bumpers and the game plays good.
Radiation Bumpers.jpg

Now for some movie reviews. ( Just my opinion )
beetlemoulder.jpg

Beetlejuice 2 is a terrible movie with boring writing and story just filled with special effects targeted to kids. The original Beetlejuice is still better it's not my favorite of movies but I did like the Beetlejuice cartoon and thought it was funny sometimes. One thing was good is that Beetlejuice 2 kept the original actors but the movie was bad and I would not want to buy it from a bargain bin for 1 dollar. It is a boring movie with boring story oh and did I mention it's boring.

Then I saw Alien Romulus one of Ridley Scotts worst films ever. The facehuggers are back again and again but now I had to listen to bad British accents throughout the film and it was torture just sitting through the movie with the British accents. Maybe the British people like the movie let me know if you are British and enjoyed the bad Alien Romulus movie. Maybe they wanted the British people to have their own Alien movie. SPOILER- The alien looks like the alien from Alien Resurrection mixed with the "Engineers". This movie would have been at least watchable if it wasn't for the British actors, not trying to offend the Brits'

I did see a movie last month that had some good humor and was a decent Halloween film the movie is called For Sale. This is the trailer so if you are looking to watch anything worth your time go and watch it. Let me know in the comments what you thought of either of the movies what you like or dislike about them.

beetlejuice ai comedy.jpg
Hope you enjoyed the movie review post comments or whatever.

How I made Beetlejuice look like Fox Mulder, and the reason my screen name is spelled Moulder is because of 3d molding or just that I watch and read science fiction or mysteries classic Star Trek. You can use software yourself get some interesting results.

Last edited:
Ai Advice 2024.png

Just some fast easy advice for anyone trying out Ai Face Fusion or even Topaz Ai Video upscaling. If you want faster results in Topaz use a resolution of 480 x 854 your upscale will be 720. In most cases you do not need to enhance anything that is already 720. Rendering should take 3 hours for every 15 minutes of clip if you are using any latest gen pc.

In Face Fusion you should enable multi core rendering also remember to enable the Enhance Face option. Large video will need longer to render because it is rendering each and every frame. I have also tried adding a face to a cartoon character Shrek and got bad results as well as adding a different face to The Joker from Batman movie also bad results. Ai Face Fusion does not like to render face with makeup or special effects so you will just get strange results.

This is an example of a low resolution clip from Die Hard with Moulder's face it took about 10 minutes of rendering time in FaceFusion. This software is nice to use and has many creative things it can do.

View attachment McClane Moulder Ai.mp4

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Paradoxx has left the room.
    AdrianRayner has left the room.
    RabidUrko has left the room.
    MameBR has left the room.
    gitrman has left the room.
    Hanga has left the room.
    dave01568 has left the room.
    servo192705 has left the room.
    djbarryfromicquk2 has left the room.
    obsidian1 has left the room.
    hendric has left the room.
    GeorgeH has left the room.
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: gregonitov has left the room.
      Back