Meet the man of your dream....

@polygame
@TerryRed
@Gin
@GeorgeH
@wild
@NitroNimbus
@AnonTet

You've gotta try this new feature by Rav it is amazing.
The link above has demo's to play with.
If you export the IndyFinal2.TGA from the texture manager, you can then load that into model importer as an example and then you simply choose
you sequence of animatons

Code:
Dim ij
Set ij = xBAM.CreateModel("IndyFinal2")
ij.Position.X = 300
ij.Position.Y = 100
ij.Height = 80
ij.Animation(20).ImportFinalPose() ' U
ij.Animation(17).ImportFinalPose() ' R
ij.Anim("UURUT")

Here is an example of the code.

1. Create model as per usual with something like this:

Code:
Dim ij

Set ij = xBAM.CreateModel("IndyFinal2")

2. Then set code to "Import Final Pose" like this:

Code:
ij.Animation(20).ImportFinalPose() ' U

ij.Animation(17).ImportFinalPose() ' R

This is using Animation "U" and "R" as listed in BAM model importer
Animation(20) is the Same as "U"
Animation(0) is same as "A"

3. Then use Animate or Loop code and BAM will try to smoothly Transition animations.
Code:
ij.Anim("UURUT")

The above runs animation "U" 2 times, then "R" then "U" then "T"

@Gimli

Could you maybe clarify some things.

I'm not sure what the ImportFinalPose is actually doing.

For Darth Vader... I want him to do a single animation, then (as best as possible) seamlessly return to his default animation looping animation.

@Gimli @ravarcade

cm_DarthVader.Animation(0).ImportFinalPose() 'A
cm_DarthVader.Animation(17).ImportFinalPose() 'R

cm_DarthVader.Anim("RA")

If I use the above code, Vader does the force choke (R), but then it instantly snaps to (A) which is the default standing animation (instead of transitioning).

Is there something I'm missing to allow it to try to seamlessly transition between the animations? Does BAM try to "create" an in between animation?

Yes if you run any animation in the new model importer there is a new entry on the screen which is "Final Pose" .
This is an internal reference point in the model for spacial coordinates that BAM will use.

If it shows all zeroes then you don't have to worry about "ImportFinalPose" as it is already at the origin.
But if there are numbers those are are what BAM will use for reference to link spatially to the next animation.

This works amazing for Bipeds that are running and walking and jumping....I am not sure how it will work for space ships ?

Yes if you run any animation in the new model importer there is a new entry on the screen which is "Final Pose" .
This is an internal reference point in the model for spacial coordinates that BAM will use.

If it shows all zeroes then you don't have to worry about "ImportFinalPose" as it is already at the origin.
But if there are numbers those are are what BAM will use for reference to link spatially to the next animation.

This works amazing for Bipeds that are running and walking and jumping....I am not sure how it will work for space ships ?

Ah, so I can't use the current TGA as is... I need to update that TGA. Got it.

Ah, so I can't use the current TGA as is... I need to update that TGA. Got it.
You don't necessarily need to update...but there is a mixamo "Gestures Pack" and that should work seamlessly with this method....

Run INDY RUNNNNNN !

1596929445548.png

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

cm_DarthVader.Anim("RA")

The above code will have the two animations play one after the other...but I'm not seeing anything different from before. No transition between animations...just an instant switch from one to the other.

I'm just trying to get Vader animations smoother when going from one animation to the other. Not using this for space ships :)

View attachment 15003

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

cm_DarthVader.Anim("RA")

The above code will have the two animations play one after the other...but I'm not seeing anything different from before. No transition between animations...just an instant switch from one to the other.

I'm just trying to get Vader animations smoother when going from one animation to the other. Not using this for space ships :)
Ok...I will see if I can give you a TGA with similarly oriented Animations that will hopefully transition more smoothly.
This new feature keeps track of X and Y positions of the model, so for instance the Mixamo running animation move to a new location and BAM
now allows you to string those together to keep it moving.

For Stationary animations like darth ...he always stays at origin so this may not help you...unless you want him walking etc....Some of the "Sword and Shield" packs would be great for a light saber duel...

Ok...I will see if I can give you a TGA with similarly oriented Animations that will hopefully transition more smoothly.
This new feature keeps track of X and Y positions of the model, so for instance the Mixamo running animation move to a new location and BAM
now allows you to string those together to keep it moving.

For Stationary animations like darth ...he always stays at origin so this may not help you...unless you want him walking etc....Some of the "Sword and Shield" packs would be great for a light saber duel...

OK... that answers what I was expecting and needed clarification on. I didn't realize it was just about the "position / rotation". I was thinking it was doing some "tweening" with the positions of the character's parent / bones animations points,etc.

So, unless I can get all stationary animations that work seamlessly... I probably can't change much then.

OK... that answers what I was expecting and needed clarification on. I didn't realize it was just about the "position / rotation". I was thinking it was doing some "tweening" with the positions of the character's parent / bones animations points,etc.

So, unless I can get all stationary animations that work seamlessly... I probably can't change much then.
Yes I believe some of the "packs" always return to neutral between components...and then you have to select orphan animations that
are similar in orientation for other stuff you may want to add

@TerryRed
Here is Darth Gesture Demo
If you press "B" on keyboard repeatedly it will play next animation.
There are 20 animations.
The first 13 are from the gestures pak....there were a lot of glitches so I defined frame ranges to fix that as you will see in code.
the last 7 animations aren't quite in sync but show darth being a little more demonstrative

There was no need for transitioning the first 13, I believe.

Attachments

• DarthTest.fpt
    17.2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thanks. Yah, I've been playing with the ranges as well to fine tune.

No matter how hard I try I cannot get that Darth model to work correctly in Mixamo.... he always looks like an ape or really glitched.

I was considering adding a few Disco Dances to him for when the Game is Over so he can dance to the Attract music, haha. :)

Thanks. Yah, I've been playing with the ranges as well to fine tune.

No matter how hard I try I cannot get that Darth model to work correctly in Mixamo.... he always looks like an ape or really glitched.

I was considering adding a few Disco Dances to him for when the Game is Over so he can dance to the Attract music, haha. :)
Here i added The Twist, Hip Hop, Macarena and Belly Dance LOL
View attachment ModelImporter 2020-08-08 21-50-39-71.mp4

Attachments

• DarthGestures.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
@Gimli

Could you attach the original FBX files? I want to see if I can import the animations into my current TGA as I don't want to lose those animations.

Here you are.
Self explanatory but it contains:
1. Gestures pack in a zip
2. The controversial Dancing Darth files
3.And the Talking stuff you already have I think....

Attachments

• DarthFBX.zip
    40.5 MB · Views: 103
@TerryRed

It can be a little tricky to superimpose the cape, but I think if it is a peg model then it can also occlude the light from behind as you were wanting.
The Cape is in a miniplayfield box so you could animate it a bit with the TGA animation that is playing..not perfect but....

you could even use the cape as a second "peg" cape to block the light from shining through in the previous caped model of Darth ?

View attachment Future Pinball 2020-08-09 10-42-23-67.mp4

Attachments

• DarthTest2.fpt
    18.4 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Attachments

• DarthSmall.zip
    8 MB · Views: 94
  • small cape.zip
    44.6 MB · Views: 94
@Gimli

Cool. What I think I'll end up doing is using my current full cape Vader for all the things that look good with him.... and then I'll swap out with the small cape vader for things that look better on him (mostly dancing). The dancing on the table is hilarious!

@polygame
@ravarcade
@Gimli
@GeorgeH
@wild
@ULTIMATE Pro Pinball

Prepare to be wowed. :)

Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro)

"EPIC Space Battles" mod!

I'm glad I can finally show off some of what I've been working on the last 2 weeks. This is my crazy mod that changes this awesome table into a Galactic Battleground in Future Pinball. You've never seen a Star Wars table like this!

I think you guys will be blown away.

– you want X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Millenium Falcon, Turbo Laser Cannon, and Vader’s Tie Fighter… you got it
– you want space battles… you got it
– you want ships flying around the table…. you got it
– you want tie fighter and x-wing laser blasts… you got it
– you want XWing and Tie Fighter firing at each other… you got it
– you want exploding ships… you got it
– you want a turbo laser cannon that fires with animation… you got it
– you want the Millenium Falcon flying around the table…. you got it.
– you want Darth Vader on the table reacting to table events… you got it.

This is using 25 mini playfields so far... its nuts. The Millenium Falcon, Vader and his Tie Fighter are custom models.... the others are "pegs" (to avoid the flares showing through the model problem).

I'll have a wip of the table available after some code clean up and testing with the newer BAM (if I can get the "render last" working in a way that benefits this specific table).

Thanks to @Gimli for help with Darth! ... @polygame for nudging the progress of new Importer features... and of course @ravarcade for the amazing updates that allow this to be possible!

Big thanks to @fuzzel for the usage of his X-Wing, Vader Tie Fighter, and Turbo Laser models!

Watch until the end for a special treat.
?

Last edited:
Very cool! I take it you did the laser fire with holograms possibly combined with animated gifs?

Very cool! I take it you did the laser fire with holograms possibly combined with animated gifs?

No GIFS. Just holograms for the lasers and explosions as they need to always be on top of everything else.

@polygame
@ravarcade
@Gimli
@GeorgeH
@wild
@ULTIMATE Pro Pinball

Prepare to be wowed. :)

Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro)

"EPIC Space Battles" mod!

I'm glad I can finally show off some of what I've been working on the last 2 weeks. This is my crazy mod that changes this awesome table into a Galactic Battleground in Future Pinball. You've never seen a Star Wars table like this!

I think you guys will be blown away.

– you want X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Millenium Falcon, Turbo Laser Cannon, and Vader’s Tie Fighter… you got it
– you want space battles… you got it
– you want ships flying around the table…. you got it
– you want tie fighter and x-wing laser blasts… you got it
– you want XWing and Tie Fighter firing at each other… you got it
– you want exploding ships… you got it
– you want a turbo laser cannon that fires with animation… you got it
– you want the Millenium Falcon flying around the table…. you got it.
– you want Darth Vader on the table reacting to table events… you got it.

This is using 25 mini playfields so far... its nuts. The Millenium Falcon, Vader and his Tie Fighter are custom models.... the others are "pegs" (to avoid the flares showing through the model problem).

I'll have a wip of the table available after some code clean up and testing with the newer BAM (if I can get the "render last" working in a way that benefits this specific table).

Thanks to @Gimli for help with Darth! ... @polygame for nudging the progress of new Importer features... and of course @ravarcade for the amazing updates that allow this to be possible!

Big thanks to @fuzzel for the usage of his X-Wing, Vader Tie Fighter, and Turbo Laser models!

Watch until the end for a special treat.
?

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STUFF TERRY !!!
Glad to have helped !

Very very cool Terry. does it work right off the bat or we need a special BAM version or other stuff. (Can't make work any doflink table here :( )

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back