JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Pinball Nirvana would like to add the VPM Tables that were available at VPF into the PN downloads database. This will require some help from the community and authors feedback about the possibility. This is long overdue because the uploads system @ VPF was broken since the forums were upgraded last fall.

The main problem is that I have never had a collection of the VPM tables that were at VPF and i was just kind of waiting to see if it returns. Kindly let me know if you might be able to help, wondering if anyone has a list of the Tables that were at VPF? I could setup a ftp upload place for folks that can provide the original zip files, i realize that some of the screenshots were outdated so they would also need to be replaced.

Feel free to post a reply or send me a PM.

I have a ton of the older tables.

I'd be willing to share all I have, with the authors' blessing, of course. As you can already imagine, I'd like the same thing for the ORG.

What do we do in the event an author is unavailable?

I tried the same thing Yogi, but since it was from October 2007 I thought it was too far out of date. At least it'll give an idea of what tables were there, though not necessarily which versions.

I guess it's more difficult to find out about some of the older tables, as the newer ones are still in rememberance of the actual active members and to collect easiely, so I thought it would be a good idea to save the last available table list of AJ. As I noticed that the Internet Archive Wayback Machine doesn't work for everyone always, I thought it's important to save this list. That's all.

I have a fast connection....if someone is willing to make a list of the missing tables I'm willing to upload some...!!

We can all take certain alphabets....I can take tables starting with A, B, C...etc.

The only potential "problem" is that I've made some minor changes to the flippers and possibly changed the ball type, etc...some tables have my own fixes too...!! I've lost all readme.txt files and revhistory.doc type of stuff as well...!!

I have up to date screenshots of around 600 tables if you need them also.

I have 639 tables in their orginal zipped format

Lucky me

NOTE, I do not claim authorship of any table
if you table looks like it has my name against it, contact JPH

Last edited:
jon, I notice that PacDudes Monoploy is not in your section
is this the same fo every PD table?
If so , you already have them via PDs site

Jon could probably make a standard table entry in the download section (to the same alphabetical sections) for PD's tables and then hotlink and "leech" the files directly from his table site...... I don't see any harm done here... and I'm sure PD wouldn't mind.

Just go on the web and serch for "Pacdudes Tables"...you should find then there...:)

Richard.

Thank you

THe site admin, JPH hosts four VP related sites, PacDudes is one of them
I was reminding him of that

Jon could probably make a standard table entry in the download section (to the same alphabetical sections) for PD's tables and then hotlink and "leech" the files directly from his table site...... I don't see any harm done here... and I'm sure PD wouldn't mind.

I say we give him (PD) a week to respond
If he does not, we will take that as an agreement :awaken:

Just ask Val, there is a fairly up to date torrent someplace containing them all, isn't that right Val?

Yes, there is one that contains most of them up to about 6 months ago; but I know there are certain authors that have been very vocal concerning their general distaste of aforementioned torrent tracker.

Does it really matter where the latest VPM tables are sourced from, just so long as they are the most up to date unmodified versions of the files. I'd imagine any tables can and will be removed from the uploads at the respective pinball sites if the author(s) request it anyway.

I think the only reason why authors would be against torrents is that they might contain outdated table versions....other than that, I agree...why not?

I think I remember something at VPF that JPSalas talked about Pleasuredome and their crappy ratio system or something. I'll take a trip back in time to check.

The McD

Yes, it's a privately run tracker and site which insists that users meet a 1:1 share ratio on torrents even if that may take forever to achieve.

Though none of that is relevant, it's there and has perhaps the most up to date collection of VPM tables available for download. So why not just use it? I'd have a go myself though I'm not a member there or have the bandwidth available for this kind of an operation.

What about Lander's tables? (may he rest in peace).
Do one need permission to upload his work here?

I was a very good forum friend with Lander.... I knew what kind of person he was... always willing to share everything he had... his knowledge, table making tips, etc.... and I'm 100% sure he'd be delighted to see his work here.

VPLauncher says that i have 1042 tables in my Tables folder.

I have kept a copy of all Table ZIPs ever since i started downloading tables, (which would be 2003 if i remember correctly), so should it become necessary i should be able to provide the vast majority of what got hosted on VPForums. (Including ROMs, of course.)

If somebody wants to take a shot at coordinating this, count me in and let me know what you need. Whatever i have of it i will gladly provide, provided the authors dont have any objections. I can set up a PC that can upload 24/7,...

I have a complete copy of their latest VPinMAME torrent which is from August of last year. For those who are already familiar with the aforementioned site, it not difficult to maintain the 1:1 ratio they mandate...In fact I have 3.46:1 ratio right now... All one has to do is build an upload credit by constantly torrenting the most recent full MAME ROM and MAME CHD sets before downloading other sets. Most MAME sets are free; they count for upload credit, but not for download... I had no trouble maintaining a 1:1 ratio even before there was free sets when I joined there 4 years ago. PM me if you want more detailed information.

I think I have nearly all VPM-Tables that were hosted by AJ and could also upload some if the authors agree. I didn't make any changes to the Zip-files.

The greatest thing about AJ's Downloads table page was that ALL of the tables were uploaded by the author or the author asked someone trusted to upload it. You can't really receive better permission then that.

If old tables are going to be uploaded, could they at least have a RELEASE DATE added to the download page, so we know it is NOT a new table and we know what year the table was actually created. I personally don't want to download those really OLD tables anymore thinking they are a new or updated release.

Release Date,...im afraid thats easier said than done.

The Table-ZIPs that i have, all of them, are original and untouched, (i have always tossed them into my 'Newer-Tables' folder right after unpacking the content), which means as far as orientation goes i can be glad if at least the Version Number is included in a ZIPs title.

To check the Release Date of all of these tables would mean an aweful lot of unpacking and researching,...personally i dont have the time for this and i seriously doubt that others do.

So under these circumstances, as much as i would like to honor your request, we will probably have to find some other way,...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back