Upgrade/Project New Feature - Add New Color Schemes to the Forum Using Styles

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
We have added a way to change the style of this forum. If you have problems with eye strain, you may find one of the new options works better for you. ...Or if you want the forum to have a fresh new look, these new options should fill the bill. Styles mostly change the color scheme. But, there may be a few other format changes like headings may be oriented vertically instead of horizontally. It is all part of the style and you should have no problem making your way through it.

You can change the style at the bottom of every page on the forum. When you hover over "XenForo Stock Style" as shown in the screenshot below, you will see "Style chooser" appear. When you click on "XenForo Stock Style", you will see the style options that are available and you can click on them. You can also click on the following link to see the same options:

Add New Color Scheme to the Forum Using Styles.png

ff89sog-jpg.20287

Shades of Grey for me too. ?

Thanks for the Announcement and for all of the Help you guys with the new Styles!

I changed the thread type to a ? type, kindly let us know about any problems that you encounter and ask questions if you have them.

:color::colors:

A Shades of Blue Sample:
Shades of Blue.png

Happy to report that this works great on mobile too.
I like shades of blue quite a bit too but that defeats the purpose of having lenses with filters for it :)

Great work on the themes generally speaking. They all seem to be balanced nicely after quick testing them all.

I like Shades of Blue the best but Blue, Teal and Shades of Grey all help improve my eye strain compared to the the stark white of the default style. Black is difficult for me to read though some of us will probably like it. Grey helps with the eye strain but still a little too bright.

For those of you that struggle with eye strain on your PC, I have found changing the theme on Windows so it uses an RGB of 228, 221, 205 really helps and it is a cream color not far from white.

Hah! The grey kinda reminds me of another website long ago, from a galaxy far away...

Edit: actually if there was a theme only a little darker than standard white, that would suit me pretty well. Grey's good, but kinda wears on me for some reason.

Attachments

• VPF.com.jpg
    VPF.com.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 55
I've been testing the styles since the upgrade yesterday and they seem to be working ok.

Learned something I didn't even know about, when I changed my display from my monitor to my tv using the default style, there was a different logo up top, I know where these entries are in the control panel now and changed it back to the normal logo. Anyway, the styles can look different depending on the size of your display, I knew this before but didn't understand the logo change.

There's a update available with small changes to Shades of Grey, I set these up last year so that style updates would be easier to change, I'm trying to remember stuff.....:bonk:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back