New member Saying hello

Neontrail

Flick Your BIC
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Eight Ball
:wave: Just joined....look forward to finding my way around the forum.

Cheers

Hi!! Any help you need don't hesitate to ask. If you want to learn to make your own games check me out.
:welcome1:

Hey thanks man.....Still trying to find my way around here.

Here are a few pics of what I have.... I need to find a MPU board for my Eight Ball.

27888_10151153031886541_144839217_n.jpg

37108_10151153032931541_897604223_n.jpg

9687_10151153032961541_1123460466_n.jpg

tell us about yourself.

tell us about yourself.

I tried to post some photos... Then the post was under mod approval? Then un approved? :(

This place seems pretty dead....correct me if im wrong?!?!

There arent as many people coming and going as there used to be, but the regulars are always here. You can still get things answered, or just hang...

Not sure what to make of the approval. They've had some recent spam problems, maybe they did something to new members because of this. I did it at my site, you have captcha for the first post, then we know you're ok.

EDIT: Google gave freeimagehosting the All Clear, so there was a problem or there was something wrong with Google, but the warnings are now gone.

:)

Last edited:
I tried to post some photos... Then the post was under mod approval? Then un approved? :(

This place seems pretty dead....correct me if im wrong?!?!
no idea. can't you just post them at some image site and link them? seems to make more sense that way, anyhow.

i imagine you have some machines to show off or something? this site is definitely slow, but one of its strengths is having an arcade technician that checks through here to answer problem issues. a pretty awesome service by any measure.

beyond that, it's basically a 'what you put in to it is what you'll get' kind of site. not the fast musical chairs experience of many sites, but an opportunity to sit down with a couple people and have a pretty good long chat. something like that, anyway.

there are a few techies on this site
as both Itchigo and I have worked on pins in the past
for various arcade companies
but as to the site being 'dead'
yeah it ain't hopping like over at http://www.vpforums.org/
with their numerous cab building areas, talk about hypercabs
active back glasses etc... but what this site does offer
is real heart to heart talks with techies on how to fix your real pin
more so than vpf which tends to revolve around our building of vp pins
where this site talks more on the real commercial ones
all pin sites (including Itchigos) have their strengths and weaknesses
just a matter of what you want to do atm really
itchigos and vpf both have an active chatroom
Here it's more tech talk...
either way have fun playing/building/fixing pins
and sharing with us your hobbies/jobs/obsessions!!

I started collecting and building my basement mancave about a year ago. I always enjoyed pinball, but didnt discover my love for the machines until the last few years. I don't have anything special, but I love what I got! So far

27888_10151153031886541_144839217_n.jpg

Ike.. a member since 2003 ! WOW, thats impressive!

Thanks guys

Hey Neontrail, I was there in '76-'77 playing Bally Eight Ball.
And that is Special. :)

you were in neontrails's mancave in 1967, sleepy? are you the one who drew the cave art hidden behind the masonite sheeting?

anyway, yea... nice stuff, neon. that was a nice middle era between the simple elegance of electromechanicals and the borderline-garish solid state.

2003... yea. there's a bunch of us VPers (including sleepy) who first got in to the scene in the early aughts. i just come and go anymore since my main interests have kind of moved on.

I'm a 38 year old chef / restaurant owner...Married with 2 kids living in a resort town in Idaho mountains ... McCall www.facebook.com/chefGeoffs

What about you Ike..... What's your story and 'new interests" ? Where can I see pics of your machines/arcade/mancave?

cheers

i don't have pinballs anymore. when i started renting apts in the late 90's i couldn't take them with me. but here's a couple shots of my living room / play area:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/nicolasb1966/tablerobot.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/nicolasb1966/robotclose.jpg

sometimes i go to the bigbangbar.org pinball chat, turn on my camera, fire that sucker up, and show 'em how the pros hit. :)

the last game project i built was a sapo game. it's a pitch-and-toss game from peru (i'm half peruvian) using heavy brass coins. i donated my first one to a friend back in philly, but still have the brass parts to make another one, if i care to. they look like this:

sapo-game.jpg

(not sure if that's showing up, but you can easily google pics of it by entering "sapo peru")

i'm 46, and due to long-time physical illnesses, wasn't able to start a family or go too far in a career. i used to do tech and telecom work... sales and programming before that. these days i'm more of a disabled dilettante... i do some sketching and writing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/38097009@N05/sets/72157619422490947/

(roll over images to see quotes)

Last edited:
that sapo game looks way cool
and what part of Philly does it currently reside in?
I live half an hour from Philly and if it is in a bar somewhere
or an arcade I may just have to go see this thing

Mancaves or lack thereof

no man cave for me but I do have this neat little thing sitting in my living/bedroom
it all works great save for the play field which is trashed
I must pop out all the light lenses sand them all down flat,
glue them all back into the play field
then placing glue on their tops then sanding them down
so they sit flush with the damn pf again
then I get to refinish the play field
sigh...

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 275
Mancave

I haven't been around as long as everyone else. I started here in late 2008 with NO computer experience whatsoever. Of course now....
I started building my first "cabinet/controller" when I wasn't even windows literate. Since then I have 11 vp tables, I think, several demo's, youtube tutorials, etc. That's my backstory.

As for my mancave.... I don't have pics on this computer so I'll link you back to my site for them.
http://roguepinball.com/index.php?topic=123.0
http://roguepinball.com/index.php?topic=102.0
:cheers:

Thanks Sleepy, I pm'ed you as well. I went there and nothing came up on my computer using avast. I'm not crazy about Freeimagehost though. Hopefully I can talk to Pintrepid tonight. I'll see what I can find and let you guys know.

Edit: I ran a full scan on this computer after checking things out- clean. Had a few chat friends check things out, np. The general concensus is that Google Chrome is blocking it for some reason, but all appears to be clean. 8:31 pm

Last edited:
no problems here

read about your probs with spammers
but every time I log into your site Itch it seems okay
and I use Firefox 15.0.1 with windows xp
I do not use chrome at all though

Since the transition to Simplemachine forums there has been 0 spam. We also have a pinball question to answer to sign up. I think I have the first post set for captcha only. After the first post we'll know if you're cool. Under PHPBB, we had 5 a day.

About RoguePinball ... Google Chrome might give you the "red screen of death" if there are posts where freeimagehosting.net was used to upload the images. I've scanned the images and don't believe there's any problem with them, other than the freeimagehosting.net being flagged by Google. As far as I know, other browsers like FF and MSIE don't have a problem with these images.

However, we are taking things like this seriously at the Rogue, and I am in the process of purging these images and replacing them from secured locations. Because this is a manual process it may take a few days. So please bear with us.

that sapo game looks way cool
and what part of Philly does it currently reside in?
I live half an hour from Philly and if it is in a bar somewhere
or an arcade I may just have to go see this thing
ah, sorry... it was only the handoff that occurred in philly. my friend lives in central PA, actually. if you were anywhere in peru, you could easily find a bunch of country-style cafes and random places to play the game. in the philly-NJ area? you'd probably need to do your share of googling to find some aficionado's house, then ask him if you could come check it out.

this is a decent short video of how you stand when tossing the fichas (coins). this lift-top version is similar to the one that i built (i made a drawer), not the traditional chute system that was in the pic above. making the full chute-system out of wood is a hell of a lot of work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpATg0WtdoU

anyway, good luck! it's a hell of a great spring-through-fall outdoor game to enjoy with your buds over a case of brewskis. most annoying thing is when someone tosses a ficha in to the grass and it either gets lost or takes 15 minutes to find. real homer simpson time.

Ah me on dial-up.

How close is the chute system to commercial chutes used in coin games?
Maybe a replacement chute from an arcade parts supplier, though offhand I don't know how much they cost.

wow... dialup.

i don't think it would make sense to do it that way, sleepy. if you gaze at the pic and visualise the four different chute-types needed, and the fact that they all have to fit in to the set dimensions of the unit, then it maybe becomes clearer.

i've seen blueprints on the internet in the past... one might want to check those out. or looks like you can buy the whole kit (wood, brass, leather top, etc) for about $300 bucks online to be assembled on your end.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back