NHL TableHockey

"An octopus thrown on the ice"... WTF? :lol:

So I grew up in Philly, and we played stuff like stickball and street hockey until our moms annoyedly called the cows back to the barn each weeknight. Er, well that's typically how my grade-school and early middle-school evenings went, anyway. But gosh.. looking back, those were some awesome days.

My theory is that there's a special brand of kid-sweat that will one day make some chemist a pile of chips. As in-- remember that 'pleasantly-exhausted' feeling at the end of each day, as a kid, having 'used yourself up' during the daytime hours, then head-hitting-the-pillow each night in sleep? Baby!

Oh, you know what else I really loved? Slot-hockey!

Hmm.
What are some good hockey games across VP & FP, and how might they be improved, I wonder..
What's the 'next level' in a VP / FP hockey game?
I played with this game a little a few years back . I added a puck and Bubble

I played with this game a little a few years back . I added a puck and Bubble

Oof, now where were we in the rat-maze game?

Like-- I'd found all the historic version maps, and was supposed to... I think I was supposed to draw one or two of them, flush with my popped-up graphics skills, or something?

(god, I'm an idiot, lol)

Oof, now where were we in the rat-maze game?

Like-- I'd found all the historic version maps, and was supposed to... I think I was supposed to draw one or two of them, flush with my popped-up graphics skills, or something?

(god, I'm an idiot, lol)
I released Rat Race a couple months ago...I tried updating the table graphics with UpScayl like LtJazz is doing with Voltaire, but it didn't seem to do much.

One of the VPX "I.T." Authors offered me a 3d Sewer room model for VR ...but I haven't obtained it yet....I don't use VPX so I would have to load it and get the model

Last edited:
"An octopus thrown on the ice"... WTF? :lol:

So I grew up in Philly, and we played stuff like stickball and street hockey until our moms annoyedly called the cows back to the barn each weeknight. Er, well that's typically how my grade-school and early middle-school evenings went, anyway. But gosh.. looking back, those were some awesome days.

My theory is that there's a special brand of kid-sweat that will one day make some chemist a pile of chips. As in-- remember that 'pleasantly-exhausted' feeling at the end of each day, as a kid, having 'used yourself up' during the daytime hours, then head-hitting-the-pillow each night in sleep? Baby!

Oh, you know what else I really loved? Slot-hockey!

Hmm.
What are some good hockey games across VP & FP, and how might they be improved, I wonder..
What's the 'next level' in a VP / FP hockey game?

Yes, it's a long running Detroit tradition, where someone will throw an Octopus on the ice during the game.

I've always wanted to make a cool modernized NHL hockey table using BAM's latest features.

We could have all the NHL teams and different arenas included directly in the same table, and give you the options to choose your teams, and the table would change based on the home team's arena, have the player's jerseys change... could have animated players on the table.... could even have interactive fights with animations... maybe an octopus is thrown on the ice on the Detroit arena... maybe have the playfield get ice scratches from the ball rolling around... heck we could even easily add the Fox PUCK! :)

I'm not a huge hockey guy, buy since NHL 95 on the Sega Genesis, I've loved simple fun hockey video games. So, if done right, this could be a very cool pinball table. With FP-BAM you have way more options for this kind of table.
Could the fights be added too ?! Lol. Sorry couldn't resiste. Not a TV hockey fun but don't mind it live.

I just ran the EXE once to create the script, picked Hawks for home and Soviets for away, renamed HawksTeam.fpl to HomeTeam.fpl and CCCPAway.fpl to AwayTeam.fpl and it's launchable like normal thru my frontend and BAM. Can't change teams but I'm not a pro hockey guy and there's no stats so IDC. HAHA! It's fun though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back