Official Submission Thread

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Use this thread to submit images for our volunteers to help improve.

I'll be the first. I'd appreciate it is someone would flatten the attached imagefor me. I wish I could, but my mouse hand shakes, and I keep skewing the image worse than it already is. You'll need to either send it back to me as a PM attachment of by email, since I can't view attachments here. Thanks for whatever you can do.

Attachments

• natlpinpilot.jpg
    natlpinpilot.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,043
ruckage said:
I'll give it a go for you. Will PM you when it's done.

Thanks Ruckage, I appreciate it. Now to see if I can fins any rules or game play information about it.

This is a real bad image John. Can't expect miracles, there's very little edge detail here, and it's a very small image to boot. Badly compressed as well, just from the ride range of color hues. I can play with it a bit, but a lot of things would have to be redrawn in by hand as well, that would take too much time. Even the jpeg fixers I have can't fix this one.

Thanks everyone for your efforts. Leon, for some reason I can't view attachments, so I can see what you've done. And Yogi, apreciate your help too. Ruckage flattened it for me and did a partial redraw of the text. I know it wasn't the best image to start with, but I think Ruckage did a grate job. Hopefully it should take to long to make the table. I appreciate everyones help. What a nice bunch of folks.

tiltjlp said:
Thanks everyone for your efforts. Leon, for some reason I can view attachments, so I can see what you've done. And Yogi, apreciate your help too. Ruckage flattened it for me and did a partial redraw of the text. I know it wasn't the best image to start with, but I think Ruckage did a grate job. Hopefully it should take to long to make the table. I appreciate everyones help. What a nice bunch of folks.

Well I only flattened (straightened) the pic and slightly adjusted the contrast so it probably doesn't matter.
HOWEVER:
You might find this one of interest for a future project.
chicagoExpress2.jpg

oh, nice image there. The noise can be taken out quite easily, and so can the shadows, but still... :)

There you go John. The other image, if I remove all the noise, it looks terrible because the red portions are mis shapen and very fuzzy, and the yellow text blows out and merges with the blue

Hey, that Chicago Express appears to have a ramp. A bagatelle with a ramp.... What's next? A bagatelle with flippers?

Thanks a million Leon, that's the best image of Chicago Express I've seen. I really would like to do this one if I can somehow figure out the game play and rules. And there already is a flippered flipperless in my Bob's Nemesis original which morphs into a flipperless if you drop all the targets. But as for real life, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a flipperless that uses flippers somehow. That's the frustrating thing for me, I can see the Chicago Express images you posted Leon, but not the Pilot image. Thanks again.

shiva said:
oh, nice image there. The noise can be taken out quite easily, and so can the shadows, but still... :)

There you go John. The other image, if I remove all the noise, it looks terrible because the red portions are mis shapen and very fuzzy, and the yellow text blows out and merges with the blue

What exactly does it mean to remove the Noise in an image? Doesn't seem logical but I'm sure it would if I understood the term.

tiltjlp said:
shiva said:

What exactly does it mean to remove the Noise in an image? Doesn't seem logical but I'm sure it would if I understood the term.

Noise in an image is basically speckles. Static on a TV screen would be a good example. There are various tools available which can smooth it out whilst retaining detail.

Yeap, like this...

Attachments

• chicagoexpress2.jpg
    chicagoexpress2.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 766
Is there a way to bend a graphic in Photoshop? I want to make this pic into a donut shaped pic, even if I could bend it into a halfmoon shape, I could then put them together for a complete donut. Here's the original and here's the best I could do, which wasn't so great.

Attachments

• keyboard1.jpg
    keyboard1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 763
  • circlekeyboard.jpg
    circlekeyboard.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 781
There is, I just came across a pro one listed, that was designed for replacing the warp etc effects, but no money. :(
I wouldn't know how to do it, text is easy, but not sure on images.

Pretty sure there's a listing for a free filter listed somewhere I have, got a huge list of links and stuff for ps filters. I will have a look tonight

Theres no filter but i think I know a way it could be done - give me a little while to test it and I'll get back to you

Hows this. Quite a big file size as I saved it as a png with transparency so you can easily add it to your other graphics.

Attachments

• piano-donut.png
    piano-donut.png
    370.1 KB · Views: 589
Whoa! Ruckage, that's awesome! Could you tell me how you did that if you used Photoshop?

And a big super thanks from me to you!

Here is a shot of it on the table....

Attachments

• onthetable.jpg
    onthetable.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 727
Ruckage, I think I see how you did it, you took 1 scale of notes or a section of 7 white keys and just edited them and copied and pasted 8 of them around a circle. Cool! Thanks again! I have to remember to think outside the box.... :)

Excellent image enhancement shiva. :)

Here's a starter table for you John. :mrgreen:

qna6v8.jpg

Attachments

• express.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 247
came out a bit dark that. I have a new plug-in to play with, that will change colors better, maybe I can find the time and play a bit with it

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back