Pictures... pictures of our pinball face's places from space

In keeping with the thread topic, here's the new place. Circled in black near the top left of this leafy neighbourhood.
A little bit less isolated than the last place! Five bedrooms, enormous carport, double garage, massive rent,
civilization in the immediate proximity. If I ignore the wallet wack there IS a lot going for it.

NewPlace.jpg

Not sure that having an alternative DNS effects the Map, though I thought I'd mention it anyway. That said, in the few times I have used the Map, it always reports my location incorrectly, once it reported my location as being over the other side of Australia, over 3000 kms away. So just saying, I would not put a lot of faith in the Map.
So I guess the DNS alt still tends to be regional or nation-based?

TBH, I'm here holding up a flickering candle in the dark, but if I had to guess, maybe the more server hops required for a 'scramble' costs more money to the service provider..?

Looks like a nice part of the planet. Really nice!
God, I'd love to live near a proper beach, just for that alone.

Currently I'm kinda right off Lake Erie, and maybe that sounds nice in theory, but the actual waterfront isn't much to enjoy. By that I mean cement water-breaker devices, wave-walls, desolate shore.. that sort of thing.

So... no cute little crabs scuttling about, no goose barnacles washing ashore, few sea birds, little if any quick-burrowing mole crabs... just very little of my beloved sea life, and more, just not much of a proper place to throw a towel down and soak it all in. :s

God, I'd love to live near a proper beach, just for that alone.

Just in case you missed my recent beach catch, there's fish out there...🐟

Meanwhile, front of the ranch at sunset...

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_191633320.jpg
    IMG_20231119_191633320.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231119_191124988.jpg
    IMG_20231119_191124988.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Meanwhile, front of the ranch at sunset...

You live in a tropical paradise!
I bet there are some big bugs down there.
I am also betting there are big spiders that catch those bugs,
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard about a "Bird-eating spider" that lives down there in the land down under?
A spider that eats birds? That has got to be one big spider!!
Do you have any local spiders that are big and worth taking a picture of?
Colorful spiders because of the tropical climate?
The particular area of the Pacific Northwest that I live in, has no native poisonous spiders or snakes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard about a "Bird-eating spider" that lives down there in the land down under?

Mate, we have snake eating spiders...

These aren't from space, but at the new place we have dozens of these cheeky buggers stealing our fruit!

Attachments

• PXL_20231201_075305295.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20231201_075305295.MP~2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
Arkansas has Mayflies. When I lived in New Orleans, there were Love Bugs which are worse than Mayflies.

These aren't from space, but at the new place we have dozens of these cheeky buggers stealing our fruit!
Rainbow lorikeet?

So what kinds of fruit do you have around there, matey? Are there local raptors or such to keep these mini-dinosaurs under control? (I'm a major fan of parrots, but a man's got to have his fruit)

Arkansas has Mayflies. When I lived in New Orleans, there were Love Bugs which are worse than Mayflies.
A couple summers in my 'tweens,' I went to visit relatives in Bettendorf, Iowa, off the mighty Mississippi, for sailing and tennis lessons.

Okay, not sure if I'm remembering this right, but-- one of the things I was blown away by was how hundreds of thousands of mayflies would suddenly molt / emerge from pupae, become adults, mate, and then quickly die, leaving their little bodies scattered all over the wharfs, docks, etc. Although it didn't seem too annoying to me at the time. We'd just wash them away with a hose, and they'd end up back in the big river as food & compost.

So Love Bugs are worse than that?

Yes Rainbow lorikeets. As well as sulfur crested cockatoos like the one in this picture I took yesterday. We have plum trees out the back with mountains of fruit, and some sort of citrus out front. No birds of prey yet. On the farm we had hawks, kites and wedgetailed eagles, so we couldn't leave puppies in the yard. The birds here are much friendlier!

Attachments

• PXL_20231201_081033460.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20231201_081033460.MP~2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
sulfur crested cockatoos
Oh, those buggers. So hilarious, but also obnoxious.

We have plum trees out the back with mountains of fruit, and some sort of citrus out front. No birds of prey yet. On the farm we had hawks, kites and wedgetailed eagles, so we couldn't leave puppies in the yard. The birds here are much friendlier!
Oy. oO

It was such a nice day I just had to ride to the beach, around the harbour and back along the estuary...

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 6
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 6
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 4
  • r6.jpg
    r6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 4
  • r8.jpg
    r8.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 4
  • r9.jpg
    r9.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 5
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 4
  • r12.jpg
    r12.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 5
Looks like you live in paradise!!
Beautiful!!
I would have a hard time staying home, with beaches like that within bike riding range!
I am sure the grass is green and the girls are pretty! Paradise City! lol
Thanks for sharing the pics!

The crystal ball shows that I am indeed down under... 🙃

The ball lost some focus, though it ain't easy taking a snapshot with your nose, trust me...

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 7
  • cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 7
It was such a nice day I just had to ride to the beach, around the harbour and back along the estuary...
Looks like your region is headed for some ~90°F weather in coming days.

I was wondering how hot 'Straya was gonna get this summer. I hope it's not too brutal, but I guess for folks in your town, the nearness of the ocean helps offset that a tad.

Today's forecast fine and sunny with a cool breeze.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231214-075743.png
    Screenshot_20231214-075743.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back