Bally Solved Pool Sharks (Bally, 1990) Display Problem

RStawski

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Pool Shatk
I have Bally's Pool Sharks pinball machine and the entire display has stopped working. I did a preliminary check and the "Diagnostics" led is blinking red. I did the usual things like checking connections etc. and did not see anything that might be causing this issue.

All the fuses appear to be intact and not even certain if there is a fuse that would cause this if it was bad.

Can anyone provide any guidance on this issue with the limited amount of information I have provided?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
on the power supply board 3 fuses are used in the display voltage section. F1 is the input and F2 and F3 are the output voltages. the output voltages are 100volt + and - , both are needed to power up the displays. chances are that one of them is missing. replacing R1 and R4 (both are 39K ohm 1 watt resistors, a high failure rate part) availible from marco, should solve your display problem.

Attachments

• Bally pool sharks manual.JPG
    Bally pool sharks manual.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 252
Thank you for forwarding the manual.

However, to run the diagnostics, I need the display to tell me what is occurring.

Does anyone have any idea on how to proceed on this problem.

Thanks.

on the power supply board 3 fuses are used in the display voltage section. F1 is the input and F2 and F3 are the output voltages. the output voltages are 100volt + and - , both are needed to power up the displays. chances are that one of them is missing. replacing R1 and R4 (both are 39K ohm 1 watt resistors, a high failure rate part) availible from marco, should solve your display problem.

Solution
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: mykron23 has left the room.
      Back