BAM FP Real Plunger For Future Pinball!!

Future Pinball
OK, I'll have a deeper look at that.

Better (look at JPR in the script)

Attachments

• ```JPsPlungerCodeDemoGeorgeHMod2.fpt
    224.5 KB · Views: 3
The plunger is still active after you press the arrow keys. I added some debug code. When the arrow is pressed, the status changes back and forth from blank and false but as soon as you press the plunger key the status changes to true. Maybe we should use a different key to launch the ball after using the up and down arrow keys (right arrow key?).

This may not be worth pursuing much further.

Attachments

• ```JPsPlungerCodeDemoGeorgeHMod2.fpt
Last edited:
Where is the problem? After using the arrow kays, you have to press the plunger key in order to launch the ball.

Where is the problem? After using the arrow kays, you have to press the plunger key in order to launch the ball.

When you press the plunger key after using the arrow keys, the plunger will continue to pull back which negates the precision of the arrow keys. It is more obvious if you hold the plunger key down a while after using the arrow keys. The trick is you need to disable the key press of the plunger (plunger pull) but be able to use the key release (plunger letgo). If you assign the letgo function to the right arrow key, you can avoid having to deactivate the plunger pull function of the plunger key.

The change was so easy that I was able to do it myself. It doesn't even need a flag. See what you think of using the right arrow key to letgo of the plunger.

Attachments

• ```JPsPlungerCodeDemoGeorgeHMod.fpt
    224.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I think it's a bad idea to have an other key. Let me some time as I think problem could be solve with no other key.

I think it's a bad idea to have an other key. Let me some time as I think problem could be solve with no other key.
You are a better coder than I but I tried several methods using a flag without success. My guess is it will require a method other than using a flag.

Try that

Attachments

• ```JPsPlungerCodeDemoGeorgeHMod4.fpt
Cool! You got it to work with just one change! I thought it would take more than that. I couldn't figure it out.

If PlungerPercentage = 0 Then PlungerKeyPressed = True

It looks like this is not needed under BeginPlay:

PlungerKeyPressed = ""

Thanks JP!

Last edited:

Latest posts

P
Replies
Views
Pinball News
P
Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back