Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
update fizx and gfx...
elm street
Jurassic Park
twilightZone

I might update my previous version of Jurassic Park which updated the graphics so all I would really need to do is add FizX.

On Twilight Zone, you might try one of the Shiva flipper settings that are available on the menu. I think they perform better than the George\Gimli flippers which is the default. Press the Special 2 key to open the menu before you start the game.

I might update my previous version of Jurassic Park which updated the graphics so all I would really need to do is add FizX.

On Twilight Zone, you might try one of the Shiva flipper settings that are available on the menu. I think they perform better than the George\Gimli flippers which is the default. Press the Special 2 key to open the menu before you start the game.
So, I was thinking of improving the flippers on some of the FP tables I once helped update, such as Commander Cody.

In your opinion, would FizX, DF2, Shiva or George/Gimli flippers be the best upgrade for a nincompoop such as myself who simply wants to do a blanket upgrade without making specific tweaks?

i use shiva flippers,
thank you

So, I was thinking of improving the flippers on some of the FP tables I once helped update, such as Commander Cody.

In your opinion, would FizX, DF2, Shiva or George/Gimli flippers be the best upgrade for a nincompoop such as myself who simply wants to do a blanket upgrade without making specific tweaks?

The Shiva flippers on TZ were problematic for me to install but I plugged through it and got it done. I don't think I will ever do it again. The George/Gimli flippers would probably be easiest but they are not as good as FizX. I wrote a guide that I think you have used before on how to do it.

If you're feeling adventurous you might try FizX first. You can install the code in the script without making all the changes to the table like adding rubber posts and all that. It should make the flippers work but not anything else. You might try adding the script from the All-In-One example table I attached. I copied the steps you need to do from the script:

' - change slope in FP editor (between 5.0 to 6.0, start with 5.5)
' - create a Timer named BallRolling_Update_Timer (not enabled)
' - create a HUD DMD named FizXDMD

' - copy all the new code from the example table, starting from "COPY ALL CODE TO ANOTHER TABLE - START HERE!" to "COPY ALL CODE TO ANOTHER TABLE - END HERE!"
' - paste the new code to your table under Option Explicit

I attached a version of the All-In-One where I deleted the tweaker to avoid adding more code. There is a lot of code for the Fleep sounds but it should just run without playing any audio or producing error messages (I think). Hopefully, you can figure out how to add a HUD DMD and timer using the options at the bottom of the FP edit screen.

If this doesn't work, just add the George/Gimli flippers. Let me know how it works out.

Attachments

• Try This.fpt
    18.6 MB · Views: 1
@GeorgeH,
Thanks!

Right then, I'll give that a try after I finish my latest project update..

fizX changes the physics settings... DUH.....lol
no I mean mass 70 gravity 1800
the numbers are alot different.
I noticed with elmstreet it playes slow..... and the r and l kicker bumbers didnt function.
hes using rotation chart flippers so changing the physics to fizx tutorial threw me some errors.
im working on it, just giving you a heads uo.
importing is easy and i have it playable, i have all sounds and video so im not sure (per georges post) that you will
if I delete dynamic flippers and zballrolling, i get mediation errors right now, so debugging that, first is getting the new physics xlm working.... i was bored and needed something to do and Ive been away from this for a while.

anyways newbie helps nincompoop... grin
you may need a lot of alcohol or some good weed... unfortunatly I dont do either (anymore) I do dumb enough shit ...

also added times added HUDdmd correct names set tweaker etc to true and nothing on display.

It is possible to apply the flippers with nothing else to tables. I will have to think about it a little further. I probably shouldn't have started with the All In One table.

well, i learn quick, im having newbie issues with names and what they look like because I want to know it all now.. lol

roght away i ge6t dof and pup errors even if I set them to false. i didnt turn each item, if i delete the whole dof and sound section and leave zballrolling and dynamic flipper in main code everything kinda works.
i just set the main flippers in the table , however the settings were pretty close the the tutorial table..
so it isnt the flipper its the code in the table im guessing.
so its easy to add im just not sure what to match the code with.
other dof and pup tables work so Im wondering why i get those errors

I am allowed to try and update elmstreet arent I, I thought they were free to mod
does Slam ever come on here?

I am allowed to try and update elmstreet arent I, I thought they were free to mod
does Slam ever come on here?

Slam has given permission for anyone to mod his tables as long as you do not convert them to Visual Pinball. If you want to add FizX, watch Terry's video. If you want to publish the table, everyone will expect to add all the table objects (or you can't call it FizX). I was just trying to hack a version for Nic's personal use.

Slam has given permission for anyone to mod his tables as long as you do not convert them to Visual Pinball. If you want to add FizX, watch Terry's video. If you want to publish the table, everyone will expect to add all the table objects (or you can't call it FizX). I was just trying to hack a version for Nic's personal use.
To be clear-- I was thinking that upgrading flipper-physics would be for the purposes of updating some FP tables here at PN. These were a few motley tables that I'd restored here after determining that it was okay with the original authors. The tables were uploaded before Charles' Herculean 'PSDB upload project,' of course.

As with Commander Cody above, mainly what I did was to add a second version of the table with DF2 flippers enabled, for those who wanted to give that a shot.

Okay, not sure I needed to explain all that, but just in case I thought I would. :-)

hows about calling it Fiz... lol half assed mod like my evil kenievel.. lol

hows about calling it Fiz... lol half assed mod like my evil kenievel.. lol

You should check with JLou5641. He might be OK with it if you call it Dynamic Flippers 2 and not FizX but you need to check.

To be clear-- I was thinking that upgrading flipper-physics would be for the purposes of updating some FP tables here at PN. These were a few motley tables that I'd restored here after determining that it was okay with the original authors. The tables were uploaded before Charles' Herculean 'PSDB upload project,' of course.

As with Commander Cody above, mainly what I did was to add a second version of the table with DF2 flippers enabled, for those who wanted to give that a shot.

Okay, not sure I needed to explain all that, but just in case I thought I would. :-)

You should check with JLou5641. He might be OK with it if you call it Dynamic Flippers 2 and not FizX but you need to check.

I asked him if I could write a tutorial on how to do it. I will let you know what he says.

Yes... this is important to understand.

When you mod a table and "upload" it to share on site like this, etc..... there are certain expectations that come with that.

If you label a table as having "FizX"... there are certain minimum things that should be done to the table. If someone downloads a table having had "FizX", they think it should be able to play like xxx, and if the table does not play like xxx, then it gives people a bad impression of what FizX is. (the same goes for VPX and adding nFozzy to a table) You can't just copy / paste FizX code, make a couple of adjustments and call it a day, as there is much more to it than that. The FizX code changes everything in regards to physics settings, so the entire table needs proper updating.

You need at a minimum:

- newer FizX code added to the table
- table completely adjusted to work correctly with FizX (slope, settings, etc)
- new FizX slingshot objects added
- new FizX slingshot commands / code added
- new FizX bumper objects added, old methods removed
- new FizX rubbers added to the slingshots and the rest of the table
- very thorough testing / adjusting to the entire table, and all functions need to be completely tested, as FizX code may change / break something if they conflict, etc.

If you don't do the above at a minimum, then you shouldn't be calling a table mod a FizX mod, etc.

When you mod someone else's table, and use someone else's code / work (FizX).... keep in mind you are representing their work when uploading any mods / updates for someone to download. Out of respect for their work / art..... the burden rests on you to be sure it is done correctly.

This is one of the reasons I started doing my own "PinEvent" releases, as I wanted a minimum standard for my mods / updates / tables that everyone can recognize and know... it will have xxx features and they will work as expected.

@TerryRed,
Ah.. I see.
And yeap, that makes loads of sense to me about representing authors' work properly. Well said.

@GeorgeH,
In that case I think I should settle for DF2 for such projects, unless you suggest an alt.

In a different world I'd love to plow in to this stuff and pursue the ideal upgrade, FizX or otherwise, but for the time being I have other hobby projects I'm trying to juggle, only a couple related to the pinsim scene. Plug-n-play is definitely what I'm after for this small handful of tables.

When you mod someone else's table, and use someone else's code / work (FizX).... keep in mind you are representing their work when uploading any mods / updates for someone to download. Out of respect for their work / art..... the burden rests on you to be sure it is done correctly.
:clap::cheers:

Guys,

JLou is OK with adding just the flipper and slingshot code to other tables. He wants to call it "FizX Lite Edition" which is good for you guys because the name FizX has become popular. I will be posting it as a tutorial. Before I post it, I will let JLou look at the code to make sure it is right. ...So it might be a few days or so.

George

I have the code needed and am working on the tutorial for "FizX Lite Edition" which will be posted here:

@GeorgeH
Awesome, thank you!
It's a hell of a read. Properly replacing DF with FizX Lite is my main concern, but hopefully I can get it right.

@GeorgeH
Awesome, thank you!
It's a hell of a read. Properly replacing DF with FizX Lite is my main concern, but hopefully I can get it right.

It is a little more work to add than DF but it is worth it. I had to use a lot of words to do something simple because I assumed that no one knows how to do anything on FP. To remove DF, just go the reverse of this tutorial. Hopefully, it has this line at the end of the flippers:

=== End of Dynamic Flipper Settings ===

It is a little more work to add than DF but it is worth it. I had to use a lot of words to do something simple because I assumed that no one knows how to do anything on FP. To remove DF, just go the reverse of this tutorial. Hopefully, it has this line at the end of the flippers:

=== End of Dynamic Flipper Settings ===
Ah, yes it does. It opens with '=== PHYSICS XML === and continues on... looks like 163 lines total until that final message. Wow, that's a lot more than I remember.

Sound about right?

Btw, I'm working with a table version that I'd successfully added a static BG image to via an "ornament," thanks to your help here. A question now occurs:

The background effect of stars (see other thread for pic) looks so dang excellent that I'm wondering if it could be kicked up a notch to become animated? For example, if I replaced the current GIF texture with an animated GIF, might that work? Or might there be some other way to bring off the effect?

Quite a while back I seem to remember... maybe Steve, Terry or Bob showing off such an effect, altho they were doing it with PF objects IIRC.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: bud_666nir has left the room.
      Back