Shockman's Bowling Machine

can you put spin on the ball? this would not be too difficult to add. Also, if you want some bowling sounds I think I can get you some nice ones.

I can get the ball to dance the Cha-Cha, but I don't think spin was a nornal action on these small scale bowlers with small scale balls. Does that billiard engine use table slope and/or .velx and y? I am going to switch to level to set, -something to roll (this will get rid of any chance of the failures on the corners where the ball would roll back down) and +3 or so to return the ball.

Thanks highrise, I have alot of bowling sounds. But not a single Bowler sound. I need scoring bells and whistles, Fanfair, oops, gutters, miss, hit, game over, powerup, mechs. etc. These don't have to be samples though just aproximations based on guess or memory.

I will include any ball decals that anyone submits too. (custom and personalized graphics, avatars, monograms etc.)

here's a few bits that might come in handy. Not great but maybe you can work with them. I can try and find some more.

Attachments

• bowl.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 489
There is a sound in there I like. It's the machine sound in the background. I think I can get just enough a stretch of it to do something with.
Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'll work with it a bit.
Thanks a bunch.

Bowler 1.1 I think would let you put spin on the ball, and reverse it too. Use the flipper or tilt keys to drive the ball.

Hea Shock... since you mentioned turning your back on me.....does this mean you'll not discuss with me about this Bowling machine? Are you going to remove my name from the script as well? I didn't mean to offend you with the lastest BS and I didn't think you'd get involved personally. I have not gotten myself involved in any of your problems with VPF and I thought I could expect the same of you here. No? Sorry you took offence of what I've done, but a few people got to personal with me and I wanted to offend them in return so they would know how it feels. Maybe now they'll think twice before the spewing insults towards someone

I forgot BizzleBowl in the script. In fact the internal table name is BizzleBowl, instead of Table1.

I need to put some work into that and call it done.

The abortions hit me hard man. I can't imagine the point you were trying to make.

The man that was on you like flies on shit, John, went overboard as well.

Personally, I can and do forgive you. When people push buttons they don't know, then they can not blame anyone else on what happens, especially the machine the button is attached to. However, there are few if any more folks here that feel that way. I don't think you are really like that. If you are, then you deserve the shun, if not, you could work towards forgiveness IMO. And I hate to give my opinion because I'm not sure that anyone else would forgive you and I would not like to see you make a real big effort, that falls flat. They banned you at VPO did they? a life long ban? How about VPF? What is your status there? Do people talk to you there?

You need to say you're sorry, as a start. It don't matter if you don't think that is fair, or that others need to as well, You have to take care of Ron's part.

I'd say if you could get a scant few to forgive you, and a majority to let it go, and no one hounding you the rest of your membership that you are lucky.
And I do wish you good luck Ron.

The bowler, I'm in no mood to discuss that.

Shockman said:
I forgot BizzleBowl in the script. In fact the internal table name is BizzleBowl, instead of Table1.

I need to put some work into that and call it done.

The abortions hit me hard man. I can't imagine the point you were trying to make.

The man that was on you like flies on shit, John, went overboard as well.

Personally, I can and do forgive you. When people push buttons they don't know, then they can not blame anyone else on what happens, especially the machine the button is attached to. However, there are few if any more folks here that feel that way. I don't think you are really like that. If you are, then you deserve the shun, if not, you could work towards forgiveness IMO. And I hate to give my opinion because I'm not sure that anyone else would forgive you and I would not like to see you make a real big effort, that falls flat. They banned you at VPO did they? a life long ban? How about VPF? What is your status there? Do people talk to you there?

You need to say you're sorry, as a start. It don't matter if you don't think that is fair, or that others need to as well, You have to take care of Ron's part.

I'd say if you could get a scant few to forgive you, and a majority to let it go, and no one hounding you the rest of your membership that you are lucky.
And I do wish you good luck Ron.

The bowler, I'm in no mood to discuss that.

Shock....I am banned from nowhere. I did what I did out of anger and hurt feeling (no more, no less) and I have no intentions to say I'm sorry to those I intended to offend unless they're willing to meet me half way. To the rest of the members here I will say I'm sorry they had to witness such childish actions from me. I didn't take it very well when someone compared me to my Senenity table as if that table meant I no longer have any freedom to make any complaints about something. BS
When I hear John say he's sorry, then he'll hear the same from me in return. Do I like being bitter?! No I don't. I ask of nothing but respect and will give respect in return.

John is not sorry. You are never going to hear otherwise. I asked you, or did I?, I think I suggested that you say you are sorry, not to apologise. I would not ask you to lie, and that is what an apology would be, no? Same with John, an apology would be a lie and I don't wanbt to here an apology from either of you.

Being sorry and saying so is different from an apology. I'm sorry this happened, and I'm sorry that John is gone. And I am sorry that you will never get an ounce of respect from this membership (like shiva, I don't say community) but I'm not going to apologize for it because I had no part in it.

So now that you understand. Are you sorry this happened? Will you say at least that?

Do you still post at VPO?

Shockman said:
John is not sorry. You are never going to hear otherwise. I asked you, or did I?, I think I suggested that you say you are sorry, not to apologise. I would not ask you to lie, and that is what an apology would be, no? Same with John, an apology would be a lie and I don't wanbt to here an apology from either of you.

Being sorry and saying so is different from an apology. I'm sorry this happened, and I'm sorry that John is gone. And I am sorry that you will never get an ounce of respect from this membership (like shiva, I don't say community) but I'm not going to apologize for it because I had no part in it.

So now that you understand. Are you sorry this happened? Will you say at least that?

Of course I'm sorry this happened. John did a lot for me and it hurt my feeling for him to turn on me the way he did. All because I created a Serenity pinball table?! Yes.
Stupid, just plain stupid. :(

I can post anywhere.

I agree that John has a very special way dealing with people. I think he is manic or something.

Shockman said:
I agree that John has a very special way dealing with people. I think he is manic or something.

I don't know what his personal problems are but I know one should not make personal judgements of someone over a pinball table. Why he choose to do that I'll never understand.

I really did like him.

rpbizzle47 said:
I don't know what his personal problems are but I know one should not make personal judgements of someone over a pinball table. Why he choose to do that I'll never understand.

I really did like him.

If you truly did indeed like him, then why not present an apology to him?

Even if you think you did no wrong, if you feel that John was a friend, what is the harm in apologizing?

PcwaG said:
rpbizzle47 said:

I really did like him.

If you truly did indeed like him, then why not present an apology to him?

Even if you think you did no wrong, if you feel that John was a friend, what is the harm in apologizing?

I have no problem with apologizing to John and I'd like to hear the same from him. I KNOW what I did was wrong. I wanted to piss him off as much as he pissed me off.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm willing to meet him half way.

Can I quote you on that Ron?

StevOz said:
Can I quote you on that Ron?

Please do! My gosh, I didn't what him to leave here.

What we need to do is to drop all this hatefulness between us an get on with life. It's too short to let petty BS get in our way. I'll even be the first one to say: Hea JOHN, I''m sorry I hurt your feelings man. Peace

Well said Ron. :) A little late, but better late than never as somebody once said!

A little late? It's the first apology from either I read.

I think an apology or a sorry - I don't understand the difference at all - doesn't change Johns decision. As I understand from what I've read here over the past month (or longer?), the last dispute made the final decision, but wasn't the (only) reason.

Independent of that and independent of right or wrong in the point, I don't understand what people think they can reach with continously insults, offence and whatelse. After the first shock and a bad reply, there should be always a way back to friendly disagreeing in normal words. Where is the need for (mostly, but not only verbal) fights, that make it impossible to come toghether again?

An apology is a request for forgiveness, therefore an admission of some level of guilt. Being sorry, well, that is just to not want or like it.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back