Site Status

Another upgrade was attempted, think it might have worked....:scratch:

Upgraded the XF base software, the Resource and Media sections were also improved.

There were a lot of changes, let us know if something is tilted...:geekdance:

I had a report about YouTube videos suddenly not working on the site from this thread:
There was a change at Youtube that broke all XF youtube embedded videos yesterday, thanks for the information!
XenForo 2.2.6 Patch 2 was installed a few minutes ago, (6:15 pm EDT) it looks like embedded YouTube videos now work!

Four Add-Ons were upgraded today:

Standard Library (Used by the Multi-Prefix Addon) updated.
Multi Prefix was updated, includes some changes that we've been hoping for.
The Member Map was updated.
A different Donation system was updated, this still isn't active, I've been waiting for some changes and will test it out again.

Let me know if some things don't seem to be working.
:headscratch:

Oh?... Tom Swift suggestively intimated.

Eventually, Jon understood that Nic / Ike was *fishing* for further details in terms of the prefix update.

Annoyedly, Nic / Ike tapped his foot (not unlike a spoiled brat),
waiting for an actual response.

(but dear readers-- would such a thing ever arrive? Because as we all know, it's plain, dang-ol' suspense that truly makes a story. :-D )

Attachments

• tom-swifties-puns-that-turn-adverbs-into-punchlines-humor-43@1x.jpg
    tom-swifties-puns-that-turn-adverbs-into-punchlines-humor-43@1x.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 48
:headscratch:
Under "Resources", the search works when I click on the prefixes on the "Discussion" tab. They don't work on the "Overview" tab.

I finally added a thread about the Multi Prefix Add-On, it was updated again today:
Under "Resources", the search works when I click on the prefixes on the "Discussion" tab. They don't work on the "Overview" tab.
Yes, discovered that shortly after it was installed in early June, the prefixes are clickable on any of the other resource pages, still hope to get that function added.
Some of the hoped for changes to the add-on included many better templates, (forum and resource category views) changes for a bunch of prefixes, batch functions and more clickable options.

Big changes are coming on Friday September 3rd, between 1AM and 7AM PDT our database is being updated from 5.7 to version 8. This should only take about 10 minutes and the process isn't anything that I can schedule, when this happens the site will be down. I've been researching this to hopefully avoid any problems, just a heads up!
:safesofa:

@JonPurpleHaze

it may be that I am wrong, but I have noticed many times, that when I receive a private message, or a notification, that is, if I am inside any thread, both the message and the notification, do not arrive in real time, I have to exit the thread and go back to the homepage by clicking on "forum", and then I see them arrive .... I don't know if it's normal like this or is right so! but this prevents you from seeing the notifications or message if I decide to leave the site (off-line) in that thread

Look for Push notifications in your preferences here:
Users still need to enable notifications for Pinball Nirvana in whatever browser they are using, in Firefox the link is next to the web address.

Hope that helps, while you are on the site, any page refresh will show the red icons for new Conversations and Alerts that are displayed in the header on all pages.

Big changes are coming on Friday September 3rd, between 1AM and 7AM PDT
The changes are coming, 60 minutes until the start window, hope we overcome this, I expect XF and all core Add-Ons (Resources and Media) to be fine . Some of the other Add-Ons might need faith... ⏳

if I'm not mistaken I had everything selected from before.
Users still need to enable notifications for Pinball Nirvana in whatever browser they are using, in Firefox the link is next to the web address.
I did not understand what firefox has to do with it, I did not know that something had to be done about it .... here is a picture of me,
what should I do?I clicked on what I have, but didn't see anything about anything on the notifications.
Catturarr.JPG

I repeat to me the notifications and messages have always come to me, I never said that they do not reach me ..... only that as I said above, if I am on this thread I am replying to you for example, if someone sends me a message or I receive a notification (from another user, for something .... like a "like") does not arrive in real time, while I am on this thread, but as soon as I go out and return to the "homepage" by clicking on "forum "they all come to me.

All appears to be working for me
me too .... but pay attention when messages and notifications arrive to you ...... if you want we can do a test in real time .... so let's see what happens.

Users still need to enable notifications for Pinball Nirvana in whatever browser they are using, in Firefox the link is next to the web address. ...
As I recall giving repeated feedback long ago, push notifications have never worked for me via Chrome. That said, I just noticed there's a CDN javascript that wants to run here (jsdelivr.net), that may be creating the issue. Because I seem to have had it disabled with uMatrix. :blush:

So I'll let you know on that one.

Meanwhile, and I also recall saying this in the past-- having your basic chatroom (across a variety of platforms) play various sounds has been a common option for... what, like ~25 years now? So it would be pretty baffling to me if somehow XF didn't have this as a core feature, or at least a popular add-on. So I think I agree with @paulo in that sense.

Then again, does anybody really use the chatroom here? I can't remember seeing an occupant for ages. So maybe figuring out how to get sounds playing consistently is absolutely -not- a worthwhile time-sink! :p

So I think I agree with @paulo in that sense.
Oops ....:bonk::oops: this your post I immediately received the notification, even if I was on another thread .....:shockedalien:I don't know what happened ..... a miracle ??? but this has never happened to me before.

Nico,if you put the wrong name I don't get the notification @paulo is wrong.... @Paolo is correct
Then again, does anybody really use the chatroom here? I can't remember seeing an occupant for ages. So maybe figuring out how to get sounds playing consistently is absolutely -not- a worthwhile time-sink!
I would like to use it (since I'm the moderator among other things), but I see that almost no one is willing ... now I don't understand why? I give an example:

if i am helping with something .... and i need more information, and i would like to talk to that interested person,in real time that's why i say that if there was a sound or a notification, or something that catches the attention of that person that I can call her, I may have a better chance of being able to bring him to the chat

because.. are two the things: and here I agree with you Nico, or nobody is interested in chatting, even about things that could be useful in terms of pinball machines .... or nobody sees the writing below, I greeted three people in public chat , and so far no one answers me .... why?

@JonPurpleHaze @Isaac Sauvage
so i think almost everyone has the chat disabled, now i don't want to be misunderstood, i don't want to force anyone to use the chat, but if they keep it disabled then all our efforts are in nothing, i say, maybe there is an option that you could activate for everyone, that is, the one that the chat is activated automatically....what do you think?
Well, keep in mind that chat is only "disabled" in the sense that a user has it either turned on or off, something which only takes a moment.

Then again, does anybody really use the chatroom here? I can't remember seeing an occupant for ages. So maybe figuring out how to get sounds playing consistently is absolutely -not- a worthwhile time-sink! :p
Ah crap, I just realised that I'm an idiot. Er, when it comes to the bolded! The issue is that I have the site zoomed in to 110% in order to read better, but that also has the effect of truncating the menu bar.

So "Chat" being the right-most menu item, it no longer appears for me (see attachment, orange circle). In other words, that probably explains why I haven't seen anyone chatting in ages. :blush:

TBH I don't care too much since I'm not a chat fan. Mostly I find it a cumbersome waste of my time. Which is why I prefer a message / email, or just talking on the phone. That said-- I'll occasionally hit the Big Bang Bar, since it draws a good, regular crowd.

I would like to use it (since I'm the moderator among other things), but I see that almost no one is willing ... now I don't understand why? I give an example:

if i am helping with something .... and i need more information, and i would like to talk to that interested person,in real time that's why i say that if there was a sound or a notification, or something that catches the attention of that person that I can call her, I may have a better chance of being able to bring him to the chat

because.. are two the things: and here I agree with you Nico, or nobody is interested in chatting, even about things that could be useful in terms of pinball machines .... or nobody sees the writing below, I greeted three people in public chat , and so far no one answers me .... why?
As I've observed it, people trying to get other people to cooperate and communicate in the pin sim scene has (often? usually?) been a real PITA.

Personally I've found that it usually helps to get a sense of what the other person's priorities are, then to write friendly, concise messages. Make sure your meaning is clear, proofread as much as you can, get right to the point, and try to keep it positive. These things can make a real difference as I see it.

Btw, sorry for misspelling your name; duly noted! D:

Attachments

• Chat disappeared.jpg
    Chat disappeared.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 47
@JonPurpleHaze
inserting a post on xenforo, see photo, I noticed a detail, there is the delete box, see photo .....
Cattura555.JPG

so an author of his post has the possibility to delete it, here in PN, we don't have this?

Very Interesting Paolo, we must have different permissions at that site, I have to be careful before posting there because I can't even edit my posts, delete also isn't available for me there.

The delete permissions here are disabled for Registered Users although they can edit their own content, we had a problem a long time ago with a user deleting all of their posts and the threads made no sense after this. Perhaps we can revisit this in the future, if needed.
I'll be responding to your question in the Chat thread but there are also notification settings in the Chat program.

@JonPurpleHaze
there seems to be a problem with the "em" tags, when I try to save I get an error

5.JPG
Cattura88.JPG

@Paolo,
Some tags were not valid because they are TOO SHORT, too long, or contain disallowed text. Please change the following tags: em

Also as mentioned in Nitro's thread, yesterday.
Cheers.

Some tags were not valid because they are TOO SHORT, too long, or contain disallowed text. Please change the following tags: em

Also as mentioned in Nitro's thread, yesterday.
Cheers.
I know it's short, in fact I was suggesting if it could be solved
in that list of tags, who put "em"? if "em" is too short for the system, either solve it by putting it in quotes, or remove it permanently

Last edited:
Ops.....sorry @JonPurpleHaze i'm an idiot, i noticed this
Cattura5555.JPG

apparently the list that appears is not restricted .... can you write what you want? also hello=ciao in Italiano
I did not know, I thought that in the tags you could only write tags concerning the pinball machines ..... not that I could also say hello to my mother ???? it would be an idea:hysterical

Catturauuuuuu.JPG

Tags don't have to added to the software like Prefixes do, they can be anything that's typed in. While typing in a tag name previously used tags will appear like typing "Gott" will show Gottlieb as a match. I have shortened the minimum tag length from 3 to 2 but still think Elecro-Mechanical is better than EM.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back