Site Status

Site was updated today, the forums took awhile, hope that it works!

The Multi Prefix and the Chat Add-On were also updated, I think @Paolo and me reported the problems with notifications of chat activity in other browser tabs and they fixed it?

I'm preparing for my 2nd physical move in 28 years, hope we survive!

:pinball:

Just a heads up, the site might be down for up to a hour later today or tonight.

Upgrades have been being prepared for the forum software (including the Resource Manager and Media Gallery) and most of our Add-Ons.
oO

Took a little longer than planned but the forum software was upgraded today.

These were also Upgraded:
Resource Manager (Downloads) Upgraded
Media Gallery Upgraded
Chat Add-On Updated
Shoutbox Add-On Upgraded
Multi Prefix Add-On Upgraded
RSS Feed Filter Add-On Upgraded
Donation system Add-On Upgraded
Standard Library Add-On Upgraded

I've done some preliminary testing and haven't noticed any problems yet but I think they might be out there lurking....
:shaking2:
Many of our other Add-Ons remained unchanged and there could also be some problems with styles, as always kindly let us know about problems.

@JonPurpleHaze
The Prefixes are working in Discussion topics, but now the Prefixes in Overview topics are not working.
Good thing I added matching tags to both Discussion and Overview Topics!!

For the life of me I don't get how "Chat" works. Right now I have Chat on my browser with a green 1 next to it. I presume it must mean I have a message there but when I click on Chat. All I get is a message that says "You haven't joined any rooms." On the right side of this screen has a link to Conversations but it is set to 0. Since there appears there must be some sort of message I would think clicking on it should open the message but no. Occasionally, I hear something like chimes going off. I don't know what that is either. How does this Chat work?

I think the prefixes in the Overview tab in the resources have never been clickable, had a suggestion about this to the developer.
Strangely, prefixes are clickable everywhere else including the many Resources index pages.

I was in the chat, the Green means somebody is actively in the chat. I think what you are describing is being inactive or active and joined into a forum activity chat room. You can hear a sound and see a message on the bottom of the screen with chat enabled at the bottom of the home page.

Hope that makes sense! Browse the Chat rooms to see what you are joined in and these notifications will be added or deleted (default).

Last edited:
I had the same as George. Green 1 at top of page next to chat tab.
Thanks for the info!!
I usually have that chat disabled.

I thought it was other way around on the Prefixes. Sorry about that. My mistake.

OK If the chat says someone is in the chat. it seems like you should be able to see who is there or what they are posting instead of nothing. Is there a way to do that instead of joining all the chats?

Also I have found some Private Conversations in the past that I never knew were there until months later. Is there a way to get notified? I think Paolo had me set something up once where I got notified once but it doesn't do it anymore.

@GeorgeH
If you click the bell at top of forums page and then click preferences, it will show you a list of things that you can get notified about.

A updated version of the Multi Prefix Add-On was released today!
Updated to 2.11.1 awhile ago, hope it's working.

Everything seems to be working.
You can really hone in on certain searches with these prefixes!!
You can add as many prefixes as you like with the filter dropdown on right side of page when searching.

Release notes:
  • Fix API support for @XenConcept's Project Manager not working as expected
  • Support displaying multiple prefix descriptions in a thread
There's a setting with Multi Prefix that has my brain fried...
I've previously inquired about this and still don't understand it.

Multiple prefixes filter type:
  • and
    or
When multiple prefixes are selected, AND or OR them together.
And is check marked, I think the 2 or's in the description might be screwing with me.:whiteflag:

Last edited:
I can't find an "and" or an "or". lol

I am just clicking on resource page and then using the filter option to add any prefixes i want to add to search.
Capture.PNG

I can't find an "and" or an "or"
This setting is in the ACP and still has me confused, 2 or's screwing with me..

Chat has been updated!:check:

Admin testing of a reputation reaction score add-on.

The site has had response time problems for awhile, it seems to be much better than a couple of days ago and I'm going to try and install some software updates. The site will be down in about a half hour from now, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes if all goes well.

The forum software has been updated to the latest, I think updates for the Media Gallery and Resources will be released soon.

Chat add-on has been updated
The Shoutbox has been updated
Standard Library has been updated

I hope things work and am testing, I'm still experiencing some site response problems that should be fixed.

The Chat Add-On has been Updated.

:grouphug:
:updated::chat:

If I understand correctly, the site also moved hosts recently, solving the shitty connection / lag issues we were having for... around a whole month?

IMO that's a clarification worthy of a separate post / announcement, and furthermore, you deserve all the credit in the world Jon for gittinerdone. But also-- don't us USERS also deserve a hefty "thank you" for lasting it out and getting to the other side?

"DO IT."
--Palpatine

Yeah, Thanks Users, I feel bad that the sporadic lags and errors took too long to fix (May 26th), the sad part about it is that a server change fixed it after spending days with troubleshooting. The good news is that the many changes that were made prior to that, like upgrading the php should only help in the long run. :colors:

Thanks for your patience during the problems all, many, many things were attempted to get the site speed problems fixed.

I'm still in the process of making other changes but we moved to a different server on Thursday and the problems are gone!

I'm still testing but it seems to be ok.

:salut:

Last edited:
The forum software has been updated to the latest today, testing seems to be ok so far....

Please report any problems that you run into..8-)

Last edited:
So, there was a problem with the update which was completed on Sunday, this only affected Guests with certain types of Forum searches. It didn't show up for Registered Users.

This bug should be fixed later today....:sumo:

Last edited:
Hey All,

About time for some updates!

I've been preparing for these software updates and just wanted to try and give a heads up, I expect this to happen soon but can't give an exact estimate yet. I expect that the forums will be shut down for no more than 1 hour without any major problems.

The updates include some minor forums updates (no majors), the Resource Manager and the Media Gallery each have 1 update.

A lot of our other Add-Ons also have newer versions available.

:santa:🎄🎅🤶
:santa2::xtree:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back