Sky Kings (Bally, 1973) VP9

VP9 Bally EM Recreation Skykings, 1973 Bally - VP 9! v1.2 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
Well, it's done. A quick screenshot and the upload will be January 30th, Sunday. Watch and wait.......tiltjlp will be uploading the game then!

Most of all, enjoy the update from VP6!

druadic

Attachments

• SkykingsPIC.jpg
    SkykingsPIC.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 303
Uploaded, and available. 1793 Bally Skykings, updated for VP9 by druadic. For rules info, please read the attached rulesheets provided by me-mike at VP Forums in this ZIP file. Same with the rulecard. Playtesting as usual was done by tiltjlp.

The tilt mechanism was used from Bonanza, 1935 Exhibit Supply Company with a few tweaks. It counts up and down depending how fast you nudge the table. The Bally apron was kindly provided by Grizz at VP Forums. The backdrop edge image was used from CompuFox' Dolphin release.

The playfield and plastics redraw were by me. This took up most of the time along with redoing a ton of scripting to make Skykings run like a champ.

Playtester Note: When you start load the table, you’ll see something really sharp, that I’ve never seen before on any VP table. Check it out, and then when you’re ready to play, press 5 to insert a coin and you’ll get yet another nifty surprise.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=UpDownload#LAST

Last edited:
Thanks druadic! Excellent job on this one. I really like these older tables. Looking forward to your Pro Pool also.

Thanks Clyde! Enjoy the game. I did my best.

As for Pro Pool; I may redo this one from scratch and use the Skykings template to make it over. I think Skykings came out just about right so why not?

I also have a couple flipperless machines STILL in the works along with a 1970's machine by Gottlieb called Mini Cycle which Grizz has redrawn for me!

I hope to keep everyone's expectations of me as high as possible while putting out the best games I can. I enjoy it and like to share with everyone else.

Most importantly; have fun!

d

Thanks for the update druadic! I just tried the table & the ball would not go through gate 1 so i checked & in the editor "supports" needs to be unchecked for gate 1. Thought i would let you know. Thanks again. :cheers:

Attachments

• Sky Kings.jpg
    Sky Kings.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 289
That's interesting. I played it without any problems.

I'm still using VP9.08, maybe that's why it wasn't working. Too many bugs in the newer version.

I'm still using VP9.08, maybe that's why it wasn't working. Too many bugs in the newer version.

Clyde;

I'm using VP 9 so it works there. You might want to use that instead. That's why I updated this one not just because the last version was crap but because I wanted to take advantage of what VP9 has to offer. It plays great in VP9.

My version when I checked it was 910. It's NOT the newest version of VP. I have version 9.08 but I think when I look up the info it says 910. Check it and see.

Hope you'll enjoy the updates!

d

Will, in spite of whatever numbers are on it, you're using 9.09 just like I am. And while it's not perfect, it's fairly decent, and stable.

I'm using 9.08 and I haven't had any problems with this. pretty fun table.

Thanks Neo!

I've enjoyed this one myself; it's not easy, but nudging is the key. I like that if you nudge just at the right time near the outlane you can save that ball.

The nice thing is it's not as easy as the VP6 version. Makes for a fun game.

Enjoy!

d

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back