No permission to download
Solid State Machines

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I've uploaded V1.3 of Sorcerer to AJ's, but you can get it here right now:

http://pinballnirvana.com/Pacdude/files/

All of the changes are graphical, ranging from tinting the overall ambient lighting on various parts to putting my current ball image in the game, to getting rid of some jpg artifacts on background images (if you use the game room or your own backdrop), etc.

Attachments

• sorcerer_1_3r_313.jpg
    sorcerer_1_3r_313.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 624
  • sorcerer_1_3_127.jpg
    sorcerer_1_3_127.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 645
Oh you beat me to it. I wanted to release a mod of your last release, I'll fix this up tomorrow. The flippers don't look so bad on this one though, from what I can see in the shot, you've been working on that, good, but I bet they are fast as the dickens.

You must have thought, Oh damn, now I have to sneak the fix into all my scripts, now that it's not in the core.vbs. I know, I'll shop the graphics a bit.

WW is going to be a chore, I have started on that. This I won't start on untill tomorrow night, but I'll release a fixed up version tomorrow night. WW on Tuesday. If it's not done then a different one on Tuesday.

Great update! It's like playing Sorcerer in high-def! I am having one small problem that also existed in 1.1; there seems to be a stutter/slowdown when the upper drop targets are cleared and when multiball starts. Not a real big problem, but I don't think I've ever had a slowdown on any of your other tables.

Why would I need a ball through the flipper fix in the script???

I don't know. So you wont have a fucking ball through the God Damn flippers? You tell us why you put in in the fucking script.

It's BEEN in the script, Shockman. I made most of these tables before it was added to the core and I have not bothered to remove or change them seeing as they work fine either way and using my own sub-routine makes it possible to modify other behaviors like removing double flipper sounds on certain systems like WPC (i.e. White Water). The speed code is pointless either way seeing as it does the same thing with or without it. Thus, I judge your point MOOT.

ruby651 said:
Great update! It's like playing Sorcerer in high-def! I am having one small problem that also existed in 1.1; there seems to be a stutter/slowdown when the upper drop targets are cleared and when multiball starts. Not a real big problem, but I don't think I've ever had a slowdown on any of your other tables.

Sorcerer has massive drop-wall GI effects and so slow things down whenever they flash a lot (i.e. when multiball starts, etc.). If you set the F6 menu to not FADE for GI, I think you will notice a big improvement.

Pacdude said:
It's BEEN in the script, Shockman. I made most of these tables before it was added to the core and I have not bothered to remove or change them seeing as they work fine either way and using my own sub-routine makes it possible to modify other behaviors like removing double flipper sounds on certain systems like WPC (i.e. White Water). The speed code is pointless either way seeing as it does the same thing with or without it. Thus, I judge your point MOOT.

The point is that now you are served, and those that don't know how, I guess the people that are too stupid as you put it, are not.

If it had been up to you to e-mail wpcmame, we would still be waiting for the fix to be added in the first place!

The other thing you don't seem to get is that the core is what CAUSED the problem in most tables to begin with. The reason most originals do NOT have that problem is because they didn't have some fucking core forcing their flippers to slow down to speeds where the ball could pass right through them! And yet the whole fucking point of slowing the ball down was so they would *LOOK* more realistic. Forcing them to go FASTER just makes it look LESS realistic.

This way they've got a CHOICE. They can either have it LOOK accurate or they can have it PLAY accurate. Before, they had NO choice either before the fix or after. The core made the choice FOR them. Now they can choose to use the core or not to use the core in addition to choosing what speed their flippers will move at.

Pacdude said:
Sorcerer has massive drop-wall GI effects and so slow things down whenever they flash a lot (i.e. when multiball starts, etc.). If you set the F6 menu to not FADE for GI, I think you will notice a big improvement.

Big improvement, indeed! Multiball now works as smooth as buttah! Thanks for the help, PD!

If it had been up to you to e-mail wpcmame, we would still be waiting for the fix to be added in the first place!
Bullshit, and pointless because the fix was available not when it was added to the core script, but when I came up with it. I was the very first on the VPF to say that it should be in the core. I posted that. Destruk saw it, and so did others on the team. They were reluctant, because of power issues, and the fact that it was opposite of the setting they were using. and I was willing to give them the time to consider it. It was under control. I said what I said about the number being table based, but did say that .135 was the number I came up with in testing, and that testing involved a kicker throwing the ball at a returning flipper. It was science, not something I just came up with. You tell me that .135, is no different than .140 (though you know I am saying 0.014), yet you email WPC and tell him that the number should be as you say .137, and not .135 which he surly had read me post as my suggestion. It was new, and I was calling that the absolute maximum speed to use, I was thinking of a core value of .1 and that being changed with the table script as I showed you how to do, if needed.

You don't have a leg to stand on. Every time you try to justify yourself you say crap like .137 is about the same as .140. You know I am saying .137 is not the same as .014. Or you say I asked for it to be taken out of the core, or you say that it is no longer needed, or you say the core works the same as it always did. All bullshit.

You can have it now though. There is no longer any need for anyone to play your tables with shallow flippers and near instant return speed, unless they want to.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back